Republic Veteran
# 11
02-25-2013, 07:04 PM
So we are going to take away the one unique function of the Catians and Ferasans just to appease the handful of PvP players who don't know how to properly defend it?
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Empire Veteran
# 12
02-25-2013, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
So we are going to take away the one unique function of the Catians and Ferasans just to appease the handful of PvP players who don't know how to properly defend it?
Because apparently Lunge and Pounce combined is more OP than a one-shot puslewave.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Survivor of Romulus
# 13
02-25-2013, 08:11 PM
Great another weeks worth of whines about a simple change in-game, for one I don't use both Pounce and lunge on my Tac cats so this does not bother me, and it does not apply on other cats classes so again it does not bother me.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-25-2013, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
Great another weeks worth of whines about a simple change in-game, for one I don't use both Pounce and lunge on my Tac cats so this does not bother me, and it does not apply on other cats classes so again it does not bother me.
^^^^ That.
Captain
# 15
02-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.31

General:
  • Quad Disruptor Cannons can now be fitted on the same Classes as allowed by the Quad Phaser Cannons.
Thank you for this. Orion deployables?
Survivor of Romulus
# 16
02-25-2013, 09:12 PM
Quote:
We will be bringing the Tribble server down for maintenance to apply a new update.
ST.25.20130128a.31
Andorian Ships Updated:
Phaser Dispersal Array:
Increased the damage of the Overload attack.
Decreased the charge up time from 4 seconds to 2 seconds.
This no longer shares a category cooldown with Cannon: Rapid Fire or Cannon: Scatter Volley.
This now has a 30 second shared cooldown with the Tachyon Blast from the Tachyon Induction Relay console.
Tachyon Induction Relay:
The Tachyon Blast from this console now increases damage to the target's Shields by 25% for 15 seconds.
If you have the three piece set bonus, your Wing Cannon Platforms will also benefit from this change, but their Tachyon Blast only increases damage to the target's shields by 5%.
These effects stack.
This no longer shares a category cooldown with Cannon: Rapid Fire or Cannon: Scatter Volley.
This now has a 30 second shared cooldown with Wing Cannon: Overload from the Phaser Dispersal Array console.
Wing Cannon Platforms:
Increased the Hull of Wing Cannon Platforms by about 25%.
Increased the Shields of Wing Cannon Platforms by about 25%.
3 Piece Set Bonus: Updated description to indicate that the Wing Cannon: Overload and Tachyon Burst that your Platforms will use is weaker than your version.
This is a text change only.
Updated the FX and icon for the Cannon Overload attack to indicate that the power is an AoE.
This is a visual change only.

awesome ....now what about the blasted "good for nothing unless your facing 45* at your target" platforms that SHOULD shoot in a much wider angel and shoot on their own?

sorry but they are incredibly weak (even with the increase to hull and shields) for a 3 minute CD....

Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
I find this line of replies sadly hilarious. We put a lot of work into the massive list of fixes/changes above, and ya'll are hung up on the ability to skip our content. =p
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-25-2013, 09:21 PM
Quote:
  • Quad Disruptor Cannons can now be fitted on the same Classes as allowed by the Quad Phaser Cannons.
  • Lunge and Pounce now share a 6.0sec Category Cooldown.
Thank you.
Republic Veteran
# 18
02-25-2013, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bughunter357 View Post
Then if it isn't such a big deal, then why change it? As you pointed out, there are few people who use it and most of those that I know only use it in STFs. I myself have a tac Ferasan and only use Grenade satchels and hardly ever use pounce itself (much to the chagrin to my fleetmates).

My question is of all the things that need changing, why this? Are the cat-species that dominant in PvP?
Click here to watch my STO play-through video series.
Career Officer
# 19
02-25-2013, 09:43 PM
And still no word on the Phased Tetryon's bugged tetryon proc on a tetryon weapon.
Starfleet Veteran
# 20
02-25-2013, 09:44 PM
And once again nothing about the chat bug. Doesn't surprise me...

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010