Lieutenant
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
# 11
02-22-2013, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpangel View Post
If you think the rep store stuff is too expensive, don't buy it.
Wow, Just, Wow.

I don't think that is a fair thing to say, At all.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 12
02-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfexile1 View Post
Wow, Just, Wow.

I don't think that is a fair thing to say, At all.
It's a perfectly fair thing to say, especially because OP already said he can get stuff just as good on the exchange for a far cheaper price.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
# 13
02-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgebhardt View Post
Dear Crypitc,

could you please explain to me why a purple Borg duty Officer that used to cost the equivalent of 4x 1024 dilithium ore now cost 15.000 refined Dilithium?

Same with the ground weapons: A ground weapon did cost 1 prototype borg salvage or 20 encrypted Borg chips, which translated into 2304 dilithium ore. Now the same weapons cost 9400 refined dilithium.

It might not be so bad if the cost were in omega marks, which would mean 1500 omega marks for the Borg duty officer or 940 omega marks for the ground weapons - Still overpriced. But you demand refined dilithium, which is needed at every turn for various fleet and reputation projects and has a very small bottleneck of about 8000 dilithium per day.

I will not speak about the prices in the Romulan reputation store, because there I have not previous figures. But I would like to point out that I do not shop in that store either.
Let me get this straight -

(1) Stahl & Company decided to take the EDC/Salvage token system and trash it in spite of their only having to add "trade up" options at the vendors. (2) In place of that they implement weeks-long "reputation" grind where you have to buy the privilege-to-buy-items before you can buy them. (3) They jacked the prices up several times over on said items. And (4) either people don't understand this or, worse, are condoning it given some of the responses you've received.

Why aren't we petitioning CBS to shut this down?

Last edited by smki; 02-22-2013 at 05:35 PM.
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 29
# 14
02-22-2013, 05:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Hm... top tier weapons being expensive? WHAT IS THIS MADNESS!!!!

Seriously... the costs are justified. This is not Season 6 anymore. It is a completely different game with completely different rules. This gear is considered top tier, and as such will be costly. In many cases, it's not worth it, but in a select few it is. Not to sound like an ass, but suck it up and deal with it.
You mean how you dealt with this game being Star Trek in name only?
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 15
02-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smki View Post
You mean how you dealt with this game being Star Trek in name only?
Star Trek in name, in ship designs, and in characters/races/maps only yes. Everything else is basically just your classic MMO. Lots of fighting for no reason, laughable story and character development, damage obsession, and bruisers being king.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9
# 16
02-23-2013, 10:43 AM
The rep tiers shouldnt have to be bought with dil and e.c(all those replicated items rack up quite a cost)

Should be omega marks and borg n.p's...so its based on how many times youve ran through the stf's. (the entire reason the reputation system came out)

And drop the completion time to 10 hours...20 is ridiculous. Ive played this game since it came out...and ive been a lifetime member since. Each season seems to be a slap in the face. So yeah...im not gonna run around in gear that i coulda got three years ago using valor marks(i doubt 80 percent of the players now know wtf they are) or on the exchange...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:12 AM.