Survivor of Romulus
# 21
02-25-2013, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by qjunior View Post
Those Warbirds might actually not fly circles around you while laughing.
Honestly, the D'Deridex if they make one should have turn rate of 4. If they want to make it a bit more playable they'll have to give it a 6, but then bump the turn rate of all other ships in game by +2. Nowhere in hell should that thing have the same or better manuverability as a Galaxy for example.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Captain
# 22
02-25-2013, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpoks View Post
Honestly, the D'Deridex if they make one should have turn rate of 4.
As a lockbox ship the D'Deridex is going to be a heavily armed cruiser with a turn rate of 12, 5 fore weapons, 3 aft, Sensor Analysis, and a battle cloak. Oh and 10 consoles.

Why? Cause ... lockbox!
Empire Veteran
# 23
02-25-2013, 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimey2 View Post
Not to be rude, Roach, but the words that the honorable Azetbur said were, 'Homo-sapiens only club'.

Anyways, one major thing I feel is that a good majority of these KDF-hating Feds seem to not get, is that the KDF is for some reason wanting 'special treatment' or whatever, and take ALL of Cryptic's attention away from the Fed side.

Not true in the slightest. KDF doesn't want special treatment, it wants EQUAL treatment. Or at least a lot closer to equal than we have now. We just want KDF-centric missions of our own, rough KDF-equivalents to some of the newer Fed ships, and other such things.

Once the KDF is treated equally to the Fed side, to me that is what I will consider the faction to be finished, whether or not there is 1-20 (I don't consider that a major issue, and fully expect the Romulan faction to have that happen as well).

Equality is the real thing we want more than anything else, once that is given, and stays given, then most of these complaints will vanish very quickly.
From your text to the Developers eyes. You speak truth.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Survivor of Romulus
# 24
02-25-2013, 11:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
As a lockbox ship the D'Deridex is going to be a heavily armed cruiser with a turn rate of 12, 5 fore weapons, 3 aft, Sensor Analysis, and a battle cloak. Oh and 10 consoles.

Why? Cause ... lockbox!
The D'deridex won't be a lockbox ship. I'm not saying it would be free, but it won't be a lockbox one. The devs. said it over and over again multiple times that they're holding the Romulan ships for a Romulan faction, whenever it comes.
They are aware that a Romulan faction can bring much more revenue that a lockbox release. If this was not the case, we'd already have the Romulan lockbox by now as I suspect it would be the most sought after lockbox that would bring much more cash than any other lockbox they release.
Show your support for the Revamped Galaxy Class Exploration Cruiser here!
Empire Veteran
# 25
02-25-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
I know about 25% of our Fleet's most active membership will jump faction when/if a Romulan faction is released. This saddens me as well, and I've been barking mad about the possibility of a 3rd faction since the first poll about it, with the same warning the OP mentions: The KDF faction cannot afford the attrition we would have from the draw of a Rom Faction, the Feds can.

I stand by my original take on it: Rekindle the ToS Klingon/Romulan alliance. Separate factions, separate missions, separate groups, but shared queues, and sharing the Federation as an opponent. Allow for mixed Fleets, and mixed missions after some level (10 or so would be my suggestion for the end of a unique mission line).

There are people who swear up and down the Klingons and Romulans would never side with each other, but frankly, its happened before (the Klingons got their access to cloaking from this former Alliance, did they not?) and under the current circumstances with a rift in the Romulan Empire, and Sela under the influence of the Iconians and Undine infiltration of the Romulan government and military (as evidenced by the Fed mission where you unknowingly insert one into the Romulan military), the New Romulus groups *should* be the beginnings of a new Redside faction.

Adding a "Purple" faction to the current mix will simply erode us unnecessarily.

That and I'm not looking forward to being forced to create a sister Fleet named "Birdbath and Beyond"

Considering how easy it was to cheat that poll and pad the numbers Im surprised it is used as justification by the fans.
Hell, I posted as bitemepwe and then quoted my on post as another player in the same thread in under 5 minutes to show how easy it was to cheat that poll.

