Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Empire Veteran
# 11
02-23-2013, 03:52 PM
they did the KDF one 'sode expansion allready.. it was a very very very good mission (Alpha)

but the fact that it was just a single mission did set folks off..

one of those "is that all there is?" moments..

I think we can safely expect a bit more then one hair frizzing mission this time.
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 12
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm personally tired of spending money to only see Federation things added. I've purchased nearly every KDF ship from the C-store. Only recently did I buy some Fed ones.

Defiance, TESO.....

What they do in May will decide if I find the worth in putting money into this game..

I personally don't believe Stahl when he says anything about KDF. They can fix bugs that make them money in under 24 hours. But, QoL stuff takes years to fix. I'll mention it again, when are we getting our Marauding boff reward fixed?

I mean seriously its been broken since Season 5 went live. We were told on Jan 16th 2013 "Top people are on this".

But, the fix won't make them money, so its never been looked into :/

Fixing things that make money is great, people will pay. Long term bugs that are not fixed brings down faith in the Devs.

Many people say "Cryptic's a bunch of Ferengi's"

I disagree, Ferengi's would not ignore 20% profit (If it's true that the KDF playerbase is only 20%)

Whose fault is that anyway? They really expect people to fully enjoy a faction that's only half complete?

Gotta spend money to make money.... take a risk Cryptic... you might be shocked by the turn out.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Empire Veteran
# 13
02-23-2013, 04:51 PM
In May I may be happy, maybe.
I hope its more than just a mission or two but a real shot of substance.
Roy Hatch (stryker) soldier, friend, and good man.
1945-2014
RIP
Starfleet Veteran
# 14
02-23-2013, 04:55 PM
What Cryptic think is a Finished-KDF is not what the KDF community think is a Finished-KDF ...
Federation Bushrangers
Federation & Imperial Bushrangers
Looking for an Australian/New Zealand fleet?
www.bushrangers.net
Career Officer
# 15
02-23-2013, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkstocbr View Post
What Cryptic think is a Finished-KDF is not what the KDF community think is a Finished-KDF ...
Do Federation only players think that KDF is complete right now?

The ones I know don't think it is or its fair.....

I play both sides, keeping 6 toons active

If Romulans are released... I'll make 3 more toons..

KDF has been lacking since launch... Yes, Cryptic has made sporadic strides in bringing KDF up to par. But, its been known since release whats needed is an updated mostly devoted to KDF development. i won't believe anything a Devs says till I see tribble notes. It's not being pessimistic, its just plain reality.
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Commander
# 16
02-23-2013, 10:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
I'm personally tired of spending money to only see Federation things added.
I'm holding off on buying Zen as well. If May brings the KDF updates to a worthy level, I'll drop some cash on Zen and get the Andorian pack (or some tasty new KDF stuff, if its there). If not, the Andorian ship will be brought by the Stipend.

One thing we do know the KDF is getting is new boot options, although the grumpy old fart in me suggests thats the Extent of the May KDf update, I'd like to remain optmistic, but I my brain just won't get excited.
Empire Veteran
# 17
02-23-2013, 10:59 PM
As with all the previous...announcements, I'll just say I'm cautiously optimistic.

Lieutenant
# 18
02-24-2013, 12:58 AM
being as the raptor is a type of klingon ship and has nothing to do with romulans, i had a feeling that the green bird like image was more of a klingon nod. the romulan green may just mean a romulan conflict.

adding a third faction in a game where less than 20% of your total pbase even touches your 2nd faction would not be a good idea, and would require your dev team to split it's attention 3 ways instead of only 2.
Captain
# 19
02-24-2013, 01:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixa1 View Post
being as the raptor is a type of klingon ship and has nothing to do with romulans, i had a feeling that the green bird like image was more of a klingon nod. the romulan green may just mean a romulan conflict.

adding a third faction in a game where less than 20% of your total pbase even touches your 2nd faction would not be a good idea, and would require your dev team to split it's attention 3 ways instead of only 2.
He said "May"-but that doesn't MEAN anything-it could be that there MAY be some future content-sometime, preferably before the sun burns out.

My personal bet's on a Romulan Lockbox and some teasers...and of course, more swag for the Federation. It fits the behaviour patterns better than maintaining a false sense of hope that KDF is going to get anything, much less anything worth having, from this Development team.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 20
02-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
He said "May"-but that doesn't MEAN anything-it could be that there MAY be some future content-sometime, preferably before the sun burns out.
I do think he meant there will be Klingon specific content in the month of May. However, it is not saying what or how much of it... that is where the issue lays.

I will not get too excited and wait for some actual official news or patch notes.

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)