Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Captain
From the interview posted today with Mr Stahl it looks like the KDF will get a new tutorial in May, plus a couple Fed missions re-worked for the KDF.

Is this what is expected?
Captain
# 2
02-26-2013, 10:53 AM
Umm, yup.

Actually it's more than I expected for the KDF judging by history, but I'll wait till May before I say "I called it".
KBF Lord MalaK
Awoken Dead

Contact support @ https://support.perfectworld.com/app/ask
to show your displeasure over the stealth mail attachment nerf
Captain
# 3
02-26-2013, 11:09 AM
I'm in the "Wait and see" camp with a side of "Skeptical about the future quality."
"when you're out of Birds of Prey, you're out of ships."
Empire Veteran
# 4
02-26-2013, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by patrickngo View Post
I'm in the "Wait and see" camp with a side of "Skeptical about the future quality."
^ More-or-less the same, about the 'Wait and See' bit
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Empire Veteran
# 5
02-26-2013, 11:23 AM
This really is not a surprise after 3 years of this, it became clear a long time ago that there is only one faction in this game the devs give a damn about.
toDuj 'oS rol.
Commander
# 6
02-26-2013, 11:46 AM
Actually what I expected, so I can't be disappointed. Big words by Stahl but little real efforts.

Looks like The Romulan fans are the real winners of May.
Cryptic's shamefull history with the KDF

http://www.stowiki.org/User:Peregrin...ryptic_Studios
Career Officer
# 7
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
Hmmm, From my understanding of this interview transcript, it seems more like the tut is the May release, that's all. Re-worked missions seems to be "in discussion" at this time. Could just mean internal discussion phase, and little work down on actual programming/developing on these yet....

I do not understand the release of a tut without filler missions from it to lvl 20. I thought KDF content was condensed as it is now for this very reason that the small content was too stretched out and needed a lot of grinding to pick up the extra XP.

At the end, this interview is relatively vague as far as what to expect for KDF... tut for May, what in between, ships?

SERVER NOT RESPONDING (1701s)
Empire Veteran
# 8
02-26-2013, 12:08 PM
I really think we should make it very clear we expect more..

Tutorial, Levelling missions from 1 to 20, additional missions from 20 to 50 to fill some of the holes and give incoming players a better feel for the KDF faction.

Additional ships would be nice, specificly something to off set the massive advantages the UFP faction has recieved and will continue to recieve in its ship selection.. even if its the SAME currently existing ship models with further updates and tweeks to the stats, or new weapon,system, and BOFF loadouts. Additional character costume options are highly desireable..and I do not mind at all if they are C-Store.

This faction will never equal the UFP faction for over all content. I am willing to accept this. I how ever am not willing to tolerate this being half a faction, or 2/3rds of a faction, or 3/4's of a faction for another year. If thats all we get is a Tutorial and a smidgen of mission content with excessive XP rewards for a fast levelling track I will have finally hit the point of no longer willing to support STO and will go find another game that is far more balanced in its play. Or even return to a couple of my old favorites.

We allready made it clear that "all at once" is acceptable..which may mean we don't see anything much at all for the KDF between now and May. But I am hoping that the studio got the clue that the "all at once" had best be fairly substancial.

I refuse to tolerate for much longer pumping cash into half a MMO. If we don't see substancial improvement to the KDF faction come May/June, I'm gone. The Fed player base can have thier Federation only club.

I've allready spent a couple thousand or so on this game over the last three years. I'm not that willing to spend any more unless I see some real overall improvement, and inclusuion of what should have been here at game launch.

Khemaraa sends
Release 8.5 "STO The Next Generation"

Let the happy old bug stomping commence, along with refinement toward enhancing each factions play experience!
Captain
# 9
02-26-2013, 12:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
Actually what I expected, so I can't be disappointed. Big words by Stahl but little real efforts.

Looks like The Romulan fans are the real winners of May.
Pretty much as expected for me. They might throw in a KDF adventure zone as well - but I put that on the FAR outside of "might"

I really wonder what the figures of new KDF player/existing players are now?

My main KDF fleet House of Beautiful Orions is always busy and rocking - always at the 500 cap - but my old fleet where I keep my original KDF toon and help out with the base - has both feet and 1 arm in the grave.

Last edited by born2bwild1; 02-26-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Career Officer
# 10
02-26-2013, 12:22 PM
So they'll redo the part of the tutorial where you have to run all aroung Qo'nos? Dat KDF content.
----