Career Officer
Hey Devs!! Can we have the Andorian ships for use in the Foundry Missions! please please please. Plus, what a great way to advertise the new ships on the C-store if they make guest appearances on the Foundry missions.

Also, I'm desperate for ship animation options. Any word on when we'll get that feature back? I've got two ready to publish but they're pointless without the ship animations.

Thanks!!!! Foundry ROCKS!
Captain
# 2
02-21-2013, 09:27 PM
I'd love them in the Foundry as well; however, until they add them, you can still use a workaround. Four easy step:

1) Find somebody who owns the Andorian ship you want. If you have it yourself, save the costume and skip to 4.
2) Have them save the ship skin and upload it to an image hosting site.
3) Download the image and drag it into your STO screenshots folder. You may have to tweak the name a bit for it to be compatible.
4) Go into the Foundry, create a new space costume, and import the saved costume. Voila! Andorian ship as a costume.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-22-2013, 05:25 AM
Ah, i wondered where the exported files went. Is this also doable with ground character skins? Want to use a few folks from my fleet in my series but its been a pain in the backside to get them looking right by just using the sliders.
Play Star Trek: Allegiance - my first series in the Foundry
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
02-22-2013, 05:26 AM
same deal works, just remember if the costume parts dont exist in the foundry editor, they wont exist on the character
Rihannsu
# 5
02-22-2013, 06:21 AM
Yeah, for ground chars you'll often have to tweak the char to make it look right.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 6
02-22-2013, 03:03 PM
I think Cryptic and Foundry authors would both be well-served if they just made a point of having new ships and the like added to the Foundry as they are added to the game.
Career Officer
# 7
02-23-2013, 03:51 PM
Wow! Great tip! Thanks!! I'll try it soon.
Career Officer
# 8
02-23-2013, 08:49 PM
No luck. But a great idea. I got to the point of analyzing the data structures of those screenshot files. I think the new Andorian ship parts are just not in the Foundry yet. So hopefully soon. I have to echo ajstoner. I think it is in Cryptic's best interest to roll out new ships not only to the C-Store but to the Foundry too. So we can start promoting them in missions right away. I'll go ahead and put placeholder vessels into my mission right now where an Andorian assault squadron would save the day. Thanks all.
Captain
# 9
02-23-2013, 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stratiar View Post
No luck. But a great idea. I got to the point of analyzing the data structures of those screenshot files. I think the new Andorian ship parts are just not in the Foundry yet. So hopefully soon.
I've done it with the Steamrunner, the Recluse, the Ambassador, and even the Chimera. I don't think it needs specific parts hooked up to work. Not sure what the problem is.
"It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid."
-- Q
Captain
# 10
02-24-2013, 05:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psycoticvulcan View Post
I've done it with the Steamrunner, the Recluse, the Ambassador, and even the Chimera. I don't think it needs specific parts hooked up to work. Not sure what the problem is.
Do you have a link to the recluse?

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.