Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,541
# 11
02-26-2013, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophlogimo View Post
Please explain.
Better damage for the Wing Cannon Overload.

Better shield striping power with the Tachyon Blast, adding shield resist debuff is just icing on the cake. And the Tachyon Blast shield strip isn't that heavy in PVP thanks to resists from PI.

The Wing Platforms able to stack on the shield resist debuff is nice too, but they are still fragile so it is acceptable and not too broken/overpowered.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 12
02-26-2013, 10:20 AM
Regarding the charge time, it sounds very similar to the Vet ship's console's damage ability. Using this comparison, yes prebuffing is required. But, there are times it can be worth it when a player picks his/her spots and seems fine to me considering the benefits.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,015
# 13
02-26-2013, 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareel View Post
Love how they can add that to a console in a day yet Sci has been begging for quite awhile to get something so useful added to their shield stripping powers with no luck.

Bet it gets added to a new ultra rare doff in the next doff pack. Blah.
/cries a little.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,541
# 14
02-26-2013, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Regarding the charge time, it sounds very similar to the Vet ship's console's damage ability. Using this comparison, yes prebuffing is required. But, there are times it can be worth it when a player picks his/her spots and seems fine to me considering the benefits.
Honestly, the Chimera's FAW Overload feels faster then the Kumari's Cannon Overload.

For example, with the Chimera.. it's <Sound effect of charge up> Which takes about 1 second.. then BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM during which time your free to buff your self.

The Kumari, even with the new 2 Second charge time is: Chargeing...Charging....And.... FIRE.. which takes about 2.5 Seconds...during which time you can't use ANYTHING till it fires.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku

Last edited by webdeath; 02-26-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,495
# 15
02-26-2013, 01:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by webdeath View Post
Honestly, the Chimera's FAW Overload feels faster then the Kumari's Cannon Overload.

For example, with the Chimera.. it's <Sound effect of charge up> Which takes about 1 second.. then BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM during which time your free to buff your self.

The Kumari, even with the new 2 Second charge time is: Chargeing...Charging....And.... FIRE.. which takes about 2.5 Seconds...during which time you can't use ANYTHING till it fires.
Could be, I haven't timed it, more going by feel. Next time I use it I'll try and time it out. Not that it should make any difference, but I'll work on KDF side.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,541
# 16
02-26-2013, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by p2wsucks View Post
Could be, I haven't timed it, more going by feel. Next time I use it I'll try and time it out. Not that it should make any difference, but I'll work on KDF side.
If your going to test that, best thing to do is Activate Lotus and once active, see when, and for how long, it locks you out of ability usage.
You think that your beta test was bad?
Think about this:
American Football has been in open beta for 144 years. ~Kotaku
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:17 AM.