Captain
# 5301
02-25-2013, 07:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
I think I'll stick to being me.
Dorman: So would I.. But the thing is.. It is however.. The state of things.
Captain
# 5302
02-25-2013, 07:15 PM
Andrews: *Comes to the 2* Sirs we have something that is working.. I never worked on a Defiant class before.. It is impressive to see an old vessel.
Career Officer
# 5303
02-25-2013, 07:24 PM
Tal spends time dueling. After his normal practice he goes to hand to hand combat. Growing restles.
Career Officer
# 5304
02-25-2013, 11:04 PM
After a few hours of combat training tal returns to his quarters. They are empty by human terms but he has all he needs. As his mood relaxes his armor goes from black and gold to a light red and dark blue. He sits in the center of the room. And relaxes. The last few shedai are here in this fleet. The quadrant never really knew when the Diadact made his move there where only a few thousand shedai all together. And now they all where here. Getting ready to defend the earth.

While humanoids have need for holodecks tal can do it through his own mind. As he let's his mind go back. To eons ago. When the galaxy had been at peace. He had grown up on there homeworld. He had been born into a high ranking family of much power and wealth. But it was also a time a change for there people as well. And then the war started. He goes through the war again in his mind. At first things had gone badly and then one man had led a daring defense of a world. He later would lead all there forces. The Diadact. He against his parents wishes had joined in the battle. Serving at the diadacts side and learning all there was to learn of war. And after that the galaxy rose up against them and the shedai had been forced to leave. He remembers there homeworld burning his home destroyed. And the Diadact saving him. Putting him and a select few on stasis awaiting his return to power.

Getting up tal looks out the viewport. Wsiting again is all he can do now.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5305
02-26-2013, 08:38 AM
*The Intercept coordinates. 1200 Rebel ships have gathered so far (800 Republic Vessels (remember, they have a supply line from the Republic in the Delta Quadrant), 209 Klingon Vessels, 91 Romulan Vessels, and 100 Federation Vessels (so far)), including the R.S.S. Matthew Neilson, R.S.S. Republic, and U.S.S. Excalibur.

R.S.S. Republic, Bridge. Sam walks out of the turbolift and turns to David.*

Sam: Permission to come aboard?

David: Granted. I surrender Command to you now.

Sam: Thank you, David, I accept Command.

Computer: Command codes reverted to Captain Allington, Samantha.

Ops: Captain, the Matthew Neilson is hailing.

Sam: Onscreen.

*R.S.S. Matthew Neilson, Bridge. Matt is sitting in his Command Chair as Sam appears on the Viewscreen.*

Matt: Sam, we don't have a lot of time. Based on Commander DeFalco's projections, we have less than 6 hours before the Synthesisers arrive.

Sam: Then we'd better hurry. You take the Matthew Neilson and rally several vessels for reserve while--

Matt: Sam, Ramez put me in overall command of the attack.

Sam: Why?

Matt: Sam...

Sam: Don't suger-coat it.

Matt: Alright... *He stands up* straight up.

You're emotionally involved in this battle. Your Synthesiser Doppelg?nger is commanding that ship with DeSalle. Command doesn't want to put you in a position where--

Sam: Where I could get everyone killed.

Matt: Not in so many words, but...

I've also got more experience fighting this thing, and I have a plan in mind to take it out.

Sam: I got it. We're making the same upgrades to our fighters here. You'll have 4 more ships to join Alpha Wing out there.

Matt: Thanks Sam.

Look, I'm sorry. I have my orders.

Sam: I understand. I'd make the same call.

Matt: Okay.

Take the Republic and form up with the Klingon Battleship Wing. Taragi's forces should be here any minute. They'll form the forward Vanguard if Alpha doesn't get through.

Matthew Neilson to all ships, listen up. We've only got this one chance to stop that thing. If it gets into the Kazaran Belt, we won't be able to follow and it'll be inside Preston Republic Territory.

