Captain
# 11
02-22-2013, 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
As a huge fan of the Excelsior Refit (Enterprise-B) ... that link provides a wealth of awesome.

And yes, my writings may get a *wee* bit more detailed due to those plans if the situation calls for it. I mean, someone went through a lot of work to make those blueprints, why not use them?

If only the game could be that accurate *sighs*.
I haven't seen if there is a plan for the Excelsior refit, but I think there might be... The only problem is not all the plans listed are fully accessible, which is a shame... If you find it a helpful resource, I'm glad I posted the link
Captain
# 12
02-22-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambassadormolari View Post
Darnit, Marcus, you've just added to my indecision now.

So, now it's a choice for me between the Excalibur-class U.S.S. Hadrian and the Nova-class U.S.S. Archimedes.
I know which of the two I would go for If you can't chose, there's always the good old coin flip
Captain
# 13
02-22-2013, 11:08 AM
So, the selection process is over and done with, and I went with the Hadrian. I don't deny, the Nova class was a very attractive option, but I find that I really like the look of the Excalibur class.

No reason why I can't name a ship the Archimedes in future, though...
Captain
# 14
02-22-2013, 03:57 PM
Quote:
So, the selection process is over and done with, and I went with the Hadrian. I don't deny, the Nova class was a very attractive option, but I find that I really like the look of the Excalibur class.

No reason why I can't name a ship the Archimedes in future, though...
Excellent decision All you need now is a suitably inspirational quote for the dedication plaque
Captain
# 15
02-22-2013, 04:21 PM
Aaaaand this is when I discover that there aren't any good quotes by the Emperor Hadrian.

Ah well. And if I feel that the name doesn't stick after a while, I can still use my free first rename (which I haven't used yet).

EDIT: Nevermind, found one.
Captain
# 16
02-22-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Aaaaand this is when I discover that there aren't any good quotes by the Emperor Hadrian.

Ah well. And if I feel that the name doesn't stick after a while, I can still use my free first rename (which I haven't used yet).

EDIT: Nevermind, found one.

ten characters...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-22-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
I am almost at level 10 in game, and I'm already contemplating what I want my Tier 1 ship to be. I am strongly drifting towards an Excalibur-class cruiser, just as a good jack-of-all-trades ship. Although I would like a science vessel for my engineering officer, and although the minelaying ability of the Nova class is very nice, I'm a little put off by how relatively tiny the ship is. That, and my gf is already running a Nova class, and I want to be a bit different.

Seeing as I'm the king of indecision, though, I'm in an ongoing debate as to what to call my next ship (my current Miranda class is the Da Vinci). Here are my list of finalists:

Aquinas
Avicenna
Hadrian
Justinian
Pericles
Ptolemy

I'm strongly drifting towards the Hadrian, as naming a ship after an emperor who constructed a giant wall seems appropriate for my engineer captain. On the other hand, the Avicenna, Pericles and Ptolemy are also attractive options. Note that if I do change my mind and get a Nova class, I'm definitely calling it the Archimedes.

Any thoughts/preferences on a name?
as long as its not "enterpise" or variations of the spelling. Every time someone names their ship "enterprise" a kitten dies. When they name the captain Kirk or Picard or variations of that a kitten and a puppy die.