Starfleet Veteran
# 5311
02-26-2013, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by logang19 View Post
Tal stands aboard the bridge.

Tal: hail the rebel fleet.

Officer: aye sir.

Tal: rebel ships we are at the coordinates Nd ready for the assault.
*Present Day. R.S.S. Matthew Neilson, Bridge.*

Matt: Understood, Tal. The Iconian forces should be arriving any moment now.

*Almost on cue, the Iconian Fleet (278 Ships, most Motherships with the rest being Support Cruisers) warps in and takes up position with the fleet.

I.C.S. (Iconian Command Ship) Dor'kat'a, Taragi's Command Vessel. Taragi looks out the side of the Bridge's massive panoramic windows at the Shedai Fleet.*

Taragi: Ironic, that we find ourselves and the Shedai - two long-time foes - fighting side by side.

Supreme Commander Taragi to Captain Matthew Forrester, we are in position.
My Fan Fictions
Career Officer
# 5312
02-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Present Day. R.S.S. Matthew Neilson, Bridge.*

Matt: Understood, Tal. The Iconian forces should be arriving any moment now.

*Almost on cue, the Iconian Fleet (278 Ships, most Motherships with the rest being Support Cruisers) warps in and takes up position with the fleet.

I.C.S. (Iconian Command Ship) Dor'kat'a, Taragi's Command Vessel. Taragi looks out the side of the Bridge's massive panoramic windows at the Shedai Fleet.*

Taragi: Ironic, that we find ourselves and the Shedai - two long-time foes - fighting side by side.

Supreme Commander Taragi to Captain Matthew Forrester, we are in position.
Tal :all hands report. Prep all ships for launch and all ship commanders report back to
Me
Captain
# 5313
02-26-2013, 01:58 PM
*On the Phantom, main engineering. As Voporak walks in he is met by the usual sights: a cramped little room dominated by the relatively small warp core in the center of the room. Intertwined with the matter-antimatter reaction chamber is a strange looking device giving off a sickly green glow, the temporal core. A console on one side displays the warp core, the other displays an overlay of the temporal core*

Voporak: This here is main engineering. That over there is a Borg temporal node salvaged and originally used on the U.S.S. Dreadnought. I later had it built into the warp core when this ship was constructed. By your standards this ship may be old, but it is still well beyond a typical ship of this class.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Originally Posted by voporak View Post
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Starfleet Veteran
# 5314
02-26-2013, 03:02 PM
OOC: Now going to bed. I'll be back at 16:00 UTC (18 hours.)
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 5315
02-26-2013, 03:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan218 View Post
*Forbes is walking down a corridor toward the bridge. A Science terminal had broken down and the Bridge wanted it fixed as soon as possible. As he walked onto the bridge, he saw Captain Hart looking at the Republic Fleet. Forbes stopped for a moment, taking in the sheer size of the fleet.*

Hart: Call for reinforcements.

Open a channel.

*Forbes looked to the Science terminal at the back of the bridge. Forbes walked over to it and tapped a control, getting no response.*

Science Technician: It's been like this for 5 minutes. I was conducting a radiographic scan, and then the whole station froze on me.

Forbes: It's probably the gel pack. They've been having problems with those all week down in Cybernetics. Without a steady supply, reusing old gel packs is resulting in defects creeping in.

*He rests his tool box on the console and kneels down, prying the access panel open. He looks at the gel pack, which is in good condition. The gel is still clear blue.*

That's odd. The pack looks fine.

It could be the data-shunt, but...

*He pulls out a circuit board, inspecting it before replacing it.*

No, that's fine too.

*In the background, he can hear Captain Hart's voice get louder, irritated.*

Hart: Get comms back! Send a message with the emergency comm; we can receive messages but cannot respond.

Ops: Aye sir. Sir, the fleet is just a few minutes away.

Forbes: How bad is it?

Sci tech: Still frozen.

Forbes: I mean the Rep ships.

Sci tech: Oh. As well as we expected. They came into weapons range and locked on, before sending a hail.

It would help if we could diagnose the comms problem with ALL our stations.

Forbes: Working on it.

*He looks at the gel pack again, noticing a light behind it. He pulls the rack holding the pack out to get a clear look. There's a strange, jet black circular device attached to the Computer link-up. It almost looks organic, with a soft, menacing red glow.*

What the hell is that?

*The tech kneels down to look.*

Sci tech: I have no idea.

First Officer: Something wrong, gentlemen?

*The First Officer knelt down beside them, having overheard the confusion.*

Forbes: I don't know, sir. There's something attached to the Console's computer link-up. It's definitely not standard equipment.

