Lt. Commander
# 1 A Polite Request
02-26-2013, 04:07 AM
Before the game went F2P we had these cool signs in 1st City that were in Klingonese but as you got closer to them they would shift to english. I thought this was one of the cooler features the Dev team came up with and it gave 1st City a unique look. Since there is a major update in the works for May I humbly request that these signs are reinstated into the game.
Lieutenant
# 2
02-26-2013, 01:35 PM
I liked that feature, too. Having everything just automatically be written in english in the Klingon capital feels weird.
Career Officer
# 3
02-26-2013, 01:40 PM
/signed

I miss that feature too.

It really added to the unique atmosphere of Qo'nos.

For Ship Charts and Videos - STARFISH1.CO.UK
Captain
# 4
02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
They were written in English after the new alien recruits kept getting lost and falling into bottomless pits. While a Klingon would not really care about this, when this happens to half your crew, it gets annoying.
Rihannsu
# 5
02-26-2013, 10:27 PM
Yeah and While you're at it I'd love to see KDF ships flying above.
Empire Veteran
# 6
02-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Most likely the assignmend developer wasn't getting enough sleep
How to really behave in online forums with developers

Last edited by notapwefan; 02-27-2013 at 01:45 AM.
Career Officer
# 7
02-27-2013, 01:54 AM
UMMM...folks...the feature is still there.

But when you have a high-end system you won't actually see it because the systems switches to the english writing too early to notice it.

Pretty much every 3-d object in this game has a high and a low resolution model.
Only objects close enough are displayed in high-res.
On a high-end system with high-end settings the system will display the high-res model at such a distance that the transition from the low-res version is not visible.
Hence you hardly see the Klingon writing.
So it's not actually the DEVs fault this time.
Ensign
# 8
02-27-2013, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnumstar View Post
Before the game went F2P we had these cool signs in 1st City that were in Klingonese but as you got closer to them they would shift to english. I thought this was one of the cooler features the Dev team came up with and it gave 1st City a unique look. Since there is a major update in the works for May I humbly request that these signs are reinstated into the game.
LOL that explains that. I have ran back and forward from the signs thinking I had imagined the whole thing and maybe the original text change was a bug.

I think it was a great feature that added to the immersion play.
Captain
# 9
02-27-2013, 02:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
They were written in English after the new alien recruits kept getting lost and falling into bottomless pits. While a Klingon would not really care about this, when this happens to half your crew, it gets annoying.
Pfft, 2/3 of my crew are changelings, mutineers, and incompetent. If I only lose half of them I'd call it a good day.
Empire Veteran
# 10
02-27-2013, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by misterde3 View Post
UMMM...folks...the feature is still there.

But when you have a high-end system you won't actually see it because the systems switches to the english writing too early to notice it.

Pretty much every 3-d object in this game has a high and a low resolution model.
Only objects close enough are displayed in high-res.
On a high-end system with high-end settings the system will display the high-res model at such a distance that the transition from the low-res version is not visible.
Hence you hardly see the Klingon writing.
So it's not actually the DEVs fault this time.
It doesn't happen to me now and it used to, my PC hasn't changed at all its still high end.
So something has changed.
toDuj 'oS rol.