Stand by for your command assignments.
My Fan Fictions
Starfleet Veteran
# 5306
02-26-2013, 09:02 AM
*U.S.S. Excalibur, Deck 8. Ensign Forbes is one of the Excalibur's Maintenance Engineers, and is one of few crew members who was present at Charis IX.

1 year earlier. The U.S.S. Garret Anderson enters orbit above Charis IX. Forbes is in the Shuttlebay when 2 Security Officers walk past.*

Security 1: Any idea who'd attack such an isolated neutral planet?

Security 2: The Signal didn't say. All it said was they were under attack. I heard from Commander Davis that there's no one alive down there.

Forbes: There are over 8 Billion inhabitants!

*The Security Officers turn around to face him.*

Sorry, couldn't help overhearing.

Security 1: Hey Forbes. Yeah, I know right? There's no radiation in the atmosphere, no sign of bombardment, and the population died too fast for it to be a bio-weapon. I had no idea Preston's forces had that kind of weaponry.

Security 2: Maybe it wasn't Preston?

*All Forbes can think about is the story of Taron VIII, 100 years ago. Everyone on the planet was wiped out without a trace by some ancient race, but he couldn't remember which. It was before the Shadow War broke out.*

Security 1: Gimme a break! He's been trying to get his mitts on this system for months!

Forbes: I think he's right. It seems to big a scope for Preston. Deis II is one thing. He was at the Diadact's side. But personally ordering the execution of a whole planet?

Security 2: One thing's for sure; whoever did this, it's made the Bolarus Massacre look like a bar room brawl.

There aren't even any solid remains down there. The buildings look like they've never been touched. All that's left of the people are ashes.

Forbes: Who would do that?

Security 2: The Charans are one of the oldest space-faring races ever encountered. They stay in their own system, but they've been warp capable for at least 2000 years. Maybe they p***ed someone off long ago.

*Suddenly, the Red Alert Klaxon sounds.*

Captain *Over comm*: Red ALert! All hands to Battle Stations! Republic Warships approaching!

Security 1: I told you!

*The Security Officers run out while Forbes closes the panel on the Runabout he was working on and picks up his tool box.*

Forbes: Forbes to Engineering, standing by for assignment.

*Present Day. Forbes puts his tool box down and enters a Jefferies Tube. He opens a panel and begins inspecting the Plasma Conduit.*

Forbes: Forbes to Engineering.

Engineering *Over comm*: Go ahead Ensign.

Forbes: I'm at the Plasma Junction. It looks like the Phase-converter is misaligned. I'm fixing it now.

Engineering *Over comm*: Understood. Keep us apprised, we're still at Battle Stations.

Forbes: Got it. Forbes out.

*OOC: Allen suggested we do a few side stories following characters not involved in the main story. He can describe it in better detail, but it's very similar to the concept of Babylon 5: S5 E4 "A view from the Gallery" (Logan may know what I mean).

I decided to use one to add depth to the Charis IX massacre and open up a future storyline I had planned. One that's a bit more in line with the idea will follow.*
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5307
02-26-2013, 11:51 AM
*OOC: I will the basic rules are that the main cast are not focused on here.. They may show and speak for a cameo part which is small.. They can be mentioned.

The cast for the side story can and must be from people un related or not part of the main story. They can be civilians. I was going to do Charis IX before the battle and before the inhabitants died. but we can do Ryan's first.

Remember total character driven..*
Captain
# 5308
02-26-2013, 12:02 PM
*Republic warships Delta Contingent, 100 ships all the best of the best, Deadliest contingent in the Republic fleet. Commodore Barbossa stand before his crew above them superior and calm. Completely stoic.*

Barbossa: Vax, tell me what about the people down there?

Vax: I dunno sir.. The readings show that something happened I don't know what.. The Charisians were neutral to the war and did not care for it. The President ...

Barbossa: I know he wanted to get them into the fold because of their numbers and their fleet... Also the system will drive a wall between the Rebels outside the core and here in the core.

*Looks at that vessel*

Hail them.. I want to know what they are doing here? At this place...

*OOC: Oops Charis IX one year ago.

Last edited by chrisedallen89; 02-26-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Career Officer
# 5309
02-26-2013, 12:25 PM
Tal stands aboard the bridge.

