Captain
# 11
02-24-2013, 03:47 AM
I say add "augmented" Klingons with smooth foreheads. Give them a space trait that's on par with leadership. Maybe a Klink version of Covert Operative with the bonuses to crit chance and damage.
Captain
# 12
02-24-2013, 04:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
For me, Human should be Fed-only. If you can find canon examples (even in-game ones, which isn't "real" canon*) of a Human in the KDF that isn't a DOff or a BOff, I'll maybe change my mind.

I definitely think we need more races to pick from, but Humans... not for me, sorry.
Riker was "temporarily" Captain of a Klingon Bird of Prey. Originally assigned as an Exchange Officer, and First Officer of the ship, he assumed the role of Captain, after it's original Captain was relieved for having plotted to destroy the Enterprise. A rather cowardly act, from a supposed ally, wouldn't you say?

Humans for KDF? Why not... We already have Klingons for FED.
Career Officer
# 13
02-24-2013, 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meurik View Post
Riker was "temporarily" Captain of a Klingon Bird of Prey. Originally assigned as an Exchange Officer, and First Officer of the ship, he assumed the role of Captain, after it's original Captain was relieved for having plotted to destroy the Enterprise. A rather cowardly act, from a supposed ally, wouldn't you say?

Humans for KDF? Why not... We already have Klingons for FED.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchange_officer

"An exchange officer is a commissioned officer in a country's armed forces who is temporarily attached to a unit of the armed forces of another country."

Riker was not part of the KDF.
He did not wear their uniform or insignia.

As opposed to Worf who was an actual Starfleet officer.

I'm also for augmented Klingons.
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-24-2013, 05:08 AM
I would sooner get augmented Klingons, especially as there is mention of them in the Fed story line already with B'vat and Miral Paris.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Career Officer
# 15
02-24-2013, 05:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dma1986 View Post
For me, Human should be Fed-only. If you can find canon examples (even in-game ones, which isn't "real" canon*) of a Human in the KDF that isn't a DOff or a BOff, I'll maybe change my mind.

Well you can't find canon examples of Orions, Nausicans or Gorn in the KDF either... Canon was out the window before launch...

I definitely think we need more races to pick from, but Humans... not for me, sorry.

Dont use it

You can't give a faction a captain race based on the fact DOffs are available of that species. If you could, we'd also have access to Bolian, Tellarite, Cardassian, Reman, Jem'Hadar, Tholian, and loads more.

The FED already have playable Klingon captains... It's in the C-Store... Go check if you don't belive me... They were introduced along with the Ferengi a week after launch.

Yet we don't have Gorn, Nausicans or Orions either...

STO wise, your argument is (sorry) invalid

*Such as the Ferengi standing around in the First City being justification for KDF-playable lobe-bearers.
Answers above in orange, spoken from a FED player.
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports
Career Officer
# 16
02-24-2013, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
We have TWO sources of background for STO:
Trek Canon and "The Path to 2409" (STO's own canon).
How the Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan etc ended up with the KDF is explained in the latter.
So is how the Klingons and Ferengi ended up with the Feds.
So there is an extended "canon" reason for how things are in STO.
There is none for humans so your argument "canon went out fo the window" is not valid in itself.
Lieutenant
# 17
02-24-2013, 06:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
The guy from the faction populated mostly by boring copypaste human male tac officers in Mass Effect armor makes a good point, there's no reason why the KDF shouldn't also become populated mostly by boring copypaste human male tac officers in Mass Effect armor aside from all the background lore reading that he didn't do.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-24-2013, 06:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaador View Post
The guy from the faction populated mostly by boring copypaste human male tac officers in Mass Effect armor makes a good point, there's no reason why the KDF shouldn't also become populated mostly by boring copypaste human male tac officers in Mass Effect armor aside from all the background lore reading that he didn't do.
This is so sad and true it's not even funny... If your ship name is "U.S.S. Normandy" or your character's name is "CommShep", "Commander John Shepard", or any variation there-of... Just stop playing... It's really, really sad... And embarassing...
Career Officer
# 19
02-24-2013, 06:43 AM
A compromise would be to have an independent playable faction. You could be anyone you wanted (including species) and basically have a line up of all new ships never before seen! After all, its a civilian faction so who knows what designs could exist. We could even pick our ship from some ship graveyard and build it up the way we want, thus allowing us access to certain types of klink and or fed ships. Kinda like the Maquis I suppose but without being restricted only to those type of ships.

The ships could be some of the most powerful in the game with one very important distinction... any klink or fed side ship could open fire on us in any part of of the STO universe map if they so chose! One, maybe even three would fail dismally providing you built your ship right but five or more ships could actually just take you out if they chose.... of course, you are allowed to fire back if your attacked.

Sometimes I just wish the game was more open to possibilities and the reality of space fairing adventures...
"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Captain
# 20
02-24-2013, 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Actually the Maquis hate the Federation NOT the Klingon Empire as the Klingons actually supported the Maquis and supplied them. The Maquis do not have beef with Klingons, quite opposite. They would more likely see them as allies against the Federation who they see as their true enemies.

So yeah, get it into your head not everyone likes the Federation Collective and there are Federation Separatists.
Not entirely true they distrusted the federation for not helping them against the cardassian threat which they saw before the federation did. In the books some of the marquis eventually joined back up with the federation after the dominion war. Most of the marquis wanted to take the law into there own hands pretty much like space age vigilanties