Captain
# 1 Fleet Excel
02-25-2013, 05:44 PM
I just got out of a pvp using my eng in her fleet Excelsior (My opponent was using the KDF timeship with a tac character) and I was unable to last more than 30 seconds of basic buffed fire, my tac/scort on the other hand beat the same ship/character combo, so I have come to the conclusion that there is something seriously wrong with my build... As such I have returned here looking for improvements so lets get started...

My current build:

Weapons
Fore: 3x Tetryon Beam array (Mix of Mk XI and Mk XII all purple or better with at least 1 Acc mod on all), 1 torp (again with 1 Acc mod)
Aft: See fore

Equipment
Full MACO Mk XII

Consoles
Eng: 2x Neutronium Mk XI (Blue), SIF generator Mk XI (Blue), Borg
Sci: Field Generator Mk XI (Blue), Emitter Array Mk XI (Blue)
Tac: 4x Tet Mk XI (Purple)

Boffs
Lt Tac: TT1, FAW2, AP:B2
CMDR Eng: EPtS1, RSP1, Aux2SIF2, EWP3
LT Eng: ET1, ES1
Ens Eng: EPtW1
Lt Sci: HE1, TSS2

Doffs
3x DCE (Purple), 1x WCE (Purple), 1x Undecided

I know I could use something instead of ES but my options are limited and my boff straining options do not include Aux2SIF3 but regardless I know if my eng/cruiser cannot hold off a Tac/scort-sci hybrid-thing where my Tac/scort can either balance is more screwed than we thought or I have a glaring flaw in my build that I can't see for the life of me...
Captain
# 2
02-26-2013, 12:42 AM
Ditch the SIF generator and put in a Monotanium. Also move your Borg module to your Science slots. Replace it with either a 3rd Neutronium or 2nd Monotanium. Remove your field generator. If you have enough shield heals, it's a waste of space. Also I would consider removing your Emitter Array and replacing it with a Zero Point Energy Conduit.

Also... you have only one copy of TT. You have 20 seconds of no protection. My Imperial would smash you in that time. My suggestion: drop a DCE and put in two Purple Conn officers to drop your TT cooldown time so you only need to cycle one. Also switch out your APB2 to an APO1, since APB is removed by TT. APO1 will give you boosted damage, boosted defence, and immunity to holds and snares.

Next I would seriously consider using this BOff layout for Engi:
Cmdr Engi: ET1, EPtW2, EPtS3, Aux2SIF3 (you can get it off a purple engi BOff on the exchange usually around 20-40k ECs)
Lt Engi: EPtS1, RSP1
Ensign Engi: EPtW1

Your science BOff is fine. And I know you won't listen, but seriously, stop using tetryon. The proc just isn't that useful atm.
It is said the best weapon is one that is never fired. I disagree. The best weapon is one you only have to fire... once.
Why the Devs can't make PvE content harder. <--- DR proved me wrong!
Captain
# 3
02-26-2013, 05:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hereticknight085 View Post
Next I would seriously consider using this BOff layout for Engi:
Cmdr Engi: ET1, EPtW2, EPtS3, Aux2SIF3 (you can get it off a purple engi BOff on the exchange usually around 20-40k ECs)
Lt Engi: EPtS1, RSP1
Ensign Engi: EPtW1
I see the sense in the rest of it but does this not waste 2 DCE doffs?
Captain
# 4
02-26-2013, 05:36 AM
Build for Kirking, not support btw. Its a little changed from my regular fleet heavy, which is more tanky. If I didnt hate the excelsior skin so much, I would fly it.

2x Beam array, 2x Photon (or even 4x beam as engineer you should get 8 beams working)
4x beam Array

Borg engines, Borg deflector, Maco shield

Tactical Team I, Fire at Will II, Attack pattern Omega I

EptS I, A2B 1, DEM 2, RSP 3
EpTA I, A2B 1,
EptE I (for optional speed bursts and maneuvers)

TB I, HE2

Neutrinum, 2x SIF, (whatever you want to use here)
2x Embassy shield emmiters with healing
4x energy type dmg consoles

All human boffs
3x Purple technician A2B doffs
2x healing maintanance doffs, those that procs on EpTA (blues are enough)

Enjoy. Main strenght is of course the A2B, heavy shield tank with insane natural hull regen (thanks to SIF stackin) that takes care of all bleedthrough. The 20s RSP is just to piss your enemy. I hate to use it, but the WTF whispers are just too fun.

