Commander
# 371
02-25-2013, 06:08 PM
I'm pretty sure you can equip the various qualities of peregrines, danubes, delta flyers, and scorpions, how is that "half a ship?"
Empire Veteran
# 372
02-25-2013, 06:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepantsparty View Post
I'm pretty sure you can equip the various qualities of peregrines, danubes, delta flyers, and scorpions, how is that "half a ship?"
I guess you did not read where I stated the fact that unless you own the Attack Ship you will never have any kind of Frigate sized Hanger Support to use with the Dreadnought Carrier, you'll only be able to use Fighters and yes I know its the same deal with the Recluse but we'll just have to wait till Cryptic figures out a way to gate whatever Frigate they create for it

I know that the Feds have been dealing with the above issue more so than the KDF and I think its unfair to them has well.
Commander
# 373
02-25-2013, 06:24 PM
Frigate-size? So the whole complaint is that you don't like how the ships you launch look?
Lieutenant
# 374
02-25-2013, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiar3 View Post
Half a ship? And then call someone else stupid?

Dude you are not forced to use JHAS, u can use any other pet that any other carrier can use and u can use jem fighters.

Are all other carriers half ships? Don't think so.

Again no one forces u to use the JHAS pet, u can use any other pet just like the other carriers. If you would have read before buying u would have known this. The JHAS pet is a extra feature if u own the ship yourself. It has nothing to do with the carrier.

Half a ship..
are you a cryptic emploee? its the only way i can clarify to myself that you would actually type this garbage....
Empire Veteran
# 375
02-25-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:
Frigate-size? So the whole complaint is that you don't like how the ships you launch look?
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion but.... no

The Frigate sized Hanger Craft can take more hits than the much smaller fighters.

Almost all KDF Carriers have a Frigate sized Hanger Option that we can use to help draw some argo away from our Carriers and we all know that if your Carrier takes less hits it can survive much longer in battle.

The Feds don't really have any kind of Hanger option that can hold argo for them and the Hanger Attack ship would have been their 1st Frigate sized Hanger Support ever.

The Hanger Attack Ships are the only Frigate Sized hanger option that can be used with the Dreadnought Carrier, no other Frigate Sized Hanger Craft can be used with it and unless you own the Bug ship you'll be stuck using thin skined Fighters.
Commander
# 376
02-25-2013, 08:17 PM
In elite STFs I've never seen any type of carrier pet - fighter or frigate - live for more than a split second if something targets them, so as far as I'm concerned the difference (other than that the J'H fighters are currently horribly underpowered, but in line for a buff) is cosmetic.
Empire Veteran
# 377
02-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
In elite STFs I've never seen any type of carrier pet - fighter or frigate - live for more than a split second if something targets them, so as far as I'm concerned the difference (other than that the J'H fighters are currently horribly underpowered, but in line for a buff) is cosmetic.
Then you must not have ever seen the ABOP, I use them all the time with my Vo'Quv and the 4 of them can handle Elite Cubes (non Tac) on their own.
Lieutenant
# 378
02-25-2013, 08:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Then you must not have ever seen the ABOP, I use them all the time with my Vo'Quv and the 4 of them can handle Elite Cubes (non Tac) on their own.
this information is actually correct. the BoPs are really good for both PvP and PvE
Commander
# 379
02-25-2013, 08:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by errab View Post
Ah, that must be the difference. My KDF only has the normal BoPs, and they seem to explode just as fast as fighters do. Soloing cubes isn't a problem because I can just redeploy as necessary, but the ones I send in aren't coming back.
Captain
# 380
02-26-2013, 07:31 AM
My Jemmy Dreadnought can easily do some Tac Tank, to me it makes the perfect dreadnought...however with the AJHAS-H pets they can tank longer and do some massive threat pull while I buff up or de-buff my enemy.

I only tested this configuration with a friend of mine who allowed me to take a case of the JHAS itself and bump to tribble and test it out. I gave his JHAS back like a non as*h*le......i really wish I was an as*h*le

Last edited by daedalus304; 02-26-2013 at 07:34 AM.
Closed Thread