Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 129
# 1 "Disconnected from Server"
02-23-2013, 08:25 PM
I keep getting disconnected, and I don't know why? It's been happening to me a lot.

Can anyone help?
Career Officer
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 18
# 2
02-23-2013, 08:50 PM
I have had 3 disconnects in the last week. All when I was beaming up to ship.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 129
# 3
02-24-2013, 07:54 AM
And I had about 5 or 6 yesterday while either completing a New Romulus mission or participating in a fleet action.

I've been getting them almost every time I play, maybe 2 or 3 times.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 7
# 4
02-24-2013, 08:03 AM
I havent had any trouble with disconnects i would say to check your connection first before posting here with a i need help post that dosent explain anything and knowone can help you with a post like that.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 129
# 5
02-24-2013, 12:36 PM
my connection is fine...The server status has a green dot beside it on the login screen
Lieutenant
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 41
# 6
02-25-2013, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dem613 View Post
my connection is fine...The server status has a green dot beside it on the login screen
He means your connection to the internet, and as such to the server. Here is a guide that Cryptic gave to diagnose problems.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

However, the response to check your connection is the general piss-off response given by those who the game is working for and Cryptic itself. While there are some cases of legitimate connection problems, many people, myself included, have been fighting this issue for a while. I get the "good" results from all of the tests to the server and still get disconnected nearly every map transfer. I have even changed computers and internet providers and still the issue occurs (though not specifically to play this game).

I also used to be able to alt-tab or play in separate windows, but any time I switch out of STO, boom, disconnected. I can now only play if I use the U.S. proxy in the options and then only if I don't try to do more than just have the game loaded. Not using the proxy and it will disconnect just sitting in sector space talking on chat.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
# 7 Heh, i know the feeling.
02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
lets see, clearing your DNS ( type comand in the seherach box) and then ipconfig /flushdns. *check.

Ping test, 54 ms ( a bit higher then normal)

3 min disconcets, a bit over the top.

Next step to to run on a proxy.

If that dont work, well there are other mmos I can throw my cash at.
Survivor of Remus
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 129
# 8
02-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejosephine View Post
He means your connection to the internet, and as such to the server. Here is a guide that Cryptic gave to diagnose problems.

http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=225155

However, the response to check your connection is the general piss-off response given by those who the game is working for and Cryptic itself. While there are some cases of legitimate connection problems, many people, myself included, have been fighting this issue for a while. I get the "good" results from all of the tests to the server and still get disconnected nearly every map transfer. I have even changed computers and internet providers and still the issue occurs (though not specifically to play this game).

I also used to be able to alt-tab or play in separate windows, but any time I switch out of STO, boom, disconnected. I can now only play if I use the U.S. proxy in the options and then only if I don't try to do more than just have the game loaded. Not using the proxy and it will disconnect just sitting in sector space talking on chat.
My internet is connected and works fine when I play the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brish01 View Post
lets see, clearing your DNS ( type comand in the seherach box) and then ipconfig /flushdns. *check.

Ping test, 54 ms ( a bit higher then normal)

3 min disconcets, a bit over the top.

Next step to to run on a proxy.

If that dont work, well there are other mmos I can throw my cash at.

Can any of you explain this in english?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 38
# 9 Heh.
02-26-2013, 11:06 AM
All my knowledge form networks has resulted form trying to fix mmo lag.

A dns flush sometimes fixes lag. (google it)

A ping test is what techs use to detemtine it the systomps or cuased by the ISP or the game itself. (agian google pingtest)

Running under a proxiy connect is not the best of choices, but that can fix lag form sto in most cases (it under the option in the luancher).

Again all of my teck knowledge has come form looking problems up on google, and learning how to correct them.

* Also being under the US proxy I havnt noticed as much lag as I was getting last night.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 1,365
# 10
02-26-2013, 12:54 PM
I disconnect every now and then if other people in my house are also online, but not enough times to hinder my playtime.

Today however I have been having serious problems. No lag to speak of, a little rubber banding but not much. Mostly it's just everything on my screen freezing in place, the 'server not responding' message comes up and then it kicks me out.

It's happened over a dozen times today in the space of a few hours total playtime. At least 5 times was in Ker'rat while trying to complete the daily. If others are experiencing this then there could be a problem.
Kurov - KDF Tactical
- - - - -
STB Channel Member
- - - - -
"Something everyone always forgets, all grind is optional"
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:49 AM.