Lt. Commander
# 11
02-23-2013, 10:33 AM
I do not agree that these things are too hard to get. I got 11 BNPs two times in a row the last time I played. Sometimes you get just 1, sometimes you get 6, and sometimes you get 11. Let's not forget the 500 dilithium you get for turning in Omega Marks, and the 960 you get for simply completing the mission. I think it works just fine.
SGT Milton Monzon, SGT Alexander Fuller, SGT Michael Bartley, SGT Martin LaMar
Rest in Peace Brothers
Captain
# 12
02-23-2013, 10:35 AM
Up next: "I can't get any contraband with my KDF."
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Captain
# 13
02-23-2013, 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
Up next: "I can't get any contraband with my KDF."
Laughed out loud, glad I wasn't drinking anything
Commander
# 14
02-23-2013, 11:12 AM
This is not a troll thread. I am entitled to state my opinion.
For those that wish to change BNP's to dil,then good luck to you.
As for how many i have,the current count is 120,but unlike some players,i don't consider BNP's easy to get.
weighing up the odds,if its possible to get gear,then thats the best thing to do,compared to the 5 to 1 on dilithium itself. just an opinion as said.
Career Officer
# 15
02-23-2013, 11:41 AM
I think you get an average of 2-3 BNPs per Elite STF finished, so that seems pretty consistent with the old turn in elite prototype tech for dilithium before season 7.

The main difference is now you have to spend a lot of dilithium to get gear instead of waiting for it to drop.
Captain
# 16
02-23-2013, 12:17 PM
You have to spend Dil to get gear but you also get that big free chunk of Dil just for making Tier V. A lot of people seem to forget to work that into their calculations. It won't completely even things out, but it's certainly worth remembering.

I made Tier V, bought both of the Borg Space sets, a ground set, and have ~200 BNP's left over. The only reason I haven't turned them in yet is that I'm capping my 8K a day anyway so I don't feel any need to go into overkill with them.

I consider them a rainy day insurance policy, I suppose.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 17
02-23-2013, 11:48 PM
At first I also disapproved of the ratio, 1k dilithium just seemed so insignificant an amount. After a bit of exposure to this I began to see that it's a pretty fast way to get dilithium. There are of course much faster ways to get dilithium, but it's a nice little bonus. Particularly for me since I hit T3 of Omega rep and stopped due to my much stronger objection to 20 hour timers on what I consider to be trivial tasks. Ok, I did digress a bit there, but nonetheless, give it some time, after you've won the starfleet medal of whozits accolade you'll think 5 BNP is nothing.
I'll sell you some weapons from New Romulus. Never fired, only dropped once.
Career Officer
# 18
02-24-2013, 12:51 AM
Here's the thing: for ALL of the STF sets, what do you need? 150 of these? Which assumes you'd have a reason to want all of these sets.

There's no reason to have more than 2 space sets at most, assuming you want the adapted. I suppose you might want MACO gear for all of your BOs but you'll run out of uses for EDC after around 200. And you may well get more than 200 EDC just grinding out marks if you only do Elite.
Career Officer
# 19
02-24-2013, 12:52 AM
I will add, since BOs don't use active powers from set bonuses, the only reason to put them in Omega/MACO is cosmetic. BOs will generally perform better in Fleet Gear or Jem'Hadar ground sets.
Captain
# 20
02-24-2013, 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stoleviathan99 View Post
I will add, since BOs don't use active powers from set bonuses, the only reason to put them in Omega/MACO is cosmetic. BOs will generally perform better in Fleet Gear or Jem'Hadar ground sets.
Well you can put them all into Omega Sets for stacking up the Crit and Dodge bonus. But in general it's really just a giant waste of dilithium as long as there is no singleplayer endgame content.