Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,331
# 31
02-26-2013, 03:25 AM
That fact that it IS something you have to purchase in order to unlock means that by nature it SHOULD be better than the stuff you get for free. Same is true for species, ships, weapons, and anything else Zen Store offers. It is SUPPOSED to be better than the free stuff, or else it would be given for free.

Now if you want to argue about being Elitist, or about not wanting to spend real money, then just use the Dilithium Exchange. Turn your Dilithium into Zen, then you too can have the best species, the best weapons, and the best ships. All of this is possible by only using in-game currencies. You just need to work for it. That's right. If you want the best stuff, you need to work for it. The work is good for you anyway. It builds character.

That is how I got my Ferasan and Caitians species, my Odyssey Pack, my Fleet Negh'Var, and all the weapons and equipment on them. Every last bit of it was bought through work and Dilithium Exchange. Problem solved.

I successfully completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE.
My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III

Click here to view my DeviantArt.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,260
# 32
02-26-2013, 03:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dova25 View Post
"This is your top Z Store ship and it still is being slaughtered by any half competent Bug pilot"
I agree with your statement but I think it is normal to be so.
A kumari costs 5k zen ~ 70 mil EC and a jhas costs ~ 400 mil Ec
(I don't have either do I have no bias to either side)

Kumari it so good that some of my kdf friends want to buy the kumari and one wants to switch side to fed because kdf is forgotten in his opinion and he want to fly such a great escort.It saddens me but I do understand them all and I asked them to use their new ship only in FvF.
(They will remain my friends even if they will be flying kumari and even if they will kill me on arena)

"and in fact the Fleet Patrol is a better all round ship." Dont agree with that , I usually kill a fleet patrol with my mu raptor 7 from 10 fights.On the other hand I can kill kumari only by sheer chance. Maybe 1-3 kills from 10 encounters.
That is before the new patch so I guess after the patch comes live it will be worse to anybody who doesn't fly a jhas.
Kumari will hit harder and faster .It will have more spike damage than before => more instant kills

For me personally this tribble patch notes are sad news
Firstly I am coming at this from a Fed player, you know the vast majority of the player base that keeps this game afloat. KDF are a minority, it was originally a PvP only faction and was never meant to be more, it's only through the intense whinning and QQing of this vocal minority that you have got what you have got. However I do think that if Cryptic state that the KDF is to be a full faction then they should have honoured their word.

I have all the above mentioned ships, what you don't understand because you do not fly either and therefore are hardly qualified to comment, is that what makes the bug so OP is one thing above all others, that is it's turn rate. When you add in the shield mods and the hull with pretty good inate healing and a nice BOFF layout with 5 tac consoles then you can see that the Andorian ship is going to be struggling, especially the tac version.

The EC price is totally irrelevant, the Bug ship was a free ship initially from the winter event 2011. Yes you were extremely lucky if you won it but nonetheless it was free. The current price represents it's rareity not necessarily it's value. When the bug ship is placed back into lock boxes or DOFF boxes it's price will fall to about 150 million, I know because I bought one of my two bugs for 154 million and the other for 220 million.

The point is that the Andorian ship consoles as they stand now before the patch are effectively useless, most people slot them in the same place, the inventory slot. Therefore the synergy between the consoles is lost and there is nothing at all special about the ship except that it has moved one of it's weapons to the front.

Your final point about killing fleet patrols being easy is moot. They are easy to get, they are free or at worst a Fleet version and are flown by a disproportionatly large amount of the fed escort player base with the resultant wide variety in skill types. It is highly likely therefore that you will find many that you can kill, far more than in an Andorian ship or a bug. I guarantee you that i know several players that will eat you for breakfast in a fleet patrol.

