Lieutenant
# 21
02-24-2013, 07:25 PM
I think the Gal-R got the layout mostly because way back then, the Sovereign had Lt Tac and En Tac, and the Star Cruiser (aka Shovel-head) had Lt Sci and En Sci. The only other layout out there would be an over the top Engineer build.

Really, a Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Eng, and En Eng wouldn't be bad if there were non-tanky powers at the Ensign level. Engineer powers are weak in regards to diversity. THATs the Galaxy's real problem.

Honestly, I don't think the Fleet Gal-R needs a LtCmdr Tac, that is an out with no end. Sovereign-R has Tac more covered than the Excel-R now. Sci is possible if it takes it further than the Support-R like the Sovereign-R.

SUGGESTED-------------------------SOVY-R
Cmdr Engineer----------------------Cmdr Engineer
LtCmdr Sci---------------------------LtCmdr Tac
Ensign Sci----------------------------Ensign Tac
Lt Eng--------------------------------Lt Eng
Lt Tac--------------------------------Lt Sci

This build would bring it more in line with the Captain Galaxy too TBH.

But I'm not sure I like that idea either. I want Cryptic to add more buffing powers that work on the team that perhaps not heal for once or add a wider array of powers in general to the Engineer skill set. That will make the Gal-R playable.

Last edited by dan6526; 02-24-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Spaces apparently don't stack...
Career Officer
# 22
02-24-2013, 11:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dan6526 View Post
I think the Gal-R got the layout mostly because way back then, the Sovereign had Lt Tac and En Tac, and the Star Cruiser (aka Shovel-head) had Lt Sci and En Sci. The only other layout out there would be an over the top Engineer build.

Really, a Cmdr Eng, LtCmdr Eng, and En Eng wouldn't be bad if there were non-tanky powers at the Ensign level. Engineer powers are weak in regards to diversity. THATs the Galaxy's real problem.

Honestly, I don't think the Fleet Gal-R needs a LtCmdr Tac, that is an out with no end. Sovereign-R has Tac more covered than the Excel-R now. Sci is possible if it takes it further than the Support-R like the Sovereign-R.

SUGGESTED-------------------------SOVY-R
Cmdr Engineer----------------------Cmdr Engineer
LtCmdr Sci---------------------------LtCmdr Tac
Ensign Sci----------------------------Ensign Tac
Lt Eng--------------------------------Lt Eng
Lt Tac--------------------------------Lt Sci

This build would bring it more in line with the Captain Galaxy too TBH.

But I'm not sure I like that idea either. I want Cryptic to add more buffing powers that work on the team that perhaps not heal for once or add a wider array of powers in general to the Engineer skill set. That will make the Gal-R playable.
IMO Galaxy-R should have universal lt.commander since Galaxy imo been shown in tv-shows to be very versatile ship but IMO Excelsior, Ambassador and Galaxy shouldn't even be on par with Sovy unless they would clearly been said to be "Completely new ships using exterior design of original ships" since they are old ships...hell, even Galaxy is 50 years old by STO. Same goes with Defiant and all older designs but devs have to put them in game because players demand the familiar ships.
Lieutenant
# 23 Yes to all Ideas
02-26-2013, 05:34 PM
I love all the ideas. Yes to all of them. Now if the devs would actually make it this would be amazing and would solve the Galaxy Class problem once and for all.
Lieutenant
# 24
03-25-2013, 10:45 PM
This should have been the layout of the Fleet galaxy class I guess.

Boff layout:
Cmd Eng
LT cmd Tac
LT Eng
LT sci
En Tac

Console layout:
4 eng
3 tac
3 sci

If we get a rank increase to general which I'm guess will be the last tier so tier 6 ships then they can really fix the galaxy class such as giving it 5 fore weapons and 5 aft weapons.

Boff layout:
Cmd Eng
Cmd Tac
LT cmd Eng
LT Tac
LT sci

console layout:
5 eng
4 tac
4 sci

and since some science and tac ships have hangers, give the galaxy 3 universal console slots for saucer sep, anti matter spread and some other console.

I know this is broken but I can really see this happening
Starfleet Veteran
# 25
03-26-2013, 05:06 PM
The only argument for the galaxy being even close to on par with the sovereign for damage is that the galaxy was modular. During the dominion war it ran duty as a carrier with most of the saucer cleared out of crew quarters for hanger space. Using the same approach it could possibly be geared out to be a very tactical heavy ship. But it would lose engineering and science abilities to do that.

Also... why do we have yet another thread on this topic?
The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg
Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFI...ature=youtu.be
Captain
# 26
03-26-2013, 05:11 PM
I still think this dontdrunkimshoots enhanced exploration cruiser retrofit 3 pack would be the best sollution for the Galaxy Class problem in STO.

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Starfleet Veteran
# 27
03-26-2013, 05:16 PM
Im not sure I agree with his console ideas but the boff layouts look solid
The ORIGINAL SERIES VETERANS www.Tosfleet.com
http://file3.guildlaunch.net/205090/DVhexishensig.jpg
Cruisers with mk x common in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q82PqoFFxjc
Cruisers with good gear in infected elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMnFljZD9m8
Soloing Infected Elite http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaEFI...ature=youtu.be
Captain
# 28
03-27-2013, 12:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vexashen View Post
Im not sure I agree with his console ideas but the boff layouts look solid
If comparable unpopular ships like the Vesta or the Andorian ship can be made this good by Cryptic, then i think a iconic and popular ship like the Galaxy Class NEEDS to be made better than it is now.

If the devs where fans of the Galaxy Class, they surely would add similar consoles to the ship.
But in my opinion the 3 ship pack is the bare minimum in order to make the Galaxy Class as it should be. Everything else would be just a hypocritical try to calm the fans.

Lt. Commander
# 29
03-27-2013, 03:44 AM
how about just taking the Fleet Nebulas boff layout and tweaking it like this

Lt Uni
Lt Tact
Lt cmd Sci
Cmd Eng
Ens Sci

So all you are doing is switching the Cmd Sci and Lt Cmd Eng stations around.

But giving it this console layout

4 Eng
3 Sci
3 Tact

Turn Rate increase to 7.

Sorted ship won't be overpowered but what it will allow you to do is to be alot more flexible in the builds which the Galaxy should be. Not a master of 1 trade but a jack of all
Captain
# 30
03-27-2013, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergirl1611 View Post
how about just taking the Fleet Nebulas boff layout and tweaking it like this

Lt Uni
Lt Tact
Lt cmd Sci
Cmd Eng
Ens Sci (i would make it an engineer)

So all you are doing is switching the Cmd Sci and Lt Cmd Eng stations around.

But giving it this console layout

4 Eng
3 Sci
3 Tact

Turn Rate increase to 7.

Sorted ship won't be overpowered but what it will allow you to do is to be alot more flexible in the builds which the Galaxy should be. Not a master of 1 trade but a jack of all
Looks much better than the BOFF&Console layout we have now.
I would change the Ensign Science into a Engineer in order to make the Galaxy a real Engineering counterpart to the Nebula.

Additionally i think it wouldn't hurt the Galaxy Class to get a unique ability for a Exploration Cruiser and as counterpart to the Nebula, i think it should get the Ability "Sensor Analysis" too.

Last edited by yreodred; 03-27-2013 at 11:58 AM.