Career Officer
# 41
02-25-2013, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiplyrustic View Post
5-man; 3 of 5 in a fleet together, final boss is almost dead, 3 fleeties vote out 2 non-fleetmates. Happened in those "other" games regularly...
I thought the other games which implement the vote kick eventually altered it so it was only available at the beginning?
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-25-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnohd View Post
Decrease the idle timer. Add a pattern check to determine if there is a repeating input pattern (3rd party macro running on software or Logitech keyboard) and have it ignore those inputs when checking idle. Remove all rewards if idle at mission completion.

The key is, there is 3rd party software and hardware available which would make it possible to even automate the queuing process, queuing, joining and leaving at the end all without an operator. Hell, I've done it myself in previous games, mainly to save myself from carpel-tunnel when farming/mining out in the world, usually still while at the keys, just not repeatedly running the same path and clicking in the same spots. Some of these even record and playback mouse movement. The hard-core paid multi-hacks often have bots with a "wiggle" randomization programmed in to make it more difficult to detect... unsure/doubt any of those have been made for STO (yet).

Better FPSs and other mmos used to have the ability to filter out the repeating patterns which suggest simple "botting" macros used by afk farmers.

Its a matter of applying that same detection here - seek the anti-idle pattern and reject it for purposes of idle, afk flag, and inactivity logout.
Heck there are some software that is getting pretty smart. I saw a youtube for EVE-Online that you could run it and mine for you the system (with proper setup) It will warp in, mine, fight off pirates (depending on where you mine or run away)
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Career Officer
# 43
02-25-2013, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sasheria View Post
Heck there are some software that is getting pretty smart. I saw a youtube for EVE-Online that you could run it and mine for you the system (with proper setup) It will warp in, mine, fight off pirates (depending on where you mine or run away)
Yep. I've seen ones with built-in (usually poorly implemented) chatbots to reply to whispers from GMs... but those are few and far between now, and I seriously doubt anyone has spent the time making one for STO. I'll have to check the AAA multi-hack sites and see. I kinda hope not.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-25-2013, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Yep. I've seen ones with built-in (usually poorly implemented) chatbots to reply to whispers from GMs... but those are few and far between now, and I seriously doubt anyone has spent the time making one for STO. I'll have to check the AAA multi-hack sites and see. I kinda hope not.
you know, I wouldn't be surprise. I see a lot of AFKer in Defera.

I wouldn't be surprise if someone made one. I saw one for Ragnarok Online (RO) that practically PLAY for you. That was a grind fest game. No stories just grind exp and loot.

You can check every once in a while to see what loot you save in the bank and such. They convert all the "pretty graphics" into simple graphics (dots and letters) and there are complex math to do all the work like moving around.

I wouldn't be surprise of packet readers or even screen readers (now they are getting pretty advance for the handicap. I seen some pretty rad screen readers) that couple with a good program can do a lot for you.
Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional.
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-25-2013, 03:47 PM
Quote:
I thought the other games which implement the vote kick eventually altered it so it was only available at the beginning?
Yep, which makes it functionally useless. You stay long enough to get past the start timer, then go afk.
Captain
# 46
02-25-2013, 04:42 PM
Just did a Romulan Mine Trap and someone on my team ran to the bottom right corner of the map to leech. This is really pissing me off all these leechers.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-25-2013, 05:02 PM
Couple of thoughts on the leeches.
First, report them, every time, all the time. Goal here is to show Cryptic and PWE how bad it is; since they value "metrics" so much, contribute to them by filing reports.

Another thing that can be done, specifically to Big Dig, Gorn Mine field and Klingon scout force, each of the Daily mission have you gather 4 items. Make that a part of the actual mission and make them not count for the group, only the person. this will in these instances mean that your leech will have to do at least something. As far as PVP I'm not sure, botting can get around a lot of activity requirements so I can't really think of things to help.

First and foremost, flood them with reports; let them know you're not happy, IF they truly Value you the player they will respond.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Commander
# 48
02-25-2013, 05:13 PM
I am also seeing a lot of AFK players in the Fleet Mark space missions. And most are from the same fleet. Too bad I cant call them out on here. They are a pretty big fleet.