Career Officer
# 5271
02-24-2013, 08:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
OOC: Don't worry I do plan on using them in a much bigger capacity. These guys are what Preston is afraid of.
Ooc: a psychopathic shedai bent on destroying everything basically and a super powerful and evil alian combined with him. Oh the possibilities.
Captain
# 5272
02-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Ooc: a psychopathic shedai bent on destroying everything basically and a super powerful and evil alian combined with him. Oh the possibilities.
OOC: True. Also could explain why they fell back and vanished.*
Career Officer
# 5273
02-24-2013, 10:25 PM
Quote:
OOC: True. Also could explain why they fell back and vanished.*
Ooc: which one. Lol.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5274
02-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Quote:
*Kela smirks*

Kela: I am seventeen old hag. I have this for you.. As I am sure you and James would like to see its contents.
Sam: Err... I'm 29.

*She drops the forcefield so Kela can slide it over to her.

Starbase 594. The Matthew Neilson and the Republic have rendezvoused with every Ship in the surrounding sectors (219 ships) in a last-ditch effort to stop the Borg-Synthesiser Ship before it reaches the base. Matt and Will are in the Shuttlebay addressing The ship's fighter squadron as their ships are being prepped below deck.*

Matt: Alright Gentlemen, we don't have much time so I'll keep it brief. We've lost contact with Deep Space 16, and can only assume they've also fallen to DeSalle's vessel.

This ship killed an entire colony of innocent people, so we doubt that 200 ships will be able to stop it, but she doesn't appear to have fighter craft, so that gives us an advantage.

Will: The Cylinder's secondary Antimatter Beam guns have an even higher firing rate than those on an Iconian Vessel, so we're not taking any chances when it comes to a bombing run.

Yes lieutenant?

Pilot: Sir, aren't this ship's shields almost impregnable?

Will: Almost. We haven't been able to do significant damage before the Borg adapted to our attacks, but the phased torpedoes got through.

Matt: Most of you will remember the F-30 Lightning-Class Scout Fighter. Since she's faster than the Raptor, Alpha Wing will be flying specially modified versions of these.

These fighters have been designated F-30A Ghost-Class Fighters. We've overhauled the impulse systems and added an extra impulse engine.

Pilot 2: Sir, you can't add that much to the space-frame without removing something.

Matt: Right you are. Because of the nature of this mission, we've removed the fighter's warp drives and warp core. You'll be powered by a Matter-Antimatter Module replacing the fusion cell.

Why remove both Warp Drives AND the core? Since you'll be the only 4 fighters of her type out there, we need to make sure you'll do a hell of a lot of damage. The Nacelles are being retrofitted to house trilithium warhead missiles.

Will: For that reason, your micro-torpedo launchers have been removed to alleviate power strain, however, the launcher is being replaced by a third phaser cannon.

Matt: Finally, the more veteran Lightning Pilots of you will notice that there's still a large gap from removing the Warp Core. This is because it's being filled by a Phase Generator.

The Republic Engineering Division has been working on scaling this technology up for fighters for years. It'll burn out after one use, and you'll only remain phased for 5 seconds.

Once you launch, you'll head straight for the Cylinder at full throttle. Get as close to the shield as you can before you activate the Phase Generator. The generator will allow you to phase through the ship's shields.

Your target will be the Vinculum. It's the heart of any Borg Vessel, and is what processes and organises the thoughts aboard a single Borg Cube. It's also what connects that vessel to the greater Borg Hive Mind.

Will: Theoretically, destroying the Vinculum will have the result of forcing a reboot of every drone on the ship.

Definitively, we know that without the Vinculum the Borg will be in chaos due to the unfiltered brainwaves of the Vessel's Collective Mind.

Matt: I should warn you; DeSalle kept the Collective in order for years without access to a fully functional Vinculum due to her more liberal attitude toward her Drones, but we have no way of knowing if that's changed.

Also, there's no guarantee that this will stop the ship. We know that the Synthesiser Leader is onboard, and there's no telling how many Synthesiser Drones are serving as crew for it. We may be wasting our time.

That's why you're being fitted with two missiles each. They're short range, so get close. Your secondary target will be the primary Antimatter Gun Array at the front of the ship. With the firepower you're being fitted with, it should turn the front of that ship into jelly.

Beta and Delta Wings will be providing support for Alpha in the Raptors. Your Raptors are being outfitted with Antimatter Scatter Pods, which should scatter the enemy's sensors for a few seconds while Alpha goes in. You're also being fitted with Quantum Micro-Torpedoes and Zero-Point Cannons.

Pilot: ZPCs on a Fighter?

Will: The tech boys in Delta Quadrant have been working on miniaturising the ZPC for use on fighters for years. These things pack a much greater punch than Phasers, but they'll also use more energy from your cannons' power reserve. You'll get a 10-shot volley, and will have to wait 3 seconds between volleys.

Matt: Beta will travel ahead of Alpha using their Antimatter Pods to scatter the enemy's short-range targeting systems until Alpha can penetrate the Shield Perimeter. Delta will be on stand-by near the Neilson in case DeSalle launches fighters or Beta suffers heavy losses.

Alpha, we only have these 4 ships, so if you lose a pilot we can't launch a reserve to take their place. Also, we can't rearm the Trilithium Missiles, so make those shots count.

Will: In other words: Don't miss.

Matt: Alright, one last thing.

This is an incredibly dangerous mission. There's a strong chance that anyone joining Alpha Wing won't come back. Beta and Delta will also be at extreme risk, so this is a voluntary mission. If anyone wants to back out, do so now. There won't be any consequences.