Last edited by dalnar83; 02-26-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Captain
# 5
02-26-2013, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
Build for Kirking, not support btw. Its a little changed from my regular fleet heavy, which is more tanky. If I didnt hate the excelsior skin so much, I would fly it.

2x Beam array, 2x Photon (or even 4x beam as engineer you should get 8 beams working)
4x beam Array

Borg engines, Borg deflector, Maco shield

Tactical Team I, Fire at Will II, Attack pattern Omega I

EptS I, A2B 1, DEM 2, RSP 3
EpTA I, A2B 1,
EptE I (for optional speed bursts and maneuvers)

TB I, HE2

Neutrinum, 2x SIF, (whatever you want to use here)
2x Embassy shield emmiters with healing
4x energy type dmg consoles

All human boffs
3x Purple technician A2B doffs
2x healing maintanance doffs, those that procs on EpTA (blues are enough)

Enjoy. Main strenght is of course the A2B, heavy shield tank with insane natural hull regen (thanks to SIF stackin) that takes care of all bleedthrough. The 20s RSP is just to piss your enemy. I hate to use it, but the WTF whispers are just too fun.
i really fail to see why the 2 sif console are so integral...you only use 1 HE2 and with a low aux power probably.
i mean it's a pretty standard aux2batt build...what the 2 SIF consoles do for it is beyond me. those doffs you mentioned do something else
Quote:
Damage Control Engineer (Space): Chance for Auxiliary Power to Structural Integrity Field to proc a hull Heal Over Time.
from here

you don't use aux2SIF...you use AUX2batt

in your build the EPtE1 would be better replaced with an ET1 anyway. thats not even my opinion that is mandatory...a heal (not based on aux) and subsystem repair option.
I would also use a borg shield for the full set bonus and loose the TB1 for a science team maybe (something that is not depending on AUX)

better put in the assimilated console and the zero point and some other universal console...subspace jump for instance or the one from the lobi store with the 22% turnrate buff and dmg buff
Go pro or go home
Captain
# 6
02-26-2013, 06:31 AM
I think you are missing the point. The SIF is there to stack the natural hull regen and subsystem repair. The human boffs with leadership take care of all subsystem dmg and repair it quickly. VM for example is cut to 1-2s.

There are maintanance doffs, that proc +20 for SIF and shield emmiters when EtA is used for 30s, so pretty much perma up. USing two such doffs means two additinal SIF consoles.

On my experimental cruiser i could reach close to 500% hull repair regen. You pretty much need TT in PvP (he was asking about it) and using other teams is kinda contra productive. I said it was build for Kirking, not support.

Last edited by dalnar83; 02-26-2013 at 06:33 AM.
Captain
# 7
02-26-2013, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalnar83 View Post
There are maintanance doffs, that proc +20 for SIF and shield emmiters when EtA is used for 30s, so pretty much perma up. USing two such doffs means two additinal SIF consoles.
oh yeah sorry i just saw it. well, interesting idea to boost the natural heal to that extend. but is this 500% actually an "incombat" value?
Go pro or go home

Last edited by baudl; 02-26-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Captain
# 8
02-26-2013, 06:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by baudl View Post
oh yeah sorry i just saw it. well, interesting idea to boost the natural heal to that extend. but is this 500% actually an "incombat" value?
Ye well, I like to think out of the box. The side effect was just that ridiculously long RSP3 (20s), that with A2B makes really fun "tank". Well, at least until you are SNBed. For teams, just replace the RSP3 with ES 3.

In-combat is around 300%. With zero crew its still above 200%.

Last edited by dalnar83; 02-26-2013 at 07:04 AM.