Empire Veteran
# 11
02-25-2013, 04:15 AM
All the faction needs is a tutorial and a purpose.
When we get a new fe series that will be good enough to fill up the levels.
The purpose could be a rewriting / touch up if the "path to...".
The only hard resource work will be the tutorial.

The only issue that will remain is the lack of customization. That is something that cryptic can monetize but would rather make Andorran flying caskets.
Lieutenant
# 12
02-25-2013, 05:19 AM
Of course, looking back, none of the Star Trek movies/TV shows, were about Romulans, or Klingons, either.
Captain
# 13
02-25-2013, 07:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryprankster2 View Post
Of course, looking back, none of the Star Trek movies/TV shows, were about Romulans, or Klingons, either.
There's quite a few episodes about klingons.
Career Officer
# 14
02-25-2013, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by merryprankster2 View Post
This isn't a TV show, this is a computer game.
And if you look at the histoy of Star Trek computer games, you'll find several that didn't even struggle when it came to providing a well-rounded pool of ships or storytelling beyond the Federation.
In fact there are even some that don't actually focus on the Federation at all.
And most of those were restricted in terms of the canon material they were allowed to use.
"Klingon Academy" was restricted to the Original Series and the first 6 movies.
"Star Trek: Klingon" was entirly restricted to the TNG and DS9 material for legal reasons.
Yet they provided compelling and immersive story.
They were also restricted to either space (Klingon Academy) or ground (Klingon Honor Guard), this game can easily do both.
So that the shows or movies were mostly about the Federation is nothing more than an incredibly lame and transparent excuse when it comes to this game.

Last edited by misterde3; 02-25-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
# 15
02-25-2013, 08:58 AM
All KDF players agree that we should have more genuine content, costume options and the ability to create a KDF char. right off the start of the game. It is a constant.

But, I say, let the Romulans come. My Bortasqu' has been acking to blow up Romulan Warbirds for quite some time.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 16
02-25-2013, 09:34 AM
Its been depressing going on three years now.
Pay no attention to the members of the Human Only club.

We KDF fans have been diligent and we need to continue to be so regardless if the spoiled majority doesnt want to share the game designed to represent all of Star Trek, not just the federation.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Empire Veteran
# 17
02-25-2013, 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Its been depressing going on three years now.
Pay no attention to the members of the Human Only club.
Not to be rude, Roach, but the words that the honorable Azetbur said were, 'Homo-sapiens only club'.

Anyways, one major thing I feel is that a good majority of these KDF-hating Feds seem to not get, is that the KDF is for some reason wanting 'special treatment' or whatever, and take ALL of Cryptic's attention away from the Fed side.

Not true in the slightest. KDF doesn't want special treatment, it wants EQUAL treatment. Or at least a lot closer to equal than we have now. We just want KDF-centric missions of our own, rough KDF-equivalents to some of the newer Fed ships, and other such things.

Once the KDF is treated equally to the Fed side, to me that is what I will consider the faction to be finished, whether or not there is 1-20 (I don't consider that a major issue, and fully expect the Romulan faction to have that happen as well).

Equality is the real thing we want more than anything else, once that is given, and stays given, then most of these complaints will vanish very quickly.

Career Officer
# 18
02-25-2013, 10:18 AM
Blehhh, quoted the wrong person.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 19
02-25-2013, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
All KDF players agree that we should have more genuine content, costume options and the ability to create a KDF char. right off the start of the game. It is a constant.

But, I say, let the Romulans come. My Bortasqu' has been acking to blow up Romulan Warbirds for quite some time.
Those Warbirds might actually not fly circles around you while laughing.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Career Officer
# 20
02-25-2013, 10:34 AM
I know about 25% of our Fleet's most active membership will jump faction when/if a Romulan faction is released. This saddens me as well, and I've been barking mad about the possibility of a 3rd faction since the first poll about it, with the same warning the OP mentions: The KDF faction cannot afford the attrition we would have from the draw of a Rom Faction, the Feds can.

I stand by my original take on it: Rekindle the ToS Klingon/Romulan alliance. Separate factions, separate missions, separate groups, but shared queues, and sharing the Federation as an opponent. Allow for mixed Fleets, and mixed missions after some level (10 or so would be my suggestion for the end of a unique mission line).

There are people who swear up and down the Klingons and Romulans would never side with each other, but frankly, its happened before (the Klingons got their access to cloaking from this former Alliance, did they not?) and under the current circumstances with a rift in the Romulan Empire, and Sela under the influence of the Iconians and Undine infiltration of the Romulan government and military (as evidenced by the Fed mission where you unknowingly insert one into the Romulan military), the New Romulus groups *should* be the beginnings of a new Redside faction.

Adding a "Purple" faction to the current mix will simply erode us unnecessarily.

That and I'm not looking forward to being forced to create a sister Fleet named "Birdbath and Beyond"

Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.