*The entire line of pilots step forward.*

Alright. Get ready for emergency launch as soon as 20 minutes. Dismissed.

*The pilots walk out of the shuttlebay. Will turns to Matt.*

Will: Wish I was going with 'em.

Matt: Tell me about it. Come on, we need to get up to the bridge.

*5 minutes later, Hangar. 4 "Ghosts" are being prepped for launch. 4 pilots walk over to the Supervising Technician.*

Pilot 1: How much longer, Chief?

Tech: You'll be good to go in 10 minutes--

*He looks at one of the techs mounting the ZPCs on one of the Raptors.*

WATCH THE ELECTRON FLOW!

*Sparks fly out, causing the tech to wet his pants and jump back, dropping the cannon on the deckplate. The Supervisor facepalms.*

Nevermind.

Delvanis, give Oriento a hand!

*He looks back to the pilots.*

Beta and Delta may be slightly longer than planned.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5275
02-25-2013, 01:15 PM
Sarah stands on the bridge of the Normandy. Looking at the sensor readout.

Jacob: the only thing that's changed is that they are closer. Did you raise our group.

Sarah: yes they have another harvest class vessel but won't reassign it to us. They don't think it is worth it.

Jacob: whose in command.

Sarah: S' tan.

Jacob: I know him. Let me contact him directly. If we could get a harvest class mobile command ship here it could give us the support we need.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5276
02-25-2013, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Sarah stands on the bridge of the Normandy. Looking at the sensor readout.

Jacob: the only thing that's changed is that they are closer. Did you raise our group.

Sarah: yes they have another harvest class vessel but won't reassign it to us. They don't think it is worth it.

Jacob: whose in command.

Sarah: S' tan.

Jacob: I know him. Let me contact him directly. If we could get a harvest class mobile command ship here it could give us the support we need.
*R.S.S. Matthew Neilson, Bridge.*

Ops: Sir, the Republic is hailing.

Matt: Onscreen.

*David appears on the viewscreen.*

David, what's the problem?

David: Lieutenant Saph just upgraded our long range scanner. We've located the enemy ship.

Matt: Good.

David: Not good. It's changed course. DeSalle's not messing around anymore. She's headed directly for Sector 001.

Matt: Oh hell...

David: Matt, it's course will take it through the Kazaran Cluster.

Matt: John?

John: The Kazaran Cluster isn't just a Spatial Anomaly Cluster. It's a Class 1 Navigational Hazard. A Minefield of Quantum Singularities so close together that even fighters and shuttles avoid the area.

But, I wouldn't put it past DeSalle and her Synth Allies to come up with a countermeasure.

The Kazaran Cluster is right along the thinnest area of the Frontlines. If it gets past the Cluster...

David: Then the door to Earth is wide open.

Matt, there's no way Preston's forces can stop that thing before it reaches Earth, and definitely no way to stop it once it reaches Earth.

Matt: Alright. Ops, call Supreme Commander Taragi and Admiral Ramez! We need to get every ship we've got to intercept that Cylinder before it reaches the Kazaran Cluster! Have the fleet prepare for a mass fold-jump to the Intercept Point.

We've only got one shot at this.

*20 minutes later.*

Activate the Holo-comm and put me on with Preston on K-7.

*Matt appears in front of Preston at K7.*

Sorry to interrupt gentlemen, but in the interests of humanitarian tendencies I thought I'd inform Preston that his Capital world is about to be scorched into a cinder.

Ramez: Captain, I've already left our frontlines thin to intercept that ship--

Matt: Admiral, with all due respect, even the Iconians and Shedai will be hard pressed to stop that thing. DeSalle has no qualms over violating every Interstellar Law devised if it means accomplishing her objective.

Even if we had 10,000 ships, I don't feel too comfortable about our chances. I have a plan to destroy the cylinder, but it only has a 40/60 chance of succeeding.
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5277
02-25-2013, 01:48 PM
*The Black Phantom shows off its speed and dives underneath the battle, coming up to the other side*

Voporak: James, I've got an H-bomb, a drop of red matter, and that very dangerous Mark I tricobalt device. Take your pick. Maybe I could mess around with time and pull a Terran fleet out here if you want for all the good that might do.
Career Officer
# 5278
02-25-2013, 01:59 PM
Sarah: Jacob look.

Jacob: oh no. Matt where we intercepting that thing. I have two ideas. One I know os sane the other not so sure. I'm going to transport to the last harvest class mobile command ship. Second I'm going to hail he shedai Tal. From what I understand he controls the republic forces if we can het him to help it could turn the tide.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5279
02-25-2013, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Sarah: Jacob look.

Jacob: oh no. Matt where we intercepting that thing. I have two ideas. One I know os sane the other not so sure. I'm going to transport to the last harvest class mobile command ship. Second I'm going to hail he shedai Tal. From what I understand he controls the republic forces if we can het him to help it could turn the tide.
Matt: We'll meet at these coordinates *Jacob recieves a set of coordinates 15LY from the Kazaran Cluster, between it and the Synthesiser-Borg Vessel.*

About your ideas, any chance you can do both?
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5280
02-25-2013, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
Matt: We'll meet at these coordinates *Jacob recieves a set of coordinates 15LY from the Kazaran Cluster, between it and the Synthesiser-Borg Vessel.*

About your ideas, any chance you can do both?
Jacob: I plan to I have the Alamo on its way. Tal says he will dispatxh a small fleet.