Captain
# 41
02-22-2013, 07:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus16nbs View Post
I am getting the following error when I use Internet Explorer 9...

"You have Encountered an Error

Loading timeout

The resource you requested wasn't received in a reasonable time. You can refresh the page and try again.

Click here to go to Character Select"

Nothing is working in IE 9, but when I use Firefox everything works fine.

Zeus
I get the same error using Google Chrome (forgive me, I don't have the numbers but I know it's the most current version).

Once I "click here" then everything works fine.
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene
Ensign
# 42
02-22-2013, 12:40 PM
I can't seem to post anywhere else, so I'm hoping someone could forward this to a moderator/community leader.

Firstly, I'm unable to post new threads. I get a message that my account has not been set up with the required privileges.

Secondly, I have been barred from posting messages on the STO Facebook page. Why? I believe it may have something to do with me posting a request for non-PvP content and more single-player centric additions.

Are the two, perhaps, connected? Are STO developers so closed minded and so afraid of challenge that they've removed all privileges in a dictatorial style?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Lieutenant
It would be fantastic if we were able to assign our duty officers jobs via the gateway.

This sort of thing seems to be what the Gateway would be all about, however it just seems to be something you can view your character from while not at the computer playing the game.

Unless you're VERY attached to your toon, or know people who know the game and are that into it they'd want to see what your character wears and uses kit and weapon wise, the Gateway is pretty pointless.

This isn't intended to be negative, as I personally love the idea of the Gateway, I just wish a lot more useful stuff could be done with it.

Also, would it be possible to do away with the verification stuff, on my phone's stock browser (Android ICS) the verification page goes nuts when trying to input code and browser name. I understand the need for security, however since you can't do anything to the characters in game via gateway once you're logged in (yet, and I do hope "yet" is a "soon") then the over need for this seems redundant.
Survivor of Romulus
# 44
02-24-2013, 06:19 AM
I'm getting the following error on firefox 18.0.2 on windows 7x64.

"You have Encountered an Error

Loading timeout

The resource you requested wasn't received in a reasonable time. You can refresh the page and try again.

Click here to go to Character Select"

Happens every time on every character. It gets to the character select screen without an issue, but cannon advance past the "loading your command console" screen with the flashy bits in the middle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdrscarlet View Post
I get the same error using Google Chrome (forgive me, I don't have the numbers but I know it's the most current version).
The same error as what I get. Sadly, it doesn't work when I hit the "click here" part of the error message. It just goes into the same loop again.
There was a sig here, but I gave up. Thanks {REDACTED}

Last edited by captainoblivous; 02-24-2013 at 06:22 AM.
Career Officer
# 45
02-24-2013, 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aidy1972uk View Post
It would be fantastic if we were able to assign our duty officers jobs via the gateway.

This sort of thing seems to be what the Gateway would be all about, however it just seems to be something you can view your character from while not at the computer playing the game.

Unless you're VERY attached to your toon, or know people who know the game and are that into it they'd want to see what your character wears and uses kit and weapon wise, the Gateway is pretty pointless.

This isn't intended to be negative, as I personally love the idea of the Gateway, I just wish a lot more useful stuff could be done with it.

Also, would it be possible to do away with the verification stuff, on my phone's stock browser (Android ICS) the verification page goes nuts when trying to input code and browser name. I understand the need for security, however since you can't do anything to the characters in game via gateway once you're logged in (yet, and I do hope "yet" is a "soon") then the over need for this seems redundant.
Many planned additions to the gateway are coming. Have you read the recent "Ask Cryptic" or something like that? Dstahl talks in many places about what is planned for the gateway.

=/\= 106th Fleet =/\=
Website | Fleet Charter | Mission Statement | Forums | Join | F.A.Q.
Original Handle: the_orig_jean_luc_picard
Commander
Has there been any progress on this yet? I have the beta bookmarked, and was wondering if it has come out of beta testing yet.

Thanks
Cryptic Studios Team
# 47
03-05-2013, 07:22 PM
iPhone Problems with Account Guarded accounts

We have confirmed what the problem is for many iPhone users who get stuck in an Account Guard. When you try to log in to Gateway, you are requested for a code that is sent via email. When you switch from the Gateway page to read the email on the iPhone, the iPhone basically shuts down Safari and it looks to us like you've closed your session. We then invalidate your session and account guard code. Then when you switch back to Gateway, we start a new session.

A workaround is to use a different device to read your email and get the code.

We are working on a solution to this problem.
Career Officer
# 48
03-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
iPhone Problems with Account Guarded accounts

We have confirmed what the problem is for many iPhone users who get stuck in an Account Guard. When you try to log in to Gateway, you are requested for a code that is sent via email. When you switch from the Gateway page to read the email on the iPhone, the iPhone basically shuts down Safari and it looks to us like you've closed your session. We then invalidate your session and account guard code. Then when you switch back to Gateway, we start a new session.

A workaround is to use a different device to read your email and get the code.

We are working on a solution to this problem.
I am experiencing a similar yet different problem with my Windows Phone. I start Internet Explorer on my Windows Phone, load up the Gateway, and it loads the log in screen. I enter my username and password then it switches to the "Accessing" screen with the animated bars. That's it.

I have determined that at that point, an email is sent to my associated e-mail address with the code. I have used my Windows phone to get to that point, then access my email account on my PC to get the code, but I never get the chance to enter the code into the Gateway on my phone. It just hangs at the "Accessing" screen, then times out. It never pops up or switches to a screen that would let me enter the code.

So it's not an issue of closing or leaving the instance/session of the Gateway because I'm getting the email code on my PC -- but I am not able to enter a code into the Gateway at all on my Windows phone.

(Using Nokia Lumia 710, Windows Phone 7.5)
Rihannsu
# 49
03-06-2013, 03:41 AM
Any chance to see dilithium refining option added to the gateway?

Also, would it be possible to see character's skill point distribution?
Starfleet Veteran
# 50 New Gateway System
03-06-2013, 09:51 AM
I see that with the new gateway we are supposed to be able to contribute to fleet projects without being in game.

Right now on the gateway system (the live one) I can change the CHARNAME@ACCOUNT in the url and see anybody's toons.

Will overzealous fleet leaders be able to just switch to each of their fleet member accounts and contribute on their behalf, whether they want to or not?

Just a thought.