Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Starfleet Veteran
# 41
02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stirling191 View Post
So you didn't demand something for nothing because you don't like a particular playstyle?

You didn't demand that a marginalized population remain marginalized simply because you don't like them?

You didn't make the assertion that a majority of players must like something for it to be worthwhile?
I didn't demand to have any new gear without earning it. I stated it shouldn't be there. That's you misreading something.

I didn't demand anyone remains marginalised. That's you assuming.

Yes, I did assert that the majority of players must like something. That's the way of the world. The needs of the many. Or haven't you seen that one?
Captain
# 42
02-26-2013, 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darramouss1 View Post
I didn't demand to have any new gear without earning it. I stated it shouldn't be there. That's you misreading something.
Oh really...

Quote:
I'll also bet that there are more non-PvPers than PvPers. Why should the majority miss out?
How about...

Quote:
PvP is an OPTIONAL aspect of the game. A lot of people, like myself, don't want to have to PvP in order to get stuff.
Or maybe...

Quote:
So you're saying that people who don't want to partake should just miss out on new equipment?
So I'm just "misreading" you asking to be given rewards without doing the work when that's exactly what you said?

Quote:
I didn't demand anyone remains marginalised. That's you assuming.
And yet you go on to say this...

Quote:
Yes, I did assert that the majority of players must like something. That's the way of the world.
Can you go even half a post without contradicting yourself?
Captain
# 43
02-26-2013, 11:58 AM
I feel compelled to point out that most of those comments are completely neutral regarding what should be done; and could just as easily be taken to mean there shouldn't be PvP rewards. As opposed to wanting the rewards without having to do PvP for them I mean.

Be careful of interpretations. Just saying.
Exploration suggestions thread - give it a read

BTW, you'd pronounce it 'Cap'n Manks'

I protest the removal of exploration clusters
Career Officer
# 44
02-26-2013, 12:01 PM
Quote:
Hysterical.

You actually think that because you refuse to partake in PvP that there should never be PvP or Rewards that go with it, because then you would be unwilling to earn those little digital toys.

Captain
# 45
02-26-2013, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post
I feel compelled to point out that most of those comments are completely neutral regarding what should be done; and could just as easily be taken to mean there shouldn't be PvP rewards. As opposed to wanting the rewards without having to do PvP for them I mean.
If there was only one instance of said comments, that argument might be tenable. But multiple pages bashing PvP, PvPers and all around having a fit at the mere notion of PvP rewards puts the kibosh on that as far as I'm concerned.
Captain
# 46
02-26-2013, 12:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnmanx View Post

Be careful of interpretations. Just saying.
You missed the point completely.
Captain
# 47
02-26-2013, 12:20 PM
A PvP reputation system could be easily exploited.

If they ever do a PvP reputation system they would have to give people a reasonable amount of PvP credit for the reputation system regardless of being on the wining side or not. I personally think if they ever do it the gear and stuff should only be useful in PvP being specifically designed to use against human players. It could have sub par stats compared to all other gear of equal MK versions but have good bonus against human players.
Career Officer
# 48
02-26-2013, 12:28 PM
The PvP reputation system would probably be like the PvE reputation system, completely optional.

My main character easily maxed out on Romulan and Borg reputation, but none of my other characters have undertaken the option to level up in this system.

None of the skills or gear in a future PvP system will likely be vital for PvE, so you do not have to play PvP if you do not want to.
Career Officer
# 49
02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logicalspock View Post
The PvP reputation system would probably be like the PvE reputation system, completely optional.

My main character easily maxed out on Romulan and Borg reputation, but none of my other characters have undertaken the option to level up in this system.

None of the skills or gear in a future PvP system will likely be vital for PvE, so you do not have to play PvP if you do not want to.

Logicalspok is....logical!

Career Officer
# 50
02-26-2013, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marshalericdavid View Post
A PvP reputation system could be easily exploited.

If they ever do a PvP reputation system they would have to give people a reasonable amount of PvP credit for the reputation system regardless of being on the wining side or not. I personally think if they ever do it the gear and stuff should only be useful in PvP being specifically designed to use against human players. It could have sub par stats compared to all other gear of equal MK versions but have good bonus against human players.
Yeah, because in Star Trek they showed ships which had shields which were very effective against human controlled ships but not against robot controlled ships