Lieutenant
This is a Idea....

Make a Part of the foundry available for the inventing of New Weapons, Systems, Ships, And Even maybe a place in the Universe for our Alien Races to call their own.... allong with a small arsenal of ships and tech for them.... and also adds on to each factions power if said race wants.

For instance my race I made my char, Zavren, are a Race of Aliens who do not like war, their counter systems and shields systems, along with engines, are more developed...

You could make ships that look diffrent from all others, along with makeing Episodes or Foundry missions around them allowing for expatiation, and even more options to chose from, allong with the inventing players royalties they get 10% of sells from any of their items sold.... this way even basic players could make a weapon or ship and make a profit for things that are normally out of their grasp.

Also it may be nice to have a place to call home ^_^ like your own system and world.
Career Officer
# 2
02-22-2013, 01:43 PM
SHHhhhh!!!~

don't give cryptic ideas on how to worm more money out of us for a system

that aside, sure it SOUNDS like a good idea, but the amount of time and effort that could go into building this system and ensuring proper balance, it'd not only end up as more of a "personal" starbase system, like the reputation systems, but with a tangible visit-able result, but also would have a potential for abuse with the "developing your own tech" thing
Captain
# 3
02-22-2013, 02:57 PM
I think this would be far more complicated than you are guessing. Also, if I have to pay to make foundry missions I will stop making them. I am already doing Cryptic a massive (and free) service by adding content in my spare time for the fun of it.
Captain
# 4
02-22-2013, 03:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajstoner View Post
I think this would be far more complicated than you are guessing. Also, if I have to pay to make foundry missions I will stop making them. I am already doing Cryptic a massive (and free) service by adding content in my spare time for the fun of it.
Couldn't agree more with all of these points.

stardestroyer001, VA Explorers Fury | Email me for a Pro-Galaxy sig!
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More! | My Forum Gripes
Foundry: A new series coming soon! | PvP: PvP Boot Camp, Notebook Project Almost Done!
Captain
# 5
02-23-2013, 09:09 AM
You can create foundry missions to interact with your custom race or play as member of a custom alien race. I would hate to see the game stuffed with user created fanfic all over the place.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Career Officer
# 6
02-23-2013, 12:15 PM
One good point I found and would like to see is, being able to design your own weapons. What both attacks fire, what energy type they both use (maybe different) and the look of it. Just for fun, I would even make one of my guns fire the party popper effects

...off subject, but wouldnt that be something...in a space pvp and along with torps and beams, balloons begin inflating before u too?

My TNG themed cat uses a hand phaser, I use the elite fleet one because it looks more like the one from the shows. But as for the other end game hand phasers, they have all that holo stuff all over it and the handle looks like the tentacle on Buu's head (DBZ ref) I would like to be able to make them look like the ones from the tv shows and movies. The phaser rifles are a mess too, looking nothing like they do on the show. ...too bad you cant control the uniforms for your ships bridge eather.
Deviant Art-Youtube- =^.^=The Red Pill
The path I choose to resist ARC
How Picard dealt with ARC!