First Officer: Can you get it off? We need this station back.

Forbes: One moment.

*He pulls out his tricorder, tapping a few controls on the holo display as it scans the device.*

I think so.

*He puts the tricorder back before taking out a laser cutter. He gently cut the device away when the Deflector Array, unbeknownst to the crew, began emitting a Taloron beam at the planet, which is almost impossible to tell apart from Thalaron Radiation. This happened just as the Republic Command ship's scans became focused enough to detect thalaron radiation.

Forbes pulled the device off the console interior and placed it in a transparent aluminium case to keep it isolated.*

There.

*The console unfreezes and Forbes puts the gel pack and panel back before putting his tools away.*

That should do it.

Sci tech: Thanks, Ensign.

*As Forbes walked off the bridge, he heard a tone from the Engineering Officer's station.*

Engineering Officer: That's strange. I'm reading an increase in deflector array power output.

*OOC: Yes, this would be the part where the Republic mistakes the beam as a weapon, and comes to the conclusion that the Anderson destroyed the colony. Forbes just unwittingly killed the chances of a peaceful resolution, not that he could have known.*
*OOC: It will do and cause a bloody battle.. That makes the battle for Q'onos look tame.*

Gauge: Sir I am reading a power up from their deflector.. I don't know what it means but it could be an attack on us and our people..

Barbossa: Bring them up on hailing channels... Only fire when we have determined ..

*A rumble from the deflector blast brings the shields down..*

Barbossa: Why the hell did they attack us?

Vax: Do we fire back?

Barbossa: Fire back.. Crafty sons of scully maids tried to kill us.

*The Delta contingent soon open fire on the Garrett Anderson full force and without mercy.*
Captain
# 5316
02-26-2013, 03:22 PM
Quote:
*On the Phantom, main engineering. As Voporak walks in he is met by the usual sights: a cramped little room dominated by the relatively small warp core in the center of the room. Intertwined with the matter-antimatter reaction chamber is a strange looking device giving off a sickly green glow, the temporal core. A console on one side displays the warp core, the other displays an overlay of the temporal core*

Voporak: This here is main engineering. That over there is a Borg temporal node salvaged and originally used on the U.S.S. Dreadnought. I later had it built into the warp core when this ship was constructed. By your standards this ship may be old, but it is still well beyond a typical ship of this class.
Anders: *rushes over and starts analyzing it..* Yes but it is still slow compared to vessels from today... It is a wonder we have not totally revamped the vessel and give it a proper retrofit.

Dorman: Easy Anders.. We don't have time for that yet.. Things are progressing fast and we need what we can manage. See what you can do to up the power couplings and the warp core.. This ship needs to be able to stand up to the fight.
Captain
# 5317
02-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisedallen89 View Post
Anders: *rushes over and starts analyzing it..* Yes but it is still slow compared to vessels from today... It is a wonder we have not totally revamped the vessel and give it a proper retrofit.

Dorman: Easy Anders.. We don't have time for that yet.. Things are progressing fast and we need what we can manage. See what you can do to up the power couplings and the warp core.. This ship needs to be able to stand up to the fight.
Voporak: Mess with that temporal core and you'll find yourself on the wrong end up my shotgun. *Ahem* Do what you need to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by askray View Post
YAY I'M EVOLVED! *drools on his chin*
Quote:
Welcome to the STO forums, where the evolutionary clock ticks backwards.
Career Officer
# 5318
02-26-2013, 06:16 PM
Tal watch's as ships keep coming in and he keeps watching his crew as the iconians arrive. Emotions still run high after all these years.

Tal: remember who we are here to fight today.

Tal watchs the sensor feed as it comes through and once.again can only wait.
Captain
# 5319
02-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Voporak: Mess with that temporal core and you'll find yourself on the wrong end up my shotgun. *Ahem* Do what you need to.
Dorman: *Looks at Voporak* *Then the air in the room goes heavy they can feel his power*

Voporak.. Do you think you could fire that shot gun off?

Your vessel is from the early 25th century and your ship would not take a direct pounding from even a trash scow from this period. Even if you have Omega it is not certain.. But for you to use the Omega weaponry you need to vastly update the weapons systems and the power systems.

I have been through much more than just war.. I have been in hell for over a hundred years.. A hell of my making...

Your ability to get home is not certain is it? You could find yourself stuck in our mirror universe. Which is probably a lot worse.

Please work with us.. Don't block me off from helping you.. We need you to survive.. This war is going to get worse.. A lot worse.
Career Officer
# 5320
02-27-2013, 07:51 AM
Ooc: start class today so i won't be on till around 4 pm central time guys.