Career Officer
# 11
02-23-2013, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
Now that all the promised content: winter event; anniversary event; new fleet ships; andorian ships; has been released.. will it be a slow and painful wait till May 2013?
Nah, I've been busying myself with other things. STO is a casual game... not necessarily casual for the players that have to grind like its going out of style, but rather its a "casual game" for Cryptic since it so rarely adds content.
Captain
# 12
02-23-2013, 02:00 AM
It wont be a long wait. For many there is plenty to do still. I just got to Tier 1 on Romulan on my Fed. Still have the KDF to do. I'm farming out Dil for stuff as well. Then I have a 3rd character to level.

I don't do the "I can't wait attitude". To me time is precious. And I don't want to hurry my life up just cause I want something to come out sooner. Time flies as it is. It will get here. Just like another said as well. I want the new "patch" to come out good. Not full of issues cause they did a rush job on it.
Commander
# 13
02-23-2013, 02:08 AM
After listening the last podcast interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBBIH...ature=youtu.be) the most important things in my opinion are :

1.)new May content=new fleet holdings,new stf's,new adventure zone ,PVP and foundry enhancements,a confirmed new reputation system.

2.)2 federation C-store ship version will be revamped.No confirmation for KDF ships.
Date :"when they are ready" .So KDF won't get any ship (at least from last podcast there is no confirmation)

3.)Finally KDF will get specific mission in next May update.

4.)Worst part for all KDF : Stahl 's char in game is fed captain used to flight a Fleet defiant before and now loves to fly with new Kumari............

Last edited by dova25; 02-23-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Career Officer
# 14
02-23-2013, 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by avarseir View Post
Now that all the promised content: winter event; anniversary event; new fleet ships; andorian ships; has been released.. will it be a slow and painful wait till May 2013?
We might get a new lock box in March or April (maybe) but other than that, yeah, I expect it's going to be the big wait now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Do you honestly expect them to have an entirely new faction, even if it's as halfway developed as the current KDF, with a decent number of starships, new starting zones, costumes, and UI, ready to go... in 3 months?
Can they develop and produce a new faction within three months? I'd say no. That being said, we don't know that they haven't been working on a romulan faction (in the background) for the past 12-months.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thutmosis85 View Post
Dstahl pretty much tried to lower them in "Ask Cryptic February" already, coming from Dstahl that's a bad sign
It seems we're reading things differently. Dstahl hasn't denied a romulan faction in the post you quoted. Granted he didn't acknowledge it either, but I took his answer as a positive one. If a Romulan Faction wasn't to be released in May, they could easily come back at us and say "it isn't the rommie faction guys, but you're going to love what we've got in store for you".

Instead, they're not talking about it. Sounds like they don't want us to know the obvious.
Captain
# 15
02-23-2013, 06:23 AM
The optimist : stuff is coming in May but it may be a giant success .
I can't wait to test stuff out on Tribble .
And we will be getting new players thanks to the JJ movie .

The pessimist : stuff is coming in May ... , well @ the end of May , more like June really , and boy will it ever be a giant cluster$%^& !
I wonder how many things will get cut from the initial release ?
Oh well , at least we'll have a bigger crowd to watch it all burn ... thanks to the JJ movie .

Either way , I'm left to wonder if CBS will keep a sharper eye on Cryptic's shenanigans due to the proximity of the release of the JJ movie and the "Season 8 is dead to me" ?

It would be nice for a change if our "positive feedback" actually got noticed by someone .
STO will be out of Beta in another 2-4 years ???
... you know after another 3 story arc remasters, crafting revamp, skills revamp, PVP upgrade ...
*note : the 2-4 year guesstimate came out of comparing Cryptic's Dev speed and that of a snail . Sadly the snail won .

Last edited by aelfwin1; 02-23-2013 at 06:29 AM.
Commander
# 16
02-23-2013, 06:35 AM
I would expect a variety of small events and releases, i expect sometime in the next month a more official announcement of whats coming, it worth noting we have all assumed its the "Romie" faction, however they haven't said that, and while I don't think they would have let it go this far without reining speculation in, we should not consider it confirmed.

It is also worth noting the NW, is gearing up for release on a similar time scale, its likely they don't want internal competition so I would expect STO will be kinda boring during Beta weekends, and the week of NW release. So the answer to your question is yes, now is the time to get your grind on. Get your alts caught up to your main, lay in dilithium you can get your hands on, get ec in the bank.
Survivor of Romulus
# 17
02-23-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sorceror01 View Post
Do you honestly expect them to have an entirely new faction, even if it's as halfway developed as the current KDF, with a decent number of starships, new starting zones, costumes, and UI, ready to go... in 3 months?
What makes you think they've only been working on this upgrade for 3 months?
=\/= ================================ =\/=
Centurion maximus92
12th Legion, Romulan Republic
12th Fleet

=\/= ================================ =\/=
Career Officer
# 18
02-23-2013, 06:39 AM
Not sure how long you've been around but I have a handful of "reminders" I give myself when dealing with Cryptic... Before and after PWE purchase, in no particular order:
  • When something is free, be sure theres something expensive associated with it.
  • When waiting for content, be patient (especially if something they can earn money on is in queue, regardless what came first)
  • Ignore whatever tweets, blogs or comments given... Untill it's in-game, it's vaporware.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
The optimist:
The Pessimist:
I'd consider myself #3, the Realist.

I can see why people are both optimistic and pessimistic. Some people feel like they've been let down by Cryptic time and time again, whilst others remain hopeful that the content they've been waiting for will arise.

With Season 8, as far as I'm concerned, by analyzing what we know, and reading what has been said, it stands to reason that a Romulan faction will be coming. That's got nothing to do with me being optimistic. It's simple enough bases on analysis. If it turns out there isn't a Romulan Faction, then it isn't because optimists got the wrong end of the stick, it's because Cryptic failed in their duty when answering questions and creating certain content (such as that new web page).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aelfwin1 View Post
Either way , I'm left to wonder if CBS will keep a sharper eye on Cryptic's shenanigans due to the proximity of the release of the JJ movie and the "Season 8 is dead to me" ?
I don't actually think they will.

Nothing in STO has any basis within or toward the new JJ film. STO is set in the 'Prime' Universe, not the rebooted JJ one. The consequences of the May film, I don't believe will have any relevance to this game.

[quote=aelfwin1;8269561It would be nice for a change if our "positive feedback" actually got noticed by someone.[/QUOTE]Oh I'm sure that Cryptic are aware of both the positive and negative feedback. They can't respond to everything.
Captain
# 20
Just take it one day at a time. May will be here soon enough
Kathryn S. Beringer - The Dawn Patrol

Solaris build - Veritatum Liquido Cernene