Go Back   Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online > The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback
Login

Rihannsu
Through some ... unusual Foundry awkwardness I've found the ability to make some very ... unusual outfits.

http://i47.tinypic.com/69nqj4.jpg

Here's the thing. Most of this is broken. Then names of options are there but they're not all unlocked, they're not all tagged, they're not viable.

But whether it works is beside the point.

Why can't we make green cat people with shaved bodies or furred bodies or Pink Andorians wearing Klingon armor? Isn't that what the Foundry is all about? Being able to bring whatever we can imagine for our stories to life?

Why isn't this the #1 thing being worked on right now? Sure assets are important, but what's more critical than your villain, a Romulan who has joined the Jem Hadar so she's wearing their armor?

Or your hero? A Rigelian who was vacationing on Risa so she's wearing the Orion bikini top?

Is this not the stuff that makes the Foundry go round?
I am a Cheestah.
Check out my Foundry missions
Fed: "To Helna and Back", "Rema Donna", "Animations with Helna", "Mudd's Weapons", "Waiting for Wednesday", "Monolith"
KDF: "Time the Enemy", "Time the Ally", "Time the Traitor"
Captain
# 2
02-25-2013, 11:44 PM
You know, I'll throw my weight on this too. Whatever small amount that may be.

I remember a Dev interview for I believe PrimetimeUGC where they mentioned they didn't want us full access to some of the raw stuff because you could get some really weird things, such as Tholian bodies overlayed with non tholian skins or weird combo's like shown by hav.

But... you know what. I think there could be worth risking some really odd stuff if it gives the chance to dig into the awkward alien bones that made some things seen on TOS some fun.

Personally, I think unmitigated access to all costume options (the purchased race bug thing) should be taken care of before this, if they are not related.

(But... I'd also think an author subscribe system is more important than even that.)
Rihannsu
# 3
02-26-2013, 04:50 AM
Are you using the Borg Boff suit for the lower body?

But I agree. the costume editor is annoyingly limited. It would be nice if we could use all the options.
HAIL HYDRA!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
I can haz joystick!
MMOs aren't charities. Corporations are supposed to make a profit. It's what they do.
Captain
# 4
02-26-2013, 05:18 AM
I watched Primetimeugc last night and during the interview it was mentioned that all costume options are unlocked for the Neverwinter foundry. With all the enticing options over there people are gonna leave Sto and create stuff in the Neverwinter foundry. Personally i like my women green, shaven and cat faced. Also I think Mr. Stahls concerns are moot regarding the costume editor since nude mods (yes some players can see you nekkid) and all the stuff you can already do with the foundry are no better anyways. It may not be publishable but a mission full of profanity or other offensive content could still be screen capped and published.
Play more STO Foundry! (You can thank me later.)

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR

Last edited by lincolninspace; 02-26-2013 at 05:25 AM.
Captain
# 5
02-26-2013, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincolninspace View Post
Personally i like my women green, shaven and cat faced.
Like your coffee ? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that one.
Quote:
Also I think Mr. Stahls concerns are moot regarding the costume editor since nude mods (yes some players can see you nekkid)
They can already see me in underwear each time I beam out, without 3rd party program, no big deal.

Anyway, back to topic. I agree about more freedom on the foundry mission. Simply make sure there is no option for fully naked people and stuff like that, but if we want to do really weird stuff, I'd say that's part of the foundry.
And a pink gorn with cat face is less weird than 10battleships on top of each other, inside a nebula, that simply wait the final blow.
Survivor of Romulus
# 6
02-26-2013, 07:13 AM
While it is certainly important, I don't think it's necessarily the most important.

Costumes, to me, aren't the most important part of a mission. You only see them shoulders up in dialogue and very small on maps.

I think the most important thing is more assets. For Q's sake we need more floor/ceiling options, more Federation walls, things to help us build more convincing and varied starship interiors.

Still, if they decide they want to work on the costume editor, that's cool with me.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.
Captain
# 7
02-26-2013, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by erei1 View Post
Like your coffee ? I'm sorry, I couldn't resist that one.

They can already see me in underwear each time I beam out, without 3rd party program, no big deal.

Anyway, back to topic. I agree about more freedom on the foundry mission. Simply make sure there is no option for fully naked people and stuff like that, but if we want to do really weird stuff, I'd say that's part of the foundry.
And a pink gorn with cat face is less weird than 10battleships on top of each other, inside a nebula, that simply wait the final blow.
No my coffee is pink obese and borg implanted.

A TIME TO SEARCH: ENTER MY FOUNDRY MISSION at the RISA SYSTEM in the SIRIUS SECTOR
Captain
# 8
02-26-2013, 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drogyn1701 View Post
While it is certainly important, I don't think it's necessarily the most important.

Costumes, to me, aren't the most important part of a mission. You only see them shoulders up in dialogue and very small on maps.

I think the most important thing is more assets. For Q's sake we need more floor/ceiling options, more Federation walls, things to help us build more convincing and varied starship interiors.

Still, if they decide they want to work on the costume editor, that's cool with me.
In the interview Mr. Stahl made it sound really easy for them to do.

Survivor of Romulus
# 9
02-26-2013, 07:59 AM
I don't think difficulty is the barrier here. It's stahl actually tasking someone to work on it or someone doing it in their spare time and stahl giving the ok to put it in.

Plus, overcoming his objection to people making really crazy costumes. Personally I'm fine with crazy costumes... but I'm not the one running this game.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
"I would rather take a chance on getting a change made to the game through positive engagement than know for sure that I got a change made by complaining" -drogyn1701, May 14, 2014.

Last edited by drogyn1701; 02-26-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Career Officer
# 10
02-26-2013, 10:22 AM
CBS seems really strict on what they're allowing in the game...I could see them explicitly telling Cryptic that they don't want weird things combos (like green cat women)

Check out my Foundry missions:
Standalone - The Great Escape - The Galaxy's Fair - Purity I: Of Denial - Return to Oblivion
The Defenders - Duritanium Man - The Improbable Bulk - [WIP] Commander Rihan