Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ensign
# 11
02-22-2013, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
I just read the first paragraph, and I agree. Stun ability should be ingame...

Which it is. Equip a Stun Pistol, and presto, you get a stun ability.
Star Destroyer, we do indeed have "Stun Pistols" but the basic effect of using one in combat is no different than any other energy weapon in the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Why stun, when you can instead just slaughter them?

Most of these little slime aren't worth keeping alive. They are brigands, bullies, and more often than not just wastes of flesh and metal. So just kill them.
Heretic Night, my point wasn't about whether to slaughter all enemy npcs on sight, it was about increasing a player's options and adding greater depth to the game that it doesn't currently have whether you are flying under the Federation's banner or the Klingon Empire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by braven78 View Post
I like how the OP is thinking here. Multiple choice / choose-your-adventure style Trek. Which is more in the spirit of how Trek is. People have demanded less violent ways of dealing with enemies and this could do just that. I like to vaporize those baddies I feel the need to kill like the Borg but there are some I would prefer to "knock out" (like a generic thief or saboteur) for a non lethal approach. End result = reward and XP values based on how you handled the situation. This could also add a very much needed replay value to a lot of the missions just to see how things could have went. From what I understand of the mission structures it could be done with a branching design based on choices made. Probably would not be that hard to program in. Thank you for this post, I really enjoyed your idea.

Thank you Braven for your support. I've been playing STO from launch and combat hasn't changed at all. You don't have any options other than what abilities you gain by leveling and the abilities you choose for your bridge officer and away teams. I posted my idea as something to add more depth to combat, DOFF missions, and concepts that are Star Trek but aren't currently available in game.