I say bring the RSE faction but not at the expense of the KDF which has been waiting for a lng time to be completed.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Career Officer
# 26
02-25-2013, 12:18 PM
I've got a feeling we don't have that much to worry about.
I believe when the Romulans come out, there will be a much larger portion of the playerbase migrating from the Federation than the KDF.
Simply because those who play KDF seem to actually want to play KDF while a whole bunch of people are just playing Fed because they don't have what they want available.
Career Officer
# 27
02-25-2013, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
I've got a feeling we don't have that much to worry about.
I believe when the Romulans come out, there will be a much larger portion of the playerbase migrating from the Federation than the KDF.
Simply because those who play KDF seem to actually want to play KDF while a whole bunch of people are just playing Fed because they don't have what they want available.
For me it's worse. I want to play ALL factions..... so many things to do and so little time.
Only Internet users deal in absolutes !
Empire Veteran
# 28
02-25-2013, 01:30 PM
I quite agree that the Fed faction is going to get hit HARD when the rom faction appears. The vast majority of players in the KDF faction want to play KDF, very nearly exculsivly (I have 9 toons, 3 fed.. mostly there to check out the new Fed toys, and for roleplaying and socializing)Any new faction are going to cause a drawdown in Fed faction numbers.

Personally I suspect the real reason of Trek gamer hatred of the KDF from the fed side is just how badly time and time again the Klingons kicked the snot out of federation led forces in the play of the Starfleet Command series of games (regularly outnumbered by the fed faction by more then 4 to 1 and we STILL kicked thier butt)

Mostly I want equal treatment also for my chosen faction. The KDF tutorial, along with the 1-20 content and some storyline filler in the 20-50 zone would go a long way toward bringing some faction balance. Adding other factions will also effect this by causing more draw down on Fed side.

I'll keep waving the flag on the tutorial etc because to back out of it now would just look stupid and flaky. Though there are other good reasons to insist that it happen, and that Cryptic get the idea that adding any additional factions in such a partial state is a "Very Bad Idea" is likely the most important of them. I am a die hard KDF player and have been since SFC, and Klingon Academy. But I saw with the play of Starfleet Command that there are players that WILL insist on wanting to play any other faction other then the Federation. (can't say I blame them either...in a non fed faction you can make your own addition to Trek history.. the fed story is pretty much locked down.. If I wanted to follow a script I would have become an actor!)

so I wonder what interesting thing we get tossed at us this week?

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Career Officer
# 29
02-25-2013, 02:03 PM
The only way I'd play a Romulan would be if they had really cool ships. Otherwise, I'm not interested in wearing those bad haircuts.

I've got money that says - should there ever actually be a Romulan faction - the number of players won't be significantly different than those of the KDF.

And then I'll chuckle at the rage and tears.
Rihannsu
# 30
02-25-2013, 03:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
I quite agree that the Fed faction is going to get hit HARD when the rom faction appears.
No, it wont.

People that have invested in their Fed characters are not going to just delete them, they are going to be less played perhaps depending on what comes along with the Romulan Faction but ESD is not suddenly became as K-7 is or Starbase 39-Sierra (I actually had to CHECK that base name) since a lot of people are not going to just give up their toys..

Quote:
The vast majority of players in the KDF faction want to play KDF, very nearly exculsivly (I have 9 toons, 3 fed.. mostly there to check out the new Fed toys, and for roleplaying and socializing)Any new faction are going to cause a drawdown in Fed faction numbers.
I call BS on all of this.

Everyone will check the Romulan faction unless Cryptic puts a high paywall on it because its new shinny and few will remain with their chosen faction doing the exact same thing they done for YEARS now.

Its new, people will check it because everything else is something they done several times already, there is nothing new to do KDF or Fed side as long it does not cost them a thing, why the hell not?

Also I say this, I have little to no interest with making a Romulan because its 1-to-50 treadmill again, its Rep again down with doing the same STFs I am doing for my 3rd and 4th characters, now for the 5th time and for what? Another "vs" faction ... no thank you.

Quote:
Personally I suspect the real reason of Trek gamer hatred ...
I could make a long reply about it but I am going to be serious here.

STO come out 8 YEARS after Starfleet Command series that I come to dislike because of were they lead us and this come from someone were one of the early games I recall playing was Star Trek: Judgment Rites.

Oh I played Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy, I prefer Academy even if it was battle heavy at least it was not as annoying heavy as Klingon, I stopped playing Klingon Academy because it was always the same damn thing after a while ...

Oh and I remenber Vulcan Fury, always wondered what happened to that game ... oh, a storyboard ...

http://murraystudios.com/storyb/trek/trksb.htm

DAMN YOU!