Rihannsu
# 1391
02-22-2013, 03:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
If someone has not fleet then they should not be able to buy anything that requires provisions.

they can probably still buy the boffs and doffs as they dont require actual provisioning although ive not tested it, but they do need fleet credits (which you need to be in a fleet at some point to get)
'should not', meaning...you don't actually know for certain?

seems like a good opportunity for experimentation; find someone who has some fleet credits stocked up, yet is currently fleetless, then invite him to your starbase/embassy and have him report what is and isn't buyable, and if items that require any kind of provision are in fact buyable, see if it takes from your supply

you could then publish the results from that for other fleets to use, make some nice PR for yourselves
Empire Veteran
# 1392
02-22-2013, 03:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalecto View Post
First of all I'd like to ask that either another Shadowcat Master take over updating the google docs roster or that a lower ranked Shadowcat ask to assist, because I'm going to be taking a short break from STO and will be playing DayZ for a while with my local friend.

@Valen (Shadowcat Master) has prevously asked if he can invite people to the fleet to use the fleet stores but chanrge them, for exaple if they want to purchase a fleet ship, then sure but they pay us a few million EC.

Otherwise the answer is no, each player is expected to work for it, unless they can afford to just go ahead and give us a few million EC for a quicker option.
Thanks for clearing it up.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Rihannsu
# 1393
02-22-2013, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
'should not', meaning...you don't actually know for certain?
i know that is how the system works but i put 'should' as there are always bugs and exploits stopping things from working as designed.

to buy something you need access to a fleets provisions, and the necessary tick in the box for your rank on the privilege screen. as you have no fleet or rank it, it should (baring a bug) not work but i have not tested it so i cant account for any bugs or errors in the system.

House of Cards - Lvl 46 Fed mission
Empire Veteran
# 1394
02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
I went to college scholarship interviews today. Found out that if I am accepted into one program, I may be able to study abroad and go on a trip to Africa! .
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Rihannsu
# 1395
02-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
I went to college scholarship interviews today. Found out that if I am accepted into one program, I may be able to study abroad and go on a trip to Africa! .
great, then you can get eaten by hungry lions...or cheetahs...or hyenas
Empire Veteran
# 1396
02-22-2013, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
great, then you can get eaten by hungry lions...or cheetahs...or hyenas
The Cheetahs use the trucks for vantage points.
Republic Veteran
# 1397
02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
It's always great to get a different view of the world. After trips to Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Kuwait, and Iraq, I've realized that most "First World" citizens have no idea what poverty truly is.

Getting a view of other nations makes you really appreciate your own.

Have fun and good luck!
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 1398
02-22-2013, 06:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
It's always great to get a different view of the world. After trips to Afghanistan, Kyrgyzstan, Turkey, Kuwait, and Iraq, I've realized that most "First World" citizens have no idea what poverty truly is.

Getting a view of other nations makes you really appreciate your own.

Have fun and good luck!
Got to wait 2 years though hehe.
Nobody understands truly what the state of the world is. If they did the U.S wouldn't be in its own current state. At least I hope it wouldn't..
Captain
# 1399
02-22-2013, 09:10 PM
Quote:
Africa? No no. Come to Europe if you can.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, ISS Queen Elizabeth, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Empire Veteran
# 1400
02-22-2013, 09:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post
Africa? No no. Come to Europe if you can.
No no. I want to study the big cats. Africa is my dream destination. Unless you get me a free night to see the Tower in Paris lol.