Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
Sorry if I've been posting too much lately, but I don't post unless I absolutely cannot find what I'm looking for on the forums, ugcstarbase, youtube, or google.

I'm having a problem with a mission objective though. The objective is simple - the player is to repair a ship, then beam a crew down. So there's three things I want to learn how to do (if it can be done).

first, Not too important, but I made a costume for a bird of prey - How do I get that to look damaged?

Second, do I use interact with object or interact with contact? Object doesn't allow me to choose the bird of prey as a component (maybe there's something I can hide?) and contact doesn't really make sense.

Third, after doing this, and getting the npcs that the player is supposed to beam down, how do I make the BoP an objective again with a repair animation? Do I just place another BoP over the old and swap out the state between objectives?

If anybody has any tutorials about interacting with stuff like this in space, that would be awesome.

I hope I explained this right, thank you for anyone who responds!