Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
# 1581
02-25-2013, 05:52 AM
Ok, I don't fully get the 10% thing, if that mean what i think it means, (getting cubes down to 10% then ditching it to fight off the next one) then that is a good way to lose the optional...Been there done that, lost.

One major dps guy on Kang, two guys working on the cubes (LOWER Nanites first) and the others getting the guys on the cubes backs (science would be good for this)

Engineer's are good for getting the cubes because they can sit and tank it out a lil easier, me being an engineer I fly to the nearest cube (right) as to not waste time flying to the far left when the cube is gone on the way to the next cube we fire at whatever assimilated ships that are nearest to us, once we get to the middle we rinse and repeat....I have been on many good teams that followed this method and we got the optional with a couple min to spare if not more...All it takes is teamwork and communication.

when fighting the queen, after we kill off the cubes and spheres in the first part, all we have to do is STAY ALIVE, if you feel your going weak, RUN FOR COVER AND HEAL, then come back and fight, If you are in a carrier, find a good spot away from the Borg logs lances and energy balls and run support, let your fighters fight for you that is what they are there for, the ship weapons can focus on killing off energy balls and anything that may threaten your survival.

Oh and pick one type of weapon and use the appropriate consoles to buff it, (no rainbows)
My Breen ship uses only disruptor cannons so I use stacked disruptor consoles to buff them and my turrets.


So far my worst ones have all been due to lack of communication, or blatant ignorance...and of course a few AFK's just sitting there waiting for the reward

(when in doubt ask) and or follow somebody that knows exactly what they are doing and do as they to.


Ok the last one that I got rather upset over was the mirror event while I was leveling a new avatar, guys that go and pop the Stadi as soon as it shows up, leaving the rest of us only a few seconds to kill off an entire fleet, I'm pretty sure doing it that way makes it so we do not get the purple prize at the end. even after i said several times DON'T POP THE STADI!!!! They do it anyways....
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,381
# 1582
02-25-2013, 07:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
Ok, I don't fully get the 10% thing, if that mean what i think it means, (getting cubes down to 10% then ditching it to fight off the next one)
No. You haven't even mentioned the right STF.

10% is for ISE. Get the generators on one side to 10%, destroy them simultaneously, then ignore everything and obliterate the transformer before the nanites arrive to heal it. Repeat on the other side.

Kang is in CSE. The general tactic for that is MRRMLL, which means you kill the middle probes, right probes, right cube, middle probes, left probes, then left cube. That is the most reliable way to do it, though if you're in a good enough team with high DPS you can just go RML.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,260
# 1583
02-25-2013, 08:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake81499 View Post
All week long....

Rainbow/Technicolor beams and Skittle cannons, all of whom think they absolutely must camp at the Kang, none of whom have the DPS needed to protect the Kang.

That's how my CSNs have been going.

And no better with the ISNs...

Rainbow/Technicolor beams and Skittle cannons, none of which understand that the NANITE Spheres and Probes are more important to kill than regular Spheres AND none of whom have the DPS to even kill a NANITE Probe.

Arrrgggg....
You get ALOT better teams on Elite Space/Ground STFs. Most noobs go to Normal STFs, about 30% of these noobs listen, 70% don't listen and just fire at everything that comes up, many of these noobs don't understand English. But those that do are....yikes.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,055
# 1584
02-25-2013, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
though if you're in a good enough team with high DPS you can just go RML.
I remember someone saying here, that rml is for those players, who are on the elitestf channels, because they are so good, or something like that. it still brings tears to my eyes, so funny ^^
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 158
# 1585
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
I had one of those Oddy captains saying "leave the cube at 10% and then go to the center" just an hour or so ago. Made my day in a low-mid DPS team. I was in my alt so it really was a lot of hassle. Eventually what we did was RML with a lot of work on my behalf stopping raptors. Thank you my little sci-scort!!!
I've seen the same for the gates at KASE - put one at 10% and then blow them at the same time. It actually makes sense, but most of the time I'm a probe guard, but once my gate is gone, I can go to the other side and drop a good 30-40% of the gate's health in a matter of seconds (so in the end, the job is done faster).
There should be a big sign somewhere "THE 10% RULE APPLIES ONLY FOR ISE" you (peep) (peep....peep).

Last edited by satanailofhwbg; 02-25-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,381
# 1586
02-25-2013, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferdzso0 View Post
I remember someone saying here, that rml is for those players, who are on the elitestf channels, because they are so good, or something like that. it still brings tears to my eyes, so funny ^^
In my experience, the channels used to be good, but now it's full of people who go there because they heard it was full of good people, so now it's only slightly better than PUGs.

The group I did RML with was was recruited from several different channels. We started off with ISE without expecting undue competence, and it turns out we obliterated everything. So then we decided to stay in the team for KSE and CSE. Somebody suggested we had the DPS for RML, we went "Sure, why not?", and wiped out the Borg there too. My best time in CSE ever, we had over 9 min left on the optional.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 290
# 1587
02-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Just got done with the kang, we did right to left VERY quickly we had about 6 min left on the clock when we were done, and that was with killing off all the cloaked ships at the same time as the nanite things...A Klingon would have described it as a glorious victory....they will sing songs about that battle.

