Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
When I use the Omega Force Antiproton Autocarbine's secondary ability: Full Auto Sweep, sometimes it refreshes instantly bypassing its CD (6sec I believe). I can't figure out what triggers this instant refresh. Is it when you hit 3 targets, or if you expose any target with that ability, or if you hit an exposed target(s) with that ability, or if you crit a target using that ability... anyone know for sure?

The Lunge ability works similarly. But in that ability's case to refresh instantly you have to use it on an exposed target, otherwise its CD kicks in.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,587
# 2
02-24-2013, 11:02 PM
Are you sure someone or yourself hasn't hit Tactical Initiative? That might in fact be why possibly.

Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,192
# 3
02-25-2013, 01:09 AM
Seems like tactical initiative was active.
It's new? NERF IT TILL IT BLEEDS

PWE proudly presents STO:Season 9.x: The Big Nerf.
Dil-sinks, EC-Value-Nerf and player satisfaction Nerf (a.k.a. Crafting Revamp), join the most epic grind ever avaiable in STO...
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 961
# 4
02-25-2013, 06:05 AM
While we're on the topic of the Omega Force weapon, has anyone else noticed that it doesn't appear on your character's back when holstered? On mine it just disappeared like before the feature was added.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,413
# 5
02-25-2013, 06:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Are you sure someone or yourself hasn't hit Tactical Initiative? That might in fact be why possibly.
i thought Tactical Initiative only affected power CD, not weapon CD?
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,415
# 6
02-25-2013, 07:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
While we're on the topic of the Omega Force weapon, has anyone else noticed that it doesn't appear on your character's back when holstered? On mine it just disappeared like before the feature was added.
The weapon was designed to be compacted and has the melee animations of a pistol. Would be nice if Cryptic showed it folded up and holstered on the hip or something.
@HyperLimited
Join Date: Oct 2009 - My Youtube Stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinn74 View Post
Maybe if the expansion was as great as they claim, people wouldn't be anywhere near Japori. Just sayin'.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,840
# 7
02-25-2013, 08:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
The weapon was designed to be compacted and has the melee animations of a pistol. Would be nice if Cryptic showed it folded up and holstered on the hip or something.
so... it works like all the weapons of mass effect, they just dont show the holstering/unholstering animations. or the weapon holstered.... pity. I liked sometimes just holstering unholstering my different mass effect weapons just to see how each one was different.
Joined Sept 09.

Curse you Archived Post.... you stole all my Ideas.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,587
# 8
02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
i thought Tactical Initiative only affected power CD, not weapon CD?
On the ground, it affects pretty much everything under the sun. Like I can fire a secondary shot on a pulsewave several times in quick succession while TI is running.

Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,413
# 9
02-25-2013, 09:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
On the ground, it affects pretty much everything under the sun. Like I can fire a secondary shot on a pulsewave several times in quick succession while TI is running.
yeesh...as if the cryo launcher+ambush+stealth module combo wasn't powerful enough already; with TI, anything that somehow manages to survive the initial arcwave blast will just get taken down by the second one
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwecaptainsmirk View Post
*reassuringly strokes your hair*
Hush now, you will be back kicking Neelix and killing those nasty Vaadwaur soon enough... hush child.
*pat pat on your head*
epic smirk is epic
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
# 10
02-25-2013, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Are you sure someone or yourself hasn't hit Tactical Initiative? That might in fact be why possibly.
Nope. I keep forgetting to use Tactical Initiative. And this is just from doing reruns. In stfs I was the only tac while the rest were engi or sci. So ya still can't figure out what triggers its instant refresh. And Tactical Initiative lowers the CD by a percentage, not eliminates it all together (e.g. not a 100% CD reduction), lol.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:47 PM.