Login

Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by archoncryptic View Post
You're welcome. Unfortunately, I don't know when these changes will be live.

The Tachyon and Overload consoles will almost definitely stay at 3 minutes - that's the standard cooldown for console powers, and we'll be balancing around it.

The Wing Cannon Platforms are staying at 3 minutes for the moment, but there's a possibility we might decrease it at a later time. We're going to see how they hold up with the increased health and shields. They're not supposed to be as easy to re-deploy as hangar pets - they pack a lot of punch on a ship like this (especially with the improvements that are coming), and there needs to be a way to counter them.

With few exceptions, Dilithium Store equipment in general caps out at Mk XI. Mk XII equipment is intended to primarily be available through endgame content, such as our Fleet and Reputation systems.

These weapons are just color shifts of standard Dilithium weapons - they're there for flavor and role-playing. Not everything we introduce has to be designed specifically to be the best endgame stuff ever. =D

I'm not opposed to putting "Fleet" Andorian weapons in the Fleet system eventually, but don't expect them soon. If we do make Andorian fleet weapons, they'll probably go in at the same time as several other new fleet items.
Thanks for the update! Just glad you guys are looking into it

I understand the issue with the platforms, and like you said we will wait and see how the changes do before we go asking for anymore changes related to that.

I never really thought about the dilithium store items like that, thanks for clarifying it for me. But I just feel that spending dilithium on equipment that offers no benefit over end game is a little pointless to use, I think its cause im using fleet weapons idk. ill look at them again to see if they have some form of use to me.

As for the fleet version of these weapons it would be nice to have and easily to do I would imagine, I remember when the game launched we had the ability to change the weapon color at will. Why cant we do this again? Or can you apply this to maybe elite fleet space weapons ?? it would add a much needed graphic change to end game content.