Ensign
# 3601
02-24-2013, 02:38 AM
#1 More hair cuts, as Klingons did not have dreds. The Orion Slave Girl in "The Cage" (ST: TOS) had a "Betty Page" cut. That is the short one.

#2 Stills, Your ships, your Captains, your brige officers. Singley and in grupes. You can print them out. Us old paper and dice RPGers like to have mementoes. That takes care of mid-term.

#3 A wider pick of parts to custom bild ships with.

That's all I'v got. I happy with this game.
Captain
# 3602
02-24-2013, 04:36 AM
The only thing i want: enhanced exploration cruiser retrofit 3 pack

-> -> -> STO players unite and say NO to ARC <- <- <-

The "TT and/or AtB less builds" - Thread
Ensign
# 3603
02-24-2013, 10:56 AM
Mid/long-term: It would be nice if Spock's narration came with subtitles. For whatever reason I cannot seem to turn my computer's volume up to a more audible level.
"My home is not a place. It is people, sir."
- Aral Vorkosigan
Ensign
# 3604
02-24-2013, 04:05 PM
Mid/long-term: Crack down on organized griefers such as Starfleet Dental. I'm not talking about blowing a few balloons around Drozana or being a bit mean to roleplayers--I'm talking about spewing homo- and transphobic abuse in chat, allegedly hacking into and clearing a player's account, and banding together to harass and antagonise an autistic player. This is driving people from the game.
Captain
# 3605
02-25-2013, 06:54 AM
Short term

1. Bring space Science powers back to useful levels of performance.

2. Re-examine beam drain mechanics (or weapon drain generally).

3. Introduce ability to merge similar individual beams into a single more powerful beam (if only as a console ability on a specific ship).

Mid term

1. Exploration revamp (my suggestions here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=564581).

2. PvP revamp. New maps, faction based PvPvE territory control, open PvP areas, more rewards for doing PvP.

3. 'Classic' parts for more ship classes (Excelsior, Ambassador, and Galaxy generation).

Long term

Errr... keep up the hard work?
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Lt. Commander
now im a canadian and i do not have a ZIP
i fille dout my postal and the number for card etc and et all. THEN i see

"ZIP*"
what am i to enter there? i do not have a zip code
and if i cant buy zen what am i wasting my time here for building up....
Lt. Commander
# 3607
02-26-2013, 07:54 AM
I have a thought although I don't know if it would be be classified as short, medium, or long-term request but it would be an optional red-shirt difficulty setting for missions and it would depend on how attentive the player is on making sure his BOFF is properly equipped to handle the danger on the mission or how quickly the player can revive the Boff if the BOFF is incapacitated. If the player fails to act expeditiously, the BOFF could die.

At the conclusion of the mission, whether the mission itself is a success or a failure, the game could go to a cutscene on the ship's torpedo deck with the player's toon saying a few words in the presence of his surviving BOFFs and other ships crew. This would be followed by a shot of the player's ship shooting a single photon torpedo into space.

Of course this would leave an open slot for the player to recruit a new BOFF and all the old BOFF's gear would be automatically placed in inventory.
Republic Veteran
# 3608
02-26-2013, 09:43 PM
1. Additional Hairstyles(primarily female)

2. Expanded Unique Interiors, like the new Andorian bridge, maybe add more to it? ect...

3. ST:Enterprise NX-01 Bridge and interior(similar to the TOS pack)

I really would like to see more Hairstyles, out of the three it's probably the easiest to make happen as it doesn't require licensing. More Long styles and maybe a few mid-length styles.
Ensign
# 3609
02-27-2013, 10:21 PM
One thing only: Give us the damned Jem Attack Ship Hangar for the Dread. There's no way to dispel the whole, "Greedy, Under-handed, Trolling Dev" image, but you can at least make up for a tiny amount of the intense idiocy most recently displayed.
Captain
# 3610
02-28-2013, 07:15 AM
---short
Loot
-auto loot should auto need rather than leaving i line if boxes. having to exit shooter mode to clear screen clutter breaks flow and immersion.

fix the dssv models that leave the warp nacelles & pylons floating separate from the hull

---medium
logical ship characteristics.
- agility/acceleration should be based on rational physical factors of the ships size/weight against engine output, not by the power of myth & magic.

ship components
- give them a meaning beyond the superficial
if its smaller make it lighter
if it looks sturdier/heavier make it so
etc

make grenades etc bounce off cover shields and walls rather than pass through them

change the 'orbital strike' ability to 'overload weapon battery' and have it work like a powerful grenade with different effects based on the weapon you are holding.

fleet command galaxy, (a cruiser/carrier) the thing had the biggest shuttle bay in the federation, when faced with enemies using fighters, its the most obvious candidate to be given a carrier role.

the incomplete weapon sets like phased tetryon, retrofit phaser and polarised tetryon should be manufacturable at memory alpha at mk 12vr grade if for large amounts of dil and data samples and a high research skill.

---long
NPC AI for a gun game
nothing ruins immersion than having a blatantly out of place myth & magic mmo AI, in a gun game. all this leads to is dead doffs & chuckles the spider clown enemies running through the middle of your party for apparent lols
and would be much better than giving the enemy boss a TPK launcher.

make the cover mechanic work consistently and the npc's actually use it.

something to experiment with could be combat away missions using a squad tactical game type as was popular with games like ufo.

Last edited by skollulfr; 02-28-2013 at 07:31 AM.