Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Galactic News Network
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21 Beta Keys
10-09-2009, 10:14 PM
Are these keys for Open Beta or Closed Beta??? BTW, just started to follow you guys on twitter!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
10-09-2009, 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by south-paw_twin
Are these keys for Open Beta or Closed Beta??? BTW, just started to follow you guys on twitter!
i would think that they are for closed beta, why would they be giving out keys for open beta now?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
10-09-2009, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awen
That's right! Zinc and Awen are going to be giving away closed beta keys away on Twitter. If you want a chance, you will need to follow both CrypticAwen and CrypticZinc to get in on the action.

I'm not going to tell you when it's starting, just that it is!
This promotion is totally embarrassing. Cryptic has to bribe people with a chance at a beta key to get followers on Twitter.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
10-10-2009, 09:11 PM
Oh well, too bad I loathe Twitter. There goes another chance for keys I can't get. :p
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
10-11-2009, 03:57 AM
tweet away guys
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
10-11-2009, 05:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iTod
Too many sites, not enough time
lol, I use a program called seesmic that allows me to check all the people I am following on twitter with ease in 1 program and allows me to reply to them all from the same program.

www.seesmic.com
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
10-11-2009, 05:42 AM
I really don't understand the point of this other than silly viral marketing. Really people, can you NOT see what they are doing.

Awen, don't take this personally (you're just doing your job), but all this crap of selling betas through the CO thing, the worthless contests that do nothing, this twitter thing...it is all just....silly and not really needed.

Preorder beta. Simple as that. Why not go that route? It is the best option for this type of game. Cryptic isn't against selling beta keys or handing them out in chat to who can google the fastest, "what was the name of the dancer who got ate by a rancor?" and now just obsessive twitter action.

What is the problem with a preorder beta.

StarDock does this often and thrives on it. Why waste our time with this crap to just TRY and get into beta? Why waste your time? It makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
10-11-2009, 08:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziktur View Post
I really don't understand the point of this other than silly viral marketing. Really people, can you NOT see what they are doing.

Awen, don't take this personally (you're just doing your job), but all this crap of selling betas through the CO thing, the worthless contests that do nothing, this twitter thing...it is all just....silly and not really needed.

Preorder beta. Simple as that. Why not go that route? It is the best option for this type of game. Cryptic isn't against selling beta keys or handing them out in chat to who can google the fastest, "what was the name of the dancer who got ate by a rancor?" and now just obsessive twitter action.

What is the problem with a preorder beta.

StarDock does this often and thrives on it. Why waste our time with this crap to just TRY and get into beta? Why waste your time? It makes no sense.
Because, this game is gonna be something different than other MMO's. one must understand that if Cryptic wants to sell beta keys they can do it any way they wish, the games i think personally are fun for people to get online and have a little competition with each other and to get to know one another. Im sure there are plenty of people who bought the 6 month or lifetime subscriptions who already know that they are accepted into closed beta. i think the way they did this beta test offer is one of the best, u get 2 games in one in a since, but all in all good job Awen on the contests that you are doing and everyone else who has taken part in the forums.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
10-11-2009, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by satek06 View Post
Because, this game is gonna be something different than other MMO's. one must understand that if Cryptic wants to sell beta keys they can do it any way they wish, the games i think personally are fun for people to get online and have a little competition with each other and to get to know one another. Im sure there are plenty of people who bought the 6 month or lifetime subscriptions who already know that they are accepted into closed beta. i think the way they did this beta test offer is one of the best, u get 2 games in one in a since, but all in all good job Awen on the contests that you are doing and everyone else who has taken part in the forums.
Of course they can do what they want, doesn't mean it is the smartest move. what competition? Who can google the fastest or refresh twitter enough times? Right....that is so competition, i forgot. Silly me.

One did not get two games with the CO buyin, just one game (which may or not get played, mostly was to make CO sales look better) and acces to beta. If selling beta keys is ok why not a preorder beta?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
10-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziktur View Post
Of course they can do what they want, doesn't mean it is the smartest move. what competition? Who can google the fastest or refresh twitter enough times? Right....that is so competition, i forgot. Silly me.

One did not get two games with the CO buyin, just one game (which may or not get played, mostly was to make CO sales look better) and acces to beta. If selling beta keys is ok why not a preorder beta?
I have to ask... How does this affect you?

You say it "makes no sense".. How so?

What I got from your post(s) is this; you want access to beta, and you want pre-order beta so you can get in on it... Right? Fine, but why complain about the way they are doing it? Are you complaining because you failed to secure a key in the few contests?

Besides, whos to say they wont do preorder beta? Maybe they don't want to do pre-order beta because they gave most of the slots away with the CO subs... But that doesn't mean that what they are doing "makes no sense"...

IMO the pre-order subs was a great idea. I would have done it. It was marketing genius. I bought the 6-month for 2 reasons. First because I liked playing CO, and second, because if the STO beta. Some people just wanted the STO beta, and some couldn't care less, but I say to each their own to that.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:51 PM.