Cheers
Matt

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,260
# 33
02-26-2013, 03:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindaleff View Post

[color="DeepSkyBlue"]Plus the usage of Tricobalts to take out transformers without destroying the generators first? Not going to happen. I have used them extensively, the torpedoes, the mines, even using them together, fully buffed, and I have never once been able to kill a transformer before it could be healed. And in all the countless hundreds of Elite STFs I have been in, I have never once witnessed ANYONE do it, so I will never believe the threads about that to be truth.
Generally I have agreed with many of the points you have made in this thread but on this one you are wrong. It used to be possible to one shot the transformers, cubes and even the gate. I've seen it, I've done it. Now it would take a coordinated effort from all 5 players with DSPB3 and full buffs to do it but is probably still possible. You may also want to look back at the graviton beam trick that people were doing to the trannies before the Devs spotted it, that was a real lolz.

FLTCDR SRS FLEETS - S.R.S. - S.R.S. ACADEMY - SRS GUARDIANS - SRS KDF
Join Us www.srs-fleet.net/html/join_srs.html
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 484
# 34
02-26-2013, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by commadorebob View Post
Are the cat-species that dominant in PvP?
Yes.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,576
# 35
02-26-2013, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zer0niusrex View Post
Quad Disruptor Cannons can now be fitted on the same Classes as allowed by the Quad Phaser Cannons.
I see you've finally fixed the Orion Interceptors as well, as they now can be used on Escort Carrier class, but you forgot about Tachyon Drones and Marauding Force - they still don't mention EC in their description.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 687
# 36
02-26-2013, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tk79 View Post
What about Ferengi?

If I wanted to make a Tactical ground centric (PvP) Ferengi

Take Lucky and Covert

End up with:

+10 Perception
+10 Stealth
+3% Crit Chance
+20% Exploit Damage.

Funny how that's not on the list
I'll stop kicking that horse when the bugs fixed. Until then as a paying consumer, I will voice my opinion.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9,458
# 37
02-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsyblade View Post
What about Ferengi?

If I wanted to make a Tactical ground centric (PvP) Ferengi

Take Lucky and Covert

End up with:

+10 Perception
+10 Stealth
+3% Crit Chance
+20% Exploit Damage.

Funny how that's not on the list
Careful, they'll want Ferengi nerfed next.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
# 38
02-26-2013, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matridunadan1 View Post
And still no word on the Phased Tetryon's bugged tetryon proc on a tetryon weapon.
I recently investigated the reported tetryon proc issues, and found nothing amiss - all of the figures are what they should be.

Can you point me to evidence to the contrary?
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,474
# 39
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
With the nerfing of a premium species. Do those who have toons get a free retrait for our toons? This is completely unfair and I'm curious to know which Dev decided this was a good idea and based off of what feedback from their favored group of players!
Cryptic Studios Team
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,339
# 40
02-26-2013, 09:26 AM
The cooldown changes made to Pounce and Lunge still allow a Ferasan or Caitian Tactical Captain to fire both abilities with 100% more frequency than any other species. Each already had a 12-second cooldown. The shared 6-sec cooldown allows you to still activate this rotation of powers at double the rate that any other Tactical captain can manage.

Both powers are high-damage melee attacks which bypass a large portion of the targets' shields, and then knock them to the ground causing them to be unable to act for several seconds. While at the same time placing the user in prime position for maximum-efficiency attacks from Pulsewaves, or additional shield-bypassing melee attacks.

The ability to use them back-to-back for chain stuns and massive shield-bypassing damage, while simultaneously gaining advantageous positioning, was determined to be imbalanced for both PvP -AND- PvE. Rather than reduce the effectiveness of the abilities themselves, we chose to limit their use, allowing opponents a window of opportunity to react before suffering a second strike from this powerful ability.

To be frank, it probably won't change much, if anything. Pounce/Lunge is still one of the best tools in a Tactical officer's arsenal, and the Felinoid species still retain dominance in their ability to use it frequently and effectively.
-=-=-=-=-=-
Jeremy Randall
Cryptic - Systems Design
"Play smart!"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
Kurland here...
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:03 AM.