Captain
Simply put, getting into Big Dig or Breaking The Planet on KDF is impossible. I try to remember to queue myself up to at least Big Dig whenever I'm on my Klingon, but it just never runs anymore, at least while I'm online. I don't really like Breaking The Planet, but have been trying to queue up to it aswell, with no luck. Thus wasting 2/3rds of the fleet action dailies.

To fix it, I suggest lowering the minimum number of players required to start the mission. Players probably don't bother queuing because they know its not going to run anyway. Feedback loop: Players don't queue because they think it won't start, and it won't start because not enough players queue. Not being able to see if there are other players in the queue doesn't help, either.

The queue window says the minimum is 12 players, which is way too high. I think it used to be 8, which is still high. In a private queue, you can start Big Dig alone. I've even completed it alone like that, just to see if it was possible. It takes an impractically long time, but it can be done.

However, starting alone or with just one or two others shouldn't be a problem in a public queue, as more players would be able to join in during the mission. And more players would be likely to queue if there was less waiting involved.

Exactly how low the starting limit needs to be depends a lot on just how empty the queues are,, something us players aren't allowed to know anymore. But 1 to 3 players should be enough, certainly no more than 5.
Ensign
# 2
02-18-2013, 12:37 AM
I agree.

For over 2 weeks not one KDF Big Dig fleet action started in my playtime.
Now yesterday finally I could enter and finish one daily quest there.

Either merge it with the fed side *sigh or lower the player numbers to start one.....
Commander
# 3
02-18-2013, 02:46 AM
Yeah those events are pretty unpopular BTW other kdf events like f mark are also in mess they take to long to get in ! Maybe doing it with the feds would solve the problem?
Career Officer
# 4
02-25-2013, 03:30 PM
It's not much better on the Fed side. For some reason people are just not queing up for these anymore, maybe it's all the rep grinding. These are great missions, some of my favorite, I hope Cryptic does something to make them more attractive to players, up the dil reward or offer some marks perhaps.

-Cheers
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-26-2013, 04:51 AM
For the Big Dig they need to make it a Fed/KDF co-ed mission. As for Breaking the Planet substitute the Fed/KDF enemies for Tholians and make it co-ed as well.
Captain
# 6
02-27-2013, 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamma1701 View Post
It's not much better on the Fed side. For some reason people are just not queing up for these anymore, maybe it's all the rep grinding. These are great missions, some of my favorite, I hope Cryptic does something to make them more attractive to players, up the dil reward or offer some marks perhaps.

-Cheers
20 player events are just plain worthless. Mine Trap is the most popular of them all, it is co-faction and I still sometimes wait more than 30 minutes for it to start.

A big part of the problem why people don't queue is also that the daily missions related to the big dig and breaking the planet are completely buggy and you sometimes need to run the mission 3 or 4 times to get credit for the daily.

Fix that and a few more people will queue up because of the 50 fleet marks.

Then drop the max team size from 20 to 10 (reducing enemies as well) and minimum number to start down to 3 and it will actually happen.

Making it cross faction would be gravy.
Captain
# 7
03-02-2013, 02:58 PM
It is hard to get them started. I wish they would make it you only need 5 to start and if anyone else wants to play the mission they would jump right in until it is full.
Captain
# 8
03-02-2013, 03:49 PM
There is a really simple fix, raise the dilithium reward up from 640 to 1440. Just watch how popular those ground fleet actions become.
Ensign
# 9
03-05-2013, 07:57 PM
It's been my observation regarding ground events is that people flat-out avoid them, for one simple reason; on the ground you don't have your uber Zen Store god ship. You have a kit (just like everyone else), a handful of Ground Skills (which everyone else of your class has) and maybe a blue or purple ground weapon, which honestly is only a few percentage points better than everyone else's.

Everyone is more equal, so on PUG ground missions they can't just blow through and carry the whole team like they can on a space-based STF with their maxed-out Fleet/C-Store ship with full Reputation gear.

TL;DR It's harder than with their space god-mode ships, so they don't want to do it.
Rihannsu
# 10
03-05-2013, 10:23 PM
this should change after may update, we'll get cross faction PVP and hopefully fleet actions too

Join the premiere Romulan community now!