Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,753
# 21
02-24-2013, 07:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Actually the Maquis hate the Federation NOT the Klingon Empire as the Klingons actually supported the Maquis and supplied them. The Maquis do not have beef with Klingons, quite opposite. They would more likely see them as allies against the Federation who they see as their true enemies.

So yeah, get it into your head not everyone likes the Federation Collective and there are Federation Separatists.
The Maquis were fighting the Cardassians, so yeah, I'd expect them to get help from anyone and everyone that would benefit from that. But, if they were put into STO the big enemy would be the Klingon Empire. Mostly because it would likely be the Klingon Empire that would be occupying Fed worlds. And while I agree that not everyone likes the federation and are right to feel that way, it was never a case of the Maquis hating the federation as an enemy. I suggest you watch some of DS9 or peruse Memory Alpha to get a bit more insight into the Maquis.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,664
# 22
02-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugspatteredjack View Post
any klink or fed side ship could open fire on us in any part of of the STO universe map if they so chose! One, maybe even three would fail dismally providing you built your ship right but five or more ships could actually just take you out if they chose.... of course, you are allowed to fire back if your attacked.
I would like to see this as normal gameplay if your in enemy space or disputed space you can fire on the opposite faction for a star trek game there isn't much emphasis on the kdf/fed war
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 243
# 23
02-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Sure make it a store unlock like the klingon on the fed side.Even of my humans fed side I only have two I think didnt care to much for the traits so most of mine both sides are just alien that looks human.

Would like to see TOS and or Augment Klingons think the Augments might be a bit of a strecth tho considering how the research involved never really took off.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7,239
# 24
02-24-2013, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
We have TWO sources of background for STO:
Trek Canon and "The Path to 2409" (STO's own canon).
How the Gorn, Orion, Nausicaan etc ended up with the KDF is explained in the latter.
So is how the Klingons and Ferengi ended up with the Feds.
So there is an extended "canon" reason for how things are in STO.
There is none for humans so your argument "canon went out fo the window" is not valid in itself.
Canon is by definition what is shown on screen... I could not care less what some money hungry Atari leech was after when he made up a story based on no Star Trek knowlege what so ever...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaador View Post
The guy from the faction populated mostly by boring copypaste human male tac officers in Mass Effect armor makes a good point, there's no reason why the KDF shouldn't also become populated mostly by boring copypaste human male tac officers in Mass Effect armor aside from all the background lore reading that he didn't do.
Not sure if trolling or...

EDIT: Actually... By now I am not even sure why I keep trying to support the KDF faction...

People like you just make it "not worth the efford"...
My name may say "PWE member", but I will never be.
-NEVER Forget the Screwups and ignorance made towards the people who supported the game through 2011
Don't look silly, don't call it "Zen-Store" - Don't waste devs time, Post proper bug-reports - I don't like Gekos

Last edited by anazonda; 02-24-2013 at 10:56 AM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 990
# 25
02-24-2013, 11:05 AM
Well humans could try join the KDF if they wanted, but cant imagine them getting far in the ranks

But following the c-store description of the Federation faction Klingon unlock, it states something like 'not all klingons follow the empire'.. using that logic, not all federation citizens would be loyal to the feds.. statistically speaking, there would be at least SOMEONE who would want to join the KDF, even if it is an angsty teen, like what was seen in the VOY episode where b'lana screws with the doctors perfect holo-family.

Personally i dislike the idea of klingons in the federation, and gather the only reason its there, is for people to have their 'worf' cosplay. (i mean at the time, worf was an oddity). Again, personally i would prefer if the factions were kept DIFFERENT, to keep the playstyles unique/different, but (sorry for sounding like a kdf scorned) if the federation players want something unique to the KDF slap a pricetag on it and let them run wild!, if the kdf want something, e.g. a player species with handy traits like on a human, then NEVERZ!


(edit) I have no idea where i picked up the hybrid idea, but hey maybe its worth considering (edit)
As for hybrids there's nothing to say that during the peace time of FED-KDF that there would be some human-klingon hybrids living on qunos and working for the Defence Force, but hybridism is something that doesn't exist in this game (yet )
[Combat (Self)] Your Bite deals 2378 (1475) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,206
# 26
02-24-2013, 11:13 AM
Didn't DS9 say that the Maquis were utterly decimated by the Dominion after Cardassia joined them? Well apart from the ones that intergrated with Voyagers crew for obvious reasons.

Plus rather than adding humans to the KDF to pander to someones need to RP a human in the KDF or whatever I personally would rather they actually show some attention to the existing KDF races who have been long ignored like the Letheans and the Nausicaans as well as fixing a lot of outstanding issues with the Klingons themselves.
toDuj 'oS rol.

Last edited by zipagat; 02-24-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Lieutenant
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 43
# 27
02-24-2013, 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Not sure if trolling or...

EDIT: Actually... By now I am not even sure why I keep trying to support the KDF faction...

People like you just make it "not worth the efford"...
If your attempts to "support the KDF" involve talking down to players of a faction you don't play with incorrect information because you've decided that the in-game canon, which is textually shown on screen, is not actually canon since it doesn't support an agenda that the players of the faction in question don't agree with, then we neither need nor want your "efford."
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
# 28
02-24-2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitzh View Post
Actually the Maquis hate the Federation NOT the Klingon Empire as the Klingons actually supported the Maquis and supplied them. The Maquis do not have beef with Klingons, quite opposite. They would more likely see them as allies against the Federation who they see as their true enemies.

So yeah, get it into your head not everyone likes the Federation Collective and there are Federation Separatists.
This. Thumbs up! Weren't some of the Maquis also seperatist Vulcans?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 4,163
# 29
02-24-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anazonda View Post
Canon is by definition what is shown on screen... I could not care less what some money hungry Atari leech was after when he made up a story based on no Star Trek knowlege what so ever...
The whole thing was written by Christine "Kestrel" Thompson...you know who is NOT a hungry ATARI leech...
Otherwise she'd probably no longer be working for Cryptic.

I respect you and like to read your opinion, whether we disagree or not.
But did you do your reseach on this one?
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 4,172
# 30
02-24-2013, 11:44 PM
The concept IS amusing-from a certain perspective-but if you want a human, you don't need to make the Devs waste time adding the race.

AS you roll your toon, select: "Alien" (because Humans are, by definition, utterly aliens by Klingon standards).

Select: "Creative", and three other traits commonly encountered with Human toons.

Build your toon accordingly, with "humanoid" head, "Humanoid" ears, "humanoid" eyes, skin tone, etc. etc. Be careful with your proportioning.

And...you're done.

A "Human" in the KDF.

No reason for lobbying, justifications, arguments about Canon, whatever. THAT bit , at least, is very sandbox.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."

A Festival of Blood and Fire!

Blaming PvP for nerfs is like blaming Eudromaeosauria for today's urban crime rates.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:10 AM.