Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Commander
# 11
02-26-2013, 09:04 AM
it would help those guys that doesnt know that tac team is op compared to other teams

it would help those guys that use 2 et or 2 st, making 2 copies of the other teams a viable option
Commander
# 12
02-26-2013, 09:08 AM
it would help those guys that doesnt know that tac team is op compared to other teams

it would help those guys that use 2 et or 2 st, making 2 copies of the other teams a viable option

Quote:
Just improve the speed and magnitude of manual distrubition by EPS skill as well as EPS consoles (they are useless now anyway). Maybe shield emmiters as well.
could work too
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-26-2013, 09:09 AM
I have a better idea : remove it and balance the game about something else than extreme level of self buffing.
Career Officer
# 14
02-26-2013, 09:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordmalak1 View Post
That would make my life easier- being able to do something other than watch my shields.

...tho an 'auto reinforce X shield' would be interesting.
Most players already have this bound to a key somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by antoniosalieri View Post
I don't see this one helping anyone....

If all that is getting them killed is not the in game auto distribution... then forcing them to have isn't going to save them.
All that is getting them killed? No.

However this is a baseline performance that should just be included, its a start.

Its one piece of the giant puzzle of survivability that is basically lost on the average player.

Quote:
The devs already gave them the gift of tac team...
Tac Team can be SNBd off, TT gaps can be exploited, and TT is the active use super-distribute that not every ship needs to have a copy of.

Basic distribute is exactly that, it's like BFI, it's a basic feature, its free, it has a 2s CD.

There is literally no reason I can think of that this shouldn't just always be on, and even going so far as to suggest that it auto-prefers the facing being hit the hardest.

It's not about yours, or Naz's or anyone else's guns. It's about a baseline performance issue that should just be automatic.

This is like needing to tell your tires to continue spinning every few seconds while you're driving.

Commander
# 15
02-26-2013, 09:11 AM
removing the shield distribution from tac team, and improoving the speed of manual distribution, that's it ?

Quote:
Tac Team can be SNBd off, TT gaps can be exploited
as well as the other team skills

Last edited by borgresearcher; 02-26-2013 at 09:15 AM.
Captain
# 16
02-26-2013, 09:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borgresearcher View Post
removing the shield distribution from tac team, and improoving the speed of manual distribution, that's it ?

as well as the other team skills
As long as it wasn't = to current tac team... cause that would be a little silly.

Sure though I could live with a doubling (which I think would still be short of tac team 1).

Then they can fix tac team... as you say remove the shield distro stuff from it.... increase its dmg buffs.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Commander
# 17
02-26-2013, 09:21 AM
Quote:
As long as it wasn't = to current tac team... cause that would be a little silly.

Sure though I could live with a doubling (which I think would still be short of tac team 1).

Then they can fix tac team... as you say remove the shield distro stuff from it.... increase its dmg buffs.
exactly, tac team would require a little boost
Captain
# 18
02-26-2013, 09:23 AM
My thread has nothing to do with Tac teams or any other team ability. Its the "Distribute shield" key you spam every 2 secs. Its all about getting things which all pvpers bind to keys in one way or another (and forget about) and make it standard for newcomers to pvp.

I personally have a vision of a "switch" in STO that enables all the basic settings for PVP in one go. If they have such an option for targeting objects, why cant it be for a game type? Its all about reducing the learning curve for newcomers and nothing else, so surely that is a worthy aim.
Cryptic aren't gonna rewrite the AI to force people to improve (Too costly and would p*** off too many people)

Its all about getting the most out of the smallest of changes - biggest bang for the buck.

Be honest, how many times have you had a pug in your team who doesn't know how to distribute shields? I'd even go as far as saying the person wouldn't even know what we are on about if we mentioned it in the team.

If PVP needs some drastic changes, maybe they don't need to be big bang changes to be drastic.......

Last edited by naz4; 02-26-2013 at 09:28 AM.
Captain
# 19
02-26-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree there is no harm in adding this as a feature that can be clicked... like weapon auto fire...

Just make the shield bubble that is on our ui already... have a nice green box around to indicate its on auto mode.

For the record I don't have mine Key bound anywhere. I use the per facing settings when I don't have a tac team up.

lol point taken though Naz... its a common sense addition. I still don't see it saving those guys that don't use it in the pug however.
When the messenger comes to appropriate your profits ... kill the messenger.
Captain
# 20
02-26-2013, 09:37 AM
Quote:
I agree there is no harm in adding this as a feature that can be clicked... like weapon auto fire...

Just make the shield bubble that is on our ui already... have a nice green box around to indicate its on auto mode.

For the record I don't have mine Key bound anywhere. I use the per facing settings when I don't have a tac team up.

lol point taken though Naz... its a common sense addition. I still don't see it saving those guys that don't use it in the pug however.
Its all about reducing the learning curve my friend

Due to the lack of information in game, we have to rely on testing, so on and so forth. Remember the first time you did the skill tree. Do you remember the lack of knowledge you had about it? I sure as hell know I knew squat. Now imagine if you had skill trees that could be auto completed for you in game based on a set of logical questions based on your Captain. For example, say you wanted to be a Sci healer with a shock wave based on the questions you answered, the skill tree points would be auto allocated to that configuration. All you'ld have to do is press the accept key, or if you are well versed in it, you would tweak it slightly to your taste and accept it.

These are the types of things I am thinking of for the immediate future Cryptic could invest their time in. Not only would it help PVP, it would improve the whole game for all the other STO communities.