Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Gameplay
Login

Survivor of Romulus
# 11
02-26-2013, 01:24 PM
We'll get:

1 butt-fugly nigh useless battlecruiser,
1 Temporal Ambassador-ish mission and,
an extended (aka painfully and mercilessly drawn out fun murdering) tutorial which will be basically the same but now are spaced 2 lvls apart with XP reduced to half.
NO to ARC...Make It VOLUNTARY

RIP KDF 2014-07-17 Season 9.5 - Death by Dev
Rihannsu
# 12
02-26-2013, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brigadooom View Post
So they'll redo the part of the tutorial where you have to run all aroung Qo'nos? Dat KDF content.
my bet is they'll probably have a whole new tutorial and rework the existing one to come after that.
Empire Veteran
# 13
02-26-2013, 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rezking View Post
We'll get:

1 butt-fugly nigh useless battlecruiser,
1 Temporal Ambassador-ish mission and,
an extended (aka painfully and mercilessly drawn out fun murdering) tutorial which will be basically the same but now are spaced 2 lvls apart with XP reduced to half.
While I doubt we'll get a lot of content, I still highly doubt they'd go with that little either (and besides, the 'half XP' bit sounds like extra work they'd have to do with the systems for no profit).

Still, I'll stay with the 'Wait and see' attitude.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
plus a couple Fed missions re-worked for the KDF.
Did you smoke something illegal? There are no plans for more KDF missions. Just the tutorial and that's it.

Quote:
DSTAHL: It is still on our to-do list, but there is no estimate to when these missions will be converted. For now, the only KDF content we're discussing is the upcoming revamp of the Klingon tutorial.
In my Stahl-English dictionnary, it means:

- we'll get substandard missions. Kill 5/5. Brag about your kills at the end because you're supposed to be a Klingon warrior. It will feel like doing the Tau Dewa Patrol. For real.
- they've discussed it. A lot. Because they love discussing about stuff, more stuff, and eventually what could be done for the KDF. They have glorious, epic plans. But in no way it is added to the schedule and turned into something playable.
Captain
# 15
02-26-2013, 06:53 PM
And yet players on these forums keep begging Cryptic to make a Romulan Faction. Look at how incapable they are with the KDF.

To do that to the Romulans as well? It's just going to make more people angry and/or annoyed.
Career Officer
# 16
02-26-2013, 07:12 PM
I don't think they would be reworking the KDF tutorial if they weren't going to give KDF level 1 access without being tied to the Feds.

Cryptic / PWE isn't stupid. S7 brought in a wave of new and returning players, and its surely no coincidence that S8 launch coincides with the release of Star Trek Into Darkness. They know they will get a lot of new players, and a lot of them will want to play the Klingons. And they will want to play the Klingons immediately.

A new tutorial is a much bigger investment than porting missions from Fed-side where all the artwork and assets are already there and you just need to tweek some dialogue. It makes no sense to go to the trouble of making a new tutorial if they aren't going to deliver more.

"The Snowmenz Are Coming! The Snowmenz Are Coming!!"

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
# 17
02-26-2013, 07:15 PM
I'll wait and see. But the whole thing just seems lackluster thus far. And really, you know, consistent with their past efforts. So I'm not holding my breath with anticipation or anything like that.
Empire Veteran
# 18
02-26-2013, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by born2bwild1 View Post
From the interview posted today with Mr Stahl it looks like the KDF will get a new tutorial in May, plus a couple Fed missions re-worked for the KDF.

Is this what is expected?
Again.. untill my slits see it its a no brainner I wont trust them. They plan it way more toawrds Romualsn (AGAIN) Witch i hate having 2 romulan things together.. S7 and 8
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 19
02-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks3052 View Post
Actually what I expected, so I can't be disappointed. Big words by Stahl but little real efforts.

Looks like The Romulan fans are the real winners of May.
Agreed. Click my Link (It is the same one hawk has)
R'tolves Will Spread Thier Peace and Will Prevail Over the Hostiles Who Dare Hurt Such A Isolationist Consitutional Monarchy!

Empire Veteran
# 20
02-26-2013, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldkhemaraa View Post
I really think we should make it very clear we expect more..

Tutorial, Levelling missions from 1 to 20, additional missions from 20 to 50 to fill some of the holes and give incoming players a better feel for the KDF faction.

Additional ships would be nice, specificly something to off set the massive advantages the UFP faction has recieved and will continue to recieve in its ship selection.. even if its the SAME currently existing ship models with further updates and tweeks to the stats, or new weapon,system, and BOFF loadouts. Additional character costume options are highly desireable..and I do not mind at all if they are C-Store.

This faction will never equal the UFP faction for over all content. I am willing to accept this. I how ever am not willing to tolerate this being half a faction, or 2/3rds of a faction, or 3/4's of a faction for another year. If thats all we get is a Tutorial and a smidgen of mission content with excessive XP rewards for a fast levelling track I will have finally hit the point of no longer willing to support STO and will go find another game that is far more balanced in its play. Or even return to a couple of my old favorites.

We allready made it clear that "all at once" is acceptable..which may mean we don't see anything much at all for the KDF between now and May. But I am hoping that the studio got the clue that the "all at once" had best be fairly substancial.

I refuse to tolerate for much longer pumping cash into half a MMO. If we don't see substancial improvement to the KDF faction come May/June, I'm gone. The Fed player base can have thier Federation only club.

I've allready spent a couple thousand or so on this game over the last three years. I'm not that willing to spend any more unless I see some real overall improvement, and inclusuion of what should have been here at game launch.

Khemaraa sends
You spoke like a Preacher. I agree 1000000000% Of all you say. I wont pay for nothing (I H.A.T.E. The fed side and sure am not going back to it! - Hoping After Time Extinction (LOL))