Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
Particularly which arrays I should run these days for normal Borg STFs.

You see, I took a hiatus from the game for a long while. Having just recently returned, I noticed a few things have change. My Assimilated Borg set is Mk XI now, for example. But my Mk X Antiproton Borg Beam arrays seem to be outdated. Now, that not to say that I don't hold my own (for the most part), but I'd like to do better.

So, here I am, asking for advice. Which beams does everyone prefer for Borg STFs? Should I start grabbing Mk XI or wait until I can get Mk XII's? (Fleet Arrays aren't an option for me yet...) Any advice on an upgrade would be appreciated.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,132
# 2
02-24-2013, 09:06 PM
Procs on everything except the AP weapons got a buff last Season, though Phaser got a nerf shortly after with a 10 sec proc immunity on the enemy after it procs. So, lots of stuff is viable now, and that's why you see more colors than red nowadays. Plus, there are different sets that buff specific damage types, such as Jem'Hadar space set buffing Polaron, or the Romulan weapon/console set buffing Plasma. Mk XII stuff, except AP, is pretty easy to get off the exchange, so might as well grab Mk XII.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
# 3
02-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Ah, thank you. In that case, I think I'll just have a long hard look and see what I like.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 961
# 4
02-24-2013, 09:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillard1959 View Post
Particularly which arrays I should run these days for normal Borg STFs.

You see, I took a hiatus from the game for a long while. Having just recently returned, I noticed a few things have change. My Assimilated Borg set is Mk XI now, for example. But my Mk X Antiproton Borg Beam arrays seem to be outdated. Now, that not to say that I don't hold my own (for the most part), but I'd like to do better.

So, here I am, asking for advice. Which beams does everyone prefer for Borg STFs? Should I start grabbing Mk XI or wait until I can get Mk XII's? (Fleet Arrays aren't an option for me yet...) Any advice on an upgrade would be appreciated.
As tom61sto said, pretty much everything got a nice buff over the last season, and is generally quite viable unless you're a number-parsing maniac who has to squeeze every last point out of his DPS.

Still, some are better than others for STFs specifically. Given the way those work, Disruptors and Antiprotons still lead in preference, because the special procs of Phasers, Polarons and Tetryons are only barely effective on Borg ships.

The Romulan rep set has given Plasma a new lease on life as well. Tetryons are generally the least favored for STFs.

As for your [Borg] weapons, they're still effective. If you're lacking for cash you can opt not to swap them out, but compared to the newer stuff it's best to regard them as a Blue weapon in terms of overall quality.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
# 5
02-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
As tom61sto said, pretty much everything got a nice buff over the last season, and is generally quite viable unless you're a number-parsing maniac who has to squeeze every last point out of his DPS.

Still, some are better than others for STFs specifically. Given the way those work, Disruptors and Antiprotons still lead in preference, because the special procs of Phasers, Polarons and Tetryons are only barely effective on Borg ships.

The Romulan rep set has given Plasma a new lease on life as well. Tetryons are generally the least favored for STFs.

As for your [Borg] weapons, they're still effective. If you're lacking for cash you can opt not to swap them out, but compared to the newer stuff it's best to regard them as a Blue weapon in terms of overall quality.
Thank you. Does the Romulan Plasma Arrays benefit from the Assimilated Set? Or should I start looking toward getting the Romulan Engines, Deflector, Etc.?
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 554
# 6
02-24-2013, 09:50 PM
While they may appear to be a tempting combination, I would advise caution against using the Phased Tetryon beams.

Despite being a tetryon weapon, Cryptic has seen fit to stealth-nerf the tetryon proc. On a tetryon weapon.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 752
# 7
02-24-2013, 10:12 PM
I know you asked about Beam Arrays but also look at the space sets to enhance overall weapons. I use the Adapted MACO space set (Its the Fed version of the Klingon Honor Guard space set).

This is for several reason:
1) I switch between the Temporal Warfare Set and Romulan Plasma set depending on my mood and if I switch between escorts and science ships
2) The Borg Omega set when combined with Romulan plasma weapons benefits from the 25% torp damage on the 2 pc Adapted MACO set and it also boost Chroniton torp damage.
3) Hot engine restart with alive crew resistance
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
# 8
02-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I went ahead and grabbed some Mk XI Plasma arrays off of the Exchange. These should do nicely until I can finally unlock the Mk XII Romulan arrays from the rep store.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 9
02-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillard1959 View Post
Thanks for the advice, everyone. I went ahead and grabbed some Mk XI Plasma arrays off of the Exchange. These should do nicely until I can finally unlock the Mk XII Romulan arrays from the rep store.
Just a word of warning: those BAs are 28k dil each.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 18
# 10
02-24-2013, 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Just a word of warning: those BAs are 28k dil each.
Really? I expected them to be more expensive. Well, gives me something to grind for, and now I wont be mixing beam types if I slot one in after getting it.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:22 PM.