Survivor of Romulus
# 11
02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosaturn View Post
I too have Norton,
There is your problem, right there.

I think Norton seems to get worse each year, and by worse I mean "bloated" and user unfriendly.. F-Secure is what I've been using for a few years now and rarely run into any problems with games.

I'm not sponsored by F-Secure btw, just sharing from personal experience.
Career Officer
# 12
02-22-2013, 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
There is your problem, right there.

I think Norton seems to get worse each year, and by worse I mean "bloated" and user unfriendly.. F-Secure is what I've been using for a few years now and rarely run into any problems with games.

I'm not sponsored by F-Secure btw, just sharing from personal experience.
Y'know, I've actually found the opposite. I've used Norton since the dark days of 2005 or so, when the charge of it being a bloated pain in the ass was completely accurate.

Over the last couple of years, though, I've found it to be a lean piece of nonintrusive software. My recent STO problems aside, it's been pretty solid.

I'll definitely agree that the user/UI experience could always improve.
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
02-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffel82 View Post
Y'know, I've actually found the opposite. I've used Norton since the dark days of 2005 or so, when the charge of it being a bloated pain in the ass was completely accurate.

Over the last couple of years, though, I've found it to be a lean piece of nonintrusive software. My recent STO problems aside, it's been pretty solid.

I'll definitely agree that the user/UI experience could always improve.
Perhaps they improved then.
Survivor of Romulus
# 14
02-22-2013, 06:13 PM
After all that I got this pop up

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...urn/error3.png

What happen in the new patch to cause this?
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
02-22-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neosaturn View Post
After all that I got this pop up

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y13...urn/error3.png

What happen in the new patch to cause this?
My advice would be to go to Windows Start menu - Control Panel and disable Windows firewall all together if you already have have Norton security thingy installed. No point in running 2 firewalls.
Career Officer
# 16
02-22-2013, 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by idrona View Post
My advice would be to go to Windows Start menu - Control Panel and disable Windows firewall all together if you already have have Norton security thingy installed. No point in running 2 firewalls.
What he said. NIS and Windows Firewall are unlikely to play nicely together.
Captain
# 17
02-23-2013, 02:47 AM
I don't have Norton, I'm using Panda, but I cant see anywhere to exclude STO from the block list.
Also I can get onto Tribble fine, just not Holodeck.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Ensign
# 18
03-03-2013, 12:40 PM
I am new to STO and have been trying to play the game for a week now. It worked few times but usually I cannot seem to get pass by the launcher. I either get a blank white window that sometimes says "Loading. Please wait." or I get to the login/password prompt and when I try to login (click "Login") the launcher crashes and I get this "CrypticError: Oops!". Been looking for some helpful information and a solution to this big issue but havent had any luck. Anyone have an idea?

Like I said. Occasionally the game will start and I can play. But 95% of the time I get the launcher crash error. The game itself, once I am ingame works perfectly.

I am running Win8 pro 64bit btw.

EDIT: Sometimes when I get the blank white launcher window another IE (which is IE10 on Windows 8) window will pop up after a while with URL saying "res://ieframe.dll/dnserrordiagoff_webOC.htm"

Last edited by truejiggawatts; 03-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Ensign
# 19 I can't log in
07-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Every time I try to log in it tells me I need a one time code but my email wont let me get one
Ensign
# 20
07-17-2013, 01:57 AM
I have an problem too...I launch the launcher a then type my email adress and password a it says unable to authenticate:Invaldi username buti copy the email adress from my account page...
Closed Thread