Tal: hail the rebel fleet.

Officer: aye sir.

Tal: rebel ships we are at the coordinates Nd ready for the assault.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5310
02-26-2013, 12:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
*Republic warships Delta Contingent, 100 ships all the best of the best, Deadliest contingent in the Republic fleet. Commodore Barbossa stand before his crew above them superior and calm. Completely stoic.*

Barbossa: Vax, tell me what about the people down there?

Vax: I dunno sir.. The readings show that something happened I don't know what.. The Charisians were neutral to the war and did not care for it. The President ...

Barbossa: I know he wanted to get them into the fold because of their numbers and their fleet... Also the system will drive a wall between the Rebels outside the core and here in the core.

*Looks at that vessel*

Hail them.. I want to know what they are doing here? At this place...

*OOC: Oops Charis IX one year ago.
*Forbes is walking down a corridor toward the bridge. A Science terminal had broken down and the Bridge wanted it fixed as soon as possible. As he walked onto the bridge, he saw Captain Hart looking at the Republic Fleet. Forbes stopped for a moment, taking in the sheer size of the fleet.*

Hart: Call for reinforcements.

Open a channel.

*Forbes looked to the Science terminal at the back of the bridge. Forbes walked over to it and tapped a control, getting no response.*

Science Technician: It's been like this for 5 minutes. I was conducting a radiographic scan, and then the whole station froze on me.

Forbes: It's probably the gel pack. They've been having problems with those all week down in Cybernetics. Without a steady supply, reusing old gel packs is resulting in defects creeping in.

*He rests his tool box on the console and kneels down, prying the access panel open. He looks at the gel pack, which is in good condition. The gel is still clear blue.*

That's odd. The pack looks fine.

It could be the data-shunt, but...

*He pulls out a circuit board, inspecting it before replacing it.*

No, that's fine too.

*In the background, he can hear Captain Hart's voice get louder, irritated.*

Hart: Get comms back! Send a message with the emergency comm; we can receive messages but cannot respond.

Ops: Aye sir. Sir, the fleet is just a few minutes away.

Forbes: How bad is it?

Sci tech: Still frozen.

Forbes: I mean the Rep ships.

Sci tech: Oh. As well as we expected. They came into weapons range and locked on, before sending a hail.

It would help if we could diagnose the comms problem with ALL our stations.

Forbes: Working on it.

*He looks at the gel pack again, noticing a light behind it. He pulls the rack holding the pack out to get a clear look. There's a strange, jet black circular device attached to the Computer link-up. It almost looks organic, with a soft, menacing red glow.*

What the hell is that?

*The tech kneels down to look.*

Sci tech: I have no idea.

First Officer: Something wrong, gentlemen?

*The First Officer knelt down beside them, having overheard the confusion.*

Forbes: I don't know, sir. There's something attached to the Console's computer link-up. It's definitely not standard equipment.

First Officer: Can you get it off? We need this station back.

Forbes: One moment.

*He pulls out his tricorder, tapping a few controls on the holo display as it scans the device.*

I think so.

*He puts the tricorder back before taking out a laser cutter. He gently cut the device away when the Deflector Array, unbeknownst to the crew, began emitting a Taloron beam at the planet, which is almost impossible to tell apart from Thalaron Radiation. This happened just as the Republic Command ship's scans became focused enough to detect thalaron radiation.

Forbes pulled the device off the console interior and placed it in a transparent aluminium case to keep it isolated.*

There.

*The console unfreezes and Forbes puts the gel pack and panel back before putting his tools away.*

That should do it.

Sci tech: Thanks, Ensign.

*As Forbes walked off the bridge, he heard a tone from the Engineering Officer's station.*

Engineering Officer: That's strange. I'm reading an increase in deflector array power output.

*OOC: Yes, this would be the part where the Republic mistakes the beam as a weapon, and comes to the conclusion that the Anderson destroyed the colony. Forbes just unwittingly killed the chances of a peaceful resolution, not that he could have known.*
My Fan Fictions