Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Captain
# 121
02-25-2013, 11:36 PM
I support the sentiment, but believe this to be a bad idea. The nature of this thread is that of wanting CHANGE. Change necessarily increases entropy, for the entropy of a closed system must always increase. CHANGE IS BAD.

Let us not forget the lessons of S7 so quickly. People thought that the system of random proto drops was bad. They wanted it CHANGED, and they got it: Now there is not a single thing you can actually have without paying an arm and a leg for.

The KDF's present state may not be ideal, but it could be worse...and if you get it changed, it WILL be.

CHANGE IS BAD: OPPOSE CHANGE.
Career Officer
# 122
02-26-2013, 01:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I support the sentiment, but believe this to be a bad idea. The nature of this thread is that of wanting CHANGE. Change necessarily increases entropy, for the entropy of a closed system must always increase. CHANGE IS BAD.

Let us not forget the lessons of S7 so quickly. People thought that the system of random proto drops was bad. They wanted it CHANGED, and they got it: Now there is not a single thing you can actually have without paying an arm and a leg for.

The KDF's present state may not be ideal, but it could be worse...and if you get it changed, it WILL be.

Then I suggest you throw away your computer and climb back on a tree, because we didn't have those house and computer thingiys back in the old days either.
Lt. Commander
# 123
02-26-2013, 04:01 AM
Quote:

If there's on thing that remains the same its that things are constantly changing.
Captain
# 124
02-26-2013, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
Then I suggest you throw away your computer and climb back on a tree, because we didn't have those house and computer thingiys back in the old days either.
UM...That would BE change, lol.
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Career Officer
# 125
02-26-2013, 11:35 AM
Quote:

Thanks for the thoughtful post doffingcomrade

From my perspective though, continuing change is inevitable in STO as it continues to distance itself from its old P2P model and move closer towards PWE's F2P model.

Season 7 was the clearest indication yet of how Cryptic/PWE feel it's best to extend/change STO (barring the introduction of lockboxes) and it's something that saddens me somewhat.

Whilst PWE's Asian model may be successful for them in terms of profits, I've yet to hear anyone that plays their other games say anything particularly complimentary about it.

It's something I've been thinking about a lot in the last few days, and in order to keep this campaign and thread relevant I'll be posting my thoughts here soon.

I guess what's bothering me most though is that it all seems focussed around short-term gain rather than long-term sustainability - I'd like to think STO will be around for some time to come but that seems unlikely when the bulk of Cryptic's revenue is coming from lockboxes - how long can they continue to put out ships like the Dominion ones and retain the player's interest? It's also a volatile model - what happens if/when they release a ship that nobody wants?

A better model would be a system that makes Dilithium ubiquitous in a way that's a choice for the player - making lots of services and perks available for small amounts rather than the outrageous sums required for most Dilithium or Dilithium->Zen purchases in-game.

Anyway, more thoughts on this soon and thank you everyone for your support!!

Stay disenchanted!
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012
Captain
# 126
02-26-2013, 07:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
From my perspective though, continuing change is inevitable in STO as it continues to distance itself from its old P2P model and move closer towards PWE's F2P model.
This is inevitably so, but it does not mean we should turn it into a race for the bottom of the barrel by demanding even more change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by weylandjuarez View Post
Season 7 was the clearest indication yet of how Cryptic/PWE feel it's best to extend/change STO (barring the introduction of lockboxes) and it's something that saddens me somewhat.
Indeed, this is why we must support the status quo. People are always loudest when demanding change, ignoring the fact that change inevitably worsens the situation, as the laws of physics demand it. We must speak up for the status quo. Every time things have gotten CHANGED, it has gotten WORSE. Remember when the KDF still had missions worth doing, and then that was CHANGED and now there are NONE?

NO CHANGE! LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE. DON'T MAKE IT WORSE. Let the Feds head for the bottom of the barrel, Klingons are about using the same old **** over and over. Because Change Is Bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
If there's on thing that remains the same its that things are constantly changing.
Indeed: They are constantly getting worse. That does not mean we should encourage this.
Starfleet Veteran
# 127
02-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Back on forums !

I'm proud to be part of it

All ships KDF + FED renamed to disenchanted.
Captain
# 128
02-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Quote:
NO CHANGE! LEAVE THINGS AS THEY ARE. DON'T MAKE IT WORSE.
I remember doing the STF's when it was all random salvage with the people who used to complain bitterly about never getting prototypes. I found it funny cause these same people were the ones who needed on every bit of worthless salvage and loot they saw. I wonder if it was coincidence? But yeah, I would actually go back to the old random loot drops. Maybe if people were, I don't know, less greedy? Maybe they'd find some satisfaction.

Anyway that's not why I'm here. Got distracted sorry. How's this thing actually getting along? If you don't want to have post buried under sea of posts feel free to pm me.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Career Officer
# 129
02-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Hi vitzh and lir!

well rather than try to bump this (which I know is frowned upon) I've left it largely for people to add their support and/or comments.

In the meantime, if you're 'disenchanted' with STO why not use this thread to say why? And what could be done by Cryptic and/or the players to change that?

If like me, once you were happy to put money into this game and now you're not - or not *as* happy, why is that? And what would make you want to start putting money back into STO?

I have a post I've been working on that I'll put up soon which is my take on this and some ideas that I think would improve things for both the players and Cryptic.

Let's try to keep it constructive though, we want people to see what we're campaigning for will benefit the Devs (and PWE's bottom-line) as much as it will all the players

Qapla'!
Please join our peaceful protest to help make STO a better game
Proudly not contributing to PWE's bottom-line since October 2012

Last edited by weylandjuarez; 02-27-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Captain
# 130
02-28-2013, 05:21 AM
Here's something that's annoyed me lately. Cryptic have quite literally DESTROYED my ship build to the point where if I wanted to fix things on my ship I'd need a respec token. I was wondering if you could add to your list of demands that if Cryptic are going to nerf something to oblivion they provide the players FREE Skill retrain tokens. Regardless if they are effected or not. Quite literally I cannot use my ship now effectively.
KDF Future with Cryptic. Fact.

What Cryptic should consider before releasing anything.
Closed Thread