Empire Veteran
# 21
02-23-2013, 06:05 AM
The cap doesn't bother me for equipment and such.
What bothers me is the unrefined dilithium has no value.
Why can't we use unrefined for the starbase construction?
Career Officer
# 22
02-23-2013, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalpen View Post
The cap doesn't bother me for equipment and such.
What bothers me is the unrefined dilithium has no value.
Why can't we use unrefined for the starbase construction?
Because this would have a huge inflationary impact on the perceived value of Dilithium. Fleet Base Projects are intended to be Dilithium sinks to improve the value of Dilithium. And looking at the Dilithium Exchange prices, it appears its working as intended...
Commander
# 23
02-23-2013, 07:15 AM
I saw it somewhere that cryptic are keeping the dilithium cap at 8000,because if it was risen or scrapped,they would lose money. They want more players to actually buy zen with real cash.They know very well,that saving and converting dil to zen would take ages to for example buy one of those new ships.So the cap stays,to try to get you to use real cash instead.
Basically they are real money mad,and will try to get more money in anyway they can.
So much for F2P.
Empire Veteran
# 24
02-23-2013, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565 View Post
I saw it somewhere that cryptic are keeping the dilithium cap at 8000,because if it was risen or scrapped,they would lose money. They want more players to actually buy zen with real cash.They know very well,that saving and converting dil to zen would take ages to for example buy one of those new ships.So the cap stays,to try to get you to use real cash instead.
Basically they are real money mad,and will try to get more money in anyway they can.
So much for F2P.
Would the price rise that much? Dilithium itself, refined or unrefined still would have a value
Career Officer
# 25
02-23-2013, 02:52 PM
Quote:
Would the price rise that much? Dilithium itself, refined or unrefined still would have a value
Before the start of the Fleet Starbase & Personal Rep systems, Zen was always in the 200 - 300 Dilithium range. Today Zen has stayed in the 80 - 95 Dilithium range for an extended period. For those who are producing Dilithium, were seeing greater value for Dilithium then any previous period in the history of STO.

If unrefined Dilithium was used for Rep and Fleet projects, effectively removing the refining cap limits for them, we'd see the value of Dilithium drop below the previous lows, forcing a tremendous loss of value for Dilithium producers.
Captain
# 26
02-23-2013, 03:08 PM
Quote:
There is already an excess of dilithium in the game. Should the caps be removed there will be even more of it. Not just because of the amount, but also because the dilithium sinks would be finished astoundingly quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz200565
So much for F2P.
I haven't paid a dime to play. Are you sure you understand what "F2P" means?
# 27
02-23-2013, 03:20 PM
I can safely say that I have NEVER bought zen to trade for dil, Nor will I EVER buy zen to trade for dil. I only use it to unlock features, ships, more characters, stuff like that. and I'm positive that much of the player base does the same thing.
Rihannsu
# 28
02-23-2013, 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc10b View Post
You're right, it's not the first time it's been asked. The developers have said that not enough people make their daily cap at the moment to justify increasing the cap but they will consider it in the future.

Soon (tm) in other words.
I, too, have seen this response. It comes across as the political correct nice way of saying we want to keep it where it's at to drag things out as long as possible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Samir Bennal, Captain of the Onyxhammer
Rule of Acquisition #113: Always have sex with the boss.
I am one of the many victims from the hijacked Caspian Division.
I will not let the childish acts of a criminal ruin this game for me.
Captain
# 29
02-23-2013, 05:20 PM
8000 is such a weird number, we know it wasn't pulled out of the air as some random number to test with. There was a formulation of some kind that spit out a number somewhere close to 8k. We dont know what that formulation involved, but I am pretty sure that zen conversion was one of the factors. IE, you can buy a ship for 90k dil, means you grind 8k per day for 12 days running, or you give the CC number now. Just seems unlikely that they would suddenly remove the cap, there would be a lot of zen item sales and no revenue.
Commander
I currently have an excess of 68 BNP's and 107 mining claims.
It would be nice to use all these to get refined dilithium,but i can't due to this stupid silly rule of 8000 a day.
8000 a day is NOT enough. Devs do something about this problem now.
The current dilithium cap is unjust and its unfair.
Please either substantially raise it or scrap it altogether.
It is an inconvenient nuisance and holds up being able to complete projects.