Career Officer
# 21
02-20-2013, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Alien ships should look alien. Each future alien ship that belongs to a specific race should have the same skin options as the first alien ship. So Caitian ships should have 3 or 4 unique skins that are only available to them. Vulcan ships should have 3 or 4 unique skins that are only available to them. We need more alien skins not use current starfleet skins on them.
^^^
This I agree with. At least some different and unique skins for alien ships, but not Federation or KDF skins on alien ships.

Oh! And I would like to see the ship's name and registry on the ship's hull.

See my suggestions to revamp playable factions at: FACTION REVAMP: A PROPOSAL TO CRYPTIC STUDIOS
Lieutenant
# 22
02-22-2013, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baddmoonrizin View Post
^^^
This I agree with. At least some different and unique skins for alien ships, but not Federation or KDF skins on alien ships.

Oh! And I would like to see the ship's name and registry on the ship's hull.
Eh, but they're not -just- alien ships. They're alien ships that have been adopted by starfleet. And it's not like I'm advocating taking away the existing skins, just offering an alternative option.
Captain
# 23
02-22-2013, 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavensrun View Post
I actually think it pulls things closer -in- to canon. One of the major complaints about the lockbox ships is that fed captains shouldn't be flying alien craft, and one of the major defenses against that is that the federation is pressed by the war situation into using whatever ships it can get its hands on. If the ship has been "adopted" by starfleet, it makes more sense if it's been given a starfleet paint job and call numbers.

If my computer was stable enough to install my image-editing software, I'd try my hand at some mockups.
The material used to make the hull is not a paint job. You're talking about Starfleet taking these commandeered ships and giving them a complete overhaul. Obviously this is not the case. In reality, Starfleet is simply deploying these ships with their alien crews as cannon fodder to be devoured by the war, while real Starfleet captains enjoy their tea. Earl Gray. Hot. From the comfort of their ginormous bridges.

So, no, Starfleet would not waste any resources in removing the existing hulls to give these throw-away ships new hulls.
Career Officer
# 24
02-22-2013, 02:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkerstorm View Post
The material used to make the hull is not a paint job. You're talking about Starfleet taking these commandeered ships and giving them a complete overhaul. Obviously this is not the case. In reality, Starfleet is simply deploying these ships with their alien crews as cannon fodder to be devoured by the war, while real Starfleet captains enjoy their tea. Earl Gray. Hot. From the comfort of their ginormous bridges.

So, no, Starfleet would not waste any resources in removing the existing hulls to give these throw-away ships new hulls.
I don't think a roleplay perspective is necessarily the right way to determine what Starfleet or characters would or would not do, personally.
Captain
# 25
02-22-2013, 02:31 PM
I find the alien ships to be represented by the Federation's ideals. Numerous races working together for the common good. Starfleet has been too human-centric for all of the TV shows. Almost makes people think that other alien races have no exploration drive or are second-rate citizens in the Federation. Introducing Starfleet skins to alien ships seems like assimilation rather than diversification. The future of the Starfleet should be about getting away from its human-centric past rather making other aliens embrace it.
Commander
# 26
02-22-2013, 03:20 PM
I'd personally rather have the old Terran Empire skins available for unlock and use, that glowing indigo on the dark hull was sick and menacing.