Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 424
# 21
02-24-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twam View Post
Versus the Armitage, MVAE, Kumari (Does that one count as 1 or 3 ships?) and Defiant retro.

Yeah.
I'd be likely to consider it one ship with multiple loadouts. It's similar to the Universal BOFF load outs that a lot of the KDF ships have, however, there is a very legitimate/fair point that the Kumari [and Odyssey + Vesta] don't quite fit into that mold because of moving a console around as well.

I can definitely see the case for considering it 3 ships, but I personally feel it to be 1 ship [that you buy 3 times! ].
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 672
# 22
02-24-2013, 06:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoney3448 View Post
Because its flashy and cool, or that some are incredibly useful when you know what your doing with them. The trick is working them into a build that also uses their strength. For example my andorian ship build uses beam overload, chain a bo with a wo and say goodnight cause you just took 100k+ energy dmg, followed up by 4 quatum torpedos and 2 DHC + 2 Turrets on rapid fire.

Andorian escort has low survivablity so its best to spike the crap out of a target, torpedos and beams mixed in also cover firing arcs outside of 45 degrees. Lots of people thought 5 DHC would be epic and while it looks like it would be it causes serious inflexability in your defense.

You against 5 DHC in side 45 degree arc = Yousea gonna die. You outside of 5 DHC firing arc = lol poor escort.
So you say, use jump-console to kill andorians ??
Bone1970 & Bone trader don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Fed Tac's. BNE Fed Sci.
Bag of Bones & Bone Ugly don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. Rom/Fed Tac. Bone & Bone2 don't believe in a no-win senario, Kirk's protege. KDF Eng's.
Warning: Not a native English-speaker, sorry if my English sucks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 220
# 23
02-24-2013, 07:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainrevo1 View Post
On a side note, I just noticed when the side cannons fire. there is a small animation. the centre cannon recoils while firing. I thought that was a neat touch
Very neat touch, I think. I look forward to the changes, and perhaps more to come.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,202
# 24
02-24-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zulisvel View Post
Bortasqu' Tactical Cruiser says "hi."
This isn't a ship, it's a joke.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 220
# 25
02-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcademaster View Post
I'll never understand why people have such a hard-on for special consoles.
Then you're lacking in knowledge of other people or devoid of imagination. Or is this you trying to prove how superior you think you are? It's about new and interesting abilities to play with.

Quote:
When I get a new C-Store ship they are always the first thing that goes.
Good for you.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,258
# 26
02-24-2013, 08:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sudoku7 View Post
I'd be likely to consider it one ship with multiple loadouts. It's similar to the Universal BOFF load outs that a lot of the KDF ships have, however, there is a very legitimate/fair point that the Kumari [and Odyssey + Vesta] don't quite fit into that mold because of moving a console around as well.

I can definitely see the case for considering it 3 ships, but I personally feel it to be 1 ship [that you buy 3 times! ].
The last time I checked only the KDF BOP had all universal Boff setups and it paid for them by giving up hull points and also loosing one Boff station.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,826
# 27
02-24-2013, 08:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diogene0 View Post
One ship a year for the anniversary - and it's always a cruiser - is a shame. Of course there are fleet ships but all of them are completely inferior to current c-store ships.

Just compare:
http://www.stowiki.org/Vesta_class
with http://www.stowiki.org/Varanus_Fleet_Support_Vessel

and it's one example among others.
Sci ship are not the strenght of the KDF. Klingon dislike scientists. So yeah, feds will always have better sci ship than KDF. Seems right.
However, KDF have better carriers.
Just compare :
Vo'quv
And MU Vo'quv
with Atrox
Don't forget to include the pets. Also, don't forget 1 of them is free, the other one cost some EC, while the third one need 2500zen.

KDF also have raiders ship, with full universal BOFF slot and battlecloak. I wish I could compare with something the feds have, but I can't, there are no feds raiders.

I agree the KDF have less ships. And they need more. And I agree the KDF need a kumari like ship somewhere in the future. But they still have some awesome ship the feds simply doesn't have. It's only fair to have awesome ship in the feds that KDF doesn't have, and I hope the vesta will always be fed only.
Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 322
# 28
02-24-2013, 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
The Andorian escort is squishy. Firepower is everything he have.
Squishy? What would Hegh'ta and B'rel Retrofit be then? 8k and 11k less hull and 0.1 smaller shield modifier. Paper small-bore?

I wonder how it compares to Gurumba lance because it too has long setup time, long activation, long cooldown and you can't even shoot for few seconds after using it. Not that it matters really. The only thing I miss from the KDF side is the uniqueness of Kar'Fi.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,826
# 29
02-24-2013, 09:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by calamintha View Post
Squishy? What would Hegh'ta and B'rel Retrofit be then? 8k and 11k less hull and 0.1 smaller shield modifier. Paper small-bore?

I wonder how it compares to Gurumba lance because it too has long setup time, long activation, long cooldown and you can't even shoot for few seconds after using it. Not that it matters really. The only thing I miss from the KDF side is the uniqueness of Kar'Fi.
Hegh'ta and B'rel are raiders. They are meant to be squishy. Both have battle cloack, and full universal BOFF. The battlecloack add more survability, while the BOFF can be used for some tanking skill.
The Kumari is the ship closest to a raider the fed have, but without universal BOFF and without cloack.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,020
# 30
02-24-2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Hegh'ta and B'rel are raiders. They are meant to be squishy. Both have battle cloack, and full universal BOFF. The battlecloack add more survability, while the BOFF can be used for some tanking skill.
The Kumari is the ship closest to a raider the fed have, but without universal BOFF and without cloack.
Actually, the Kumari's basically the best Raptor in the game (replacing the Pegh'u)-or would be, if it were KDF instead of Fed.

"Raider" classes pretty much require TURN RATE (which the Kumari is low-average for escorts in) and speed-where it is also raptor-average in.

a lot of Feds are already begging (and surprise! Geko responds!!) for a buff for a ship that, if it were on the Red side, would be insanely popular as-it-is, without the special consoles. Think about it-it's the third 5-tac-console ship fedside, and OUR only 5-tac ship is the expensive garbage-scow Bortascrew, a ship that can't make use of it's firepower under any but the most scripted conditions. (IOW, useless outside of FE's and ISE.)

It almost seems like you folks have no appreciation for what a great ride you got-probably from being spoiled by high-shield/hull tanky escorts and really good science ships-the Andorian 3-pack is well-crafted stat-wise, and remarkably well-balanced for a Bugship Killer design. I know, I know, you don't think it's well designed, but maybe if you spent time running KDF side in KDF ships, you'd come to the realization of just how GOOD the Andorian 3-pack really IS.

Not that I'd buy anything like it myself-I like Raiders/BoPs to the point that even Raptors just don't have enough turnrate or speed to keep me interested, and even the oft-whined-over KDF BC's are too slow (running from "Too slow" to "OMG GET OUT AN' PUSH!!!") for my tastes.

but it IS a good ship as it sits right now.

all three versions.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

Look into Vanilla PvP if you're tired of the endless pursuit of grind, utterly unbalanced selections of geardo-inspired traits, and generally unbalanced and careless 'development' made mostly to turn this game into a second job.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:34 AM.