Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 129
when can we see more competitive gameplay and less role-play? i see the updates only bring new ships, new costumes, new lore to explore and that's good and really awesome, but i'm bored to farm dilithium every day doing stfs and foundry missions (wich are cool, but not competitive).
I think we need more instances like starbase 24; more leaderboards like the one in the fleet, but for other things; good rewards from pvp.
I hoppe we can see more competivity in season 8, if not i think i'll go for another mmo

If we all live in boxes that doesn't mean my box is the same color like yours
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 862
# 2
02-25-2013, 11:32 PM
There's the May update, which could either be a Romulan FE or (unlikely) a new faction.

Otherwise, can I have your stuff?

Joint Dev/Community discussion on customizable and gameplay-relevant ship interiors:
Proposal Document // Feedback Thread
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 702
# 3
02-25-2013, 11:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post
when can we see more competitive gameplay and less role-play? i see the updates only bring new ships, new costumes, new lore to explore and that's good and really awesome, but i'm bored to farm dilithium every day doing stfs and foundry missions (wich are cool, but not competitive).
I think we need more instances like starbase 24; more leaderboards like the one in the fleet, but for other things; good rewards from pvp.
I hoppe we can see more competivity in season 8, if not i think i'll go for another mmo
Im sorry but less role-play? Almost none of the things you mentioned involve role-play... except for possibly new costumes...

The the missions are story driven. Those are awesome. The new ships are just better tools for your competitive game play and for the story driven content.

I want more Story, and more role-play. Competitive play in MMOs is always unbalanced and is never fun.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 722
# 4
02-26-2013, 01:37 AM
I think the news update yesterday was the first time they've ever openly acknowledged that there are roleplayers in this game.

Actually, considering that more than half the PVPers on this board are constantly RPing as grumpy Klingons (admit it), it might be the first time PVPers have been acknowledged in a while, too.

Last edited by shaanithegreen; 02-26-2013 at 01:40 AM.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,428
# 5
02-26-2013, 05:32 AM
How about we see LESS competitive gamelplay until they fix it? Call me old fashioned but I kinda believe that until something works correctly it shouldn't be included in the game.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,313
# 6
02-26-2013, 06:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amayakitsune View Post
Im sorry but less role-play? Almost none of the things you mentioned involve role-play... except for possibly new costumes...
what about the ships? ships are a big part of role-playing; case in point being the recent release of the andorian escorts, or the not-so-recent release of the caitian atrox carrier
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 4,013
# 7
02-26-2013, 06:38 AM
The ships here are pixels, not role-play assets.

Correct thread title would be, more comp less pixels

Except the KDF want more pixels, so maybe more comp less Fed pixels
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,400
# 8
02-26-2013, 06:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpa View Post
when can we see more competitive gameplay and less role-play?

Every night in Arena.


Bring friends, you're going to need them.

Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,313
# 9
02-26-2013, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursusmorologus View Post
The ships here are pixels, not role-play assets.

Correct thread title would be, more comp less pixels

Except the KDF want more pixels, so maybe more comp less Fed pixels
if you had an andorian, would you want him flying some random ship or one produced by his race? maybe you wouldn't care either way, but roleplayers do, so to me, ships are a big roleplaying asset
Quote:
[Combat (Self)] Your Kumari Phaser Wing Cannons - Overload deals 128698 (67705) Phaser Damage(Critical) to Borg Bird-of-Prey.
don't mess with the andorians
Quote:
Originally Posted by starswordc View Post
If it walks like an idiot, talks like an idiot, and acts like an idiot, it's a frakking idiot.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 722
# 10
02-26-2013, 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfang240 View Post
if you had an andorian, would you want him flying some random ship or one produced by his race? maybe you wouldn't care either way, but roleplayers do, so to me, ships are a big roleplaying asset
I think he meant exclusively roleplaying assets.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:08 AM.