Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Captain
# 21
02-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crypticpoz View Post
We reorganized some of the URLs in Gateway, so as long as this problem does not persist I think it's expected.

Hmmm. We haven't seen that ourselves, but it sounds like the initial load of the Klingon assets (pictures and so on) is slow for you. Once they load up, it redraws correctly. We'll take a look at that; I wouldn't expect then to load slowly.
I just tried it myself - the same thing happened. It was only for a split second, but other than the length it was exactly as psiameese described.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-20-2013, 02:37 AM
Any fixes/workarounds for a "loading timeout" error with Windows7/IE9?

After entering my log-in info, it says it is loading for a bit, then gives a loading timeout error.
If I click the link on the page, nothing happens.
If I refresh the page like it suggests, I get an "Incorrect one-time code" message.
If I hit the back button, I can see the account guard page, but it is greyed out with the "Incorrect one-time code" message.

Clicking close on the incorrect code message kicks me back to the log-in rather then the account guard page. I tried turning off/down all the security options in IE I could find with no luck. I hope that once I get past this account guard thing the rest of the page will work but I have run out of ideas on how to do that.
Cryptic Studios Team
# 23
02-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by r5e4w3q2 View Post
Any fixes/workarounds for a "loading timeout" error with Windows7/IE9?

After entering my log-in info, it says it is loading for a bit, then gives a loading timeout error.
If I click the link on the page, nothing happens.
If I refresh the page like it suggests, I get an "Incorrect one-time code" message.
If I hit the back button, I can see the account guard page, but it is greyed out with the "Incorrect one-time code" message.

Clicking close on the incorrect code message kicks me back to the log-in rather then the account guard page. I tried turning off/down all the security options in IE I could find with no luck. I hope that once I get past this account guard thing the rest of the page will work but I have run out of ideas on how to do that.
We're looking into this problem. It's not browser specific as far as we can tell, it has something to do with how long it takes to get your character list back from the server. I would have expected a refresh to work (just click through the known-bug-it-shouldn't-be-there-one-time code dialog box), but we are investigating as that doesn't seem to be the case for you.
Commander
# 24
02-20-2013, 10:11 PM
This is a double post see below

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard

Last edited by afree100; 02-20-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Commander
# 25
02-20-2013, 10:12 PM
Quote:
We're looking into this problem. It's not browser specific as far as we can tell, it has something to do with how long it takes to get your character list back from the server. I would have expected a refresh to work (just click through the known-bug-it-shouldn't-be-there-one-time code dialog box), but we are investigating as that doesn't seem to be the case for you.
This is the same problem I am having, it is to do with the actual game servers like you said (IE9 F12 Developer Tools shows that (at least before the fix which seems to limit the amount of time to load because it was taking about 5mins (or at least a few minutes) to get all the data from the actual STO servers (then about a minute after I logged on it disconnected me))) but in google chrome (I use the portable version) it takes a few seconds to fully load so I think it is browser specific aswell.

Edit: Sorry Double post

Starfleet M.A.C.O. KDF Honour Guard
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-21-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, it does work on my back-up computer with Chrome/WinXP if it helps.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-23-2013, 06:03 AM
The First and Third ship powers are always swapped around, so that Ensign powers are third in the line.

KDF Offciers all have the Blue Sci Officers badge, even when they're Tactical or Engineering.

Using "Firefox Beta" Aurora 20.2a on Windows 7 64-bit.
Captain
# 28
02-23-2013, 03:23 PM
Using the default internet browser on my Samsung galaxy note 10.1 isn't as cool as it should be. It seems very sluggish and unresponsive. Additionally, I can't swipe through the BO lists - I have to press the arrows. The BOs also resize in odd ways when I turn the tablet to portrait mode, because it always has to have 4 displayed for some reason. In landscape, the BOportraits very nicely resize to squares, but in portrait mode their pictures become very long and skinny.

I don't know if you're even trying to make the gateway optimized for touch screens or tablets, but given that they were basically inspired by Star Trek and people with tabets who are also Star Trek fans are going to feel very much like they're living the shows in real life, it seems to me that touch screen and ablet optimization should be a priority.
Ensign
This is probably not the correct place to post this, but I can only 'reply'.

There seems to be a long standing issue with people not being able to get past the CRYPTIC loading page, the progress bar moves like 1/4 inch before just exiting and popping up the crypticerror reporter. All attempts to turn off firewallls, virus scanners, use admin rights, verify the download etc. are unsuccessful.

I've found that if one has STEAM installed, that steam installs libcef.dll in the steam/bin folder. llibcef.dll is the chromiumembeddedframework, which appears to be an optional component of STO.

if steam is not installed, CEF is not found, STO works.
if steam is installled, STO tries loading CEF, that fails, and the get the above symptoms.

simply copying the libcef from STEAM\BIN into the STAR TREK ONLINE\LIVE folder makes STO work, because now it can load it from its current directory (ie. where the game client resides).

live long and prosper
Commander
# 30
02-25-2013, 04:54 AM
Filtering Fleet logs resets after 2-3 seconds, so it's useless
Sorry for any mistakes, english isn't my primary language.

"Dear players we have for you new useless event and only-one-map-use-divices, and much more new "content", but we can't repair glitch in chat system which make mutes on private channels permament. So deal with it and give us your remaining money."