Last edited by crownvic2door; 02-25-2013 at 12:09 PM. Reason: typo...playing at the same time.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,100
# 1588
02-25-2013, 12:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownvic2door View Post
Just got done with the kang, we did right to left VERY quickly we had about 6 min left on the clock when we were done, and that was with killing off all the cloaked ships at the same time as the nanite things...A Klingon would have described it as a glorious victory....they will sing songs about that battle.
if that was your worst experience, i want to hear about your best
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,553
# 1589
02-25-2013, 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
In my experience, the channels used to be good, but now it's full of people who go there because they heard it was full of good people, so now it's only slightly better than PUGs.
Yeeeah. The sad part is that the Vets in the channel try to help the newbies, but they don't really listen. Of they call US wrong and say that it should be done a different way... that is somewhat... ineffective?

However EliteSTF is still one of the few controlled channels left. You can only get in by invite from the admins, and last I checked, they do screen pretty well.

But enough of that, time for a horror story.

Last night I went against my usual recommendation to all to NOT PUG, and decided to not only pug, but pug a CSE.

So we get started. 2 Odysseys (one freebie, one Ops, both sci captains), a Vesta (the tactical one with another sci captain), a Chel'Gret (me on my engi), and a Jemmie Dreadought (tac captain). Our #5 never joined the match. After a 10 second exchange we agree to do MRRMLL. So I go swooping off to mid and schelack the first BoPs that spawn. They go down in 2 salvos and I get started on the nanites. I look behind, and I see the two Odysseys attacking the right cubes nanites. I sigh to myself and keep on going. It was then that I noticed that there were 3 BoPs on the kang. And nothing else. Thankfully the Dreadnought also noticed and sent it's elite scorpions after them while hauling it's fat rear back to the Kang. It slaughters them and proceeds to do Kang duty for the rest of the match, despite offers from myself to switch.

I destroy the nanites at mid, kill the Neggy and Raptor, and then head over to right, where the two Odysseys are still plugging away. The good news: they hadn't spawned the Neggy and Raptor. The bad news: after 3 minutes they had only killed two of the bottom nanites. Course they were sitting 8k out bombarding (at least they were using single energy types, no rainbows here). But watching their numbers fly by, all I could figure was that they didn't have all power to weapons. Oh wells. I toast the remaining hull off the last bottom nanite, check on the dread in mid (who is doing fine), and then start on the second row. The Odysseys "help" and we spawn the first Neggy. I get hit by an Iso right off the bat, and it bounces to the first oddy (who barely survives), and kills the second one. We destroy the Neggy, but then the raptor finishes off the other Odyssey and and we start duking it out. At some point, the other Odyssey gets back, but he just starts blasting nanites, which is fine by me, I have other things to worry about. I shoot down the raptor, heal up, and check on the dread again (still fine), and then I blow the last nanite.

At this point, the other Oddy has rejoined the living, and decides to go solo the mid cube. Kudos to him. Myself and the freebie Oddy start to kill the right cube. We down it in just under a minute, and I rush off to mid to start on the raptors. To my utter surprise, the Cube in mid is actually at 75%. Considering how low the damage output from the Oddy had been on the nanites, I wasn't expecting it. Anyways, I start on the raptors, and with some help from one of the dread's elite scorp wings, down the 3 raptors. I check on the dread, who is still fine, and then we blow the mid cube.

Things on left start up. 3 Neggys spawn, and myself and the dread get started on them while the Odysseys start killing the nanites. However it seems that the other Odyssey has figured out how to increase his damage output, because the nanites drop pretty quickly. As in two of them were down by the time the dread and I finished off the neggys. We kill the last one, and start on the upper set. Neggy spawns, and we smash it (ty dread for FOMM3 XD). One of the Odysseys grabs aggro from the raptor, and the other from the Cube. The dread and I finish off the nanites unmolested, and then demolish the cube.

The dread says he'll get the kang, and I kill the raptor on the Odyssey (again to my surprise, the raptor was already almost dead... guess the Oddy found it's teeth). We get the optional with 2 minutes to spare. Then the Carrier shows up. Dread and I start blasting it, while the Odysseys poke away at it. However life gets fun when the BoPs spawn. They start on the Odysseys, and just exterminate them. It was... saddening... So I exact revenge and shoot them down. At this point, the Dread has it's FOMM back, and we just burn the carrier down.

17 minutes and 38 seconds was the mission time. Not bad for a 4 man. The real head-ache started once the carrier went down. Up until now, the Oddys hadn't said a word. And THEN they started talking. They commented that yup, their new builds worked well, thanks for the game. I had no words for that... and after a quick GG to the dread, I left.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Tired of Wasting EC and Time trying to get Superior Romulan Operative BOffs? Here's a cheap and easy way to get them, with an almost 100% chance of success.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,381
# 1590
02-25-2013, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
They commented that yup, their new builds worked well, thanks for the game.

We need a Picard facepalm emoticon added to our repertoire, I think.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:59 AM.