Lieutenant
# 51
02-26-2013, 01:32 PM
The cd on pounce and lunge is something that has needed to be done for a long time. As stated above, they were used in chain with pulsewaves. It created situations were a skilled tac could land 3 disables in a row, thus killing their opponent(s).
Starfleet Veteran
# 52
02-26-2013, 01:56 PM
Borticus, when is the chat bug that has been reported via the system and numerous mentions on the forums going to be addressed??? It's getting b.... ridiculous now.

In case you missed the reports: People have run into the problem since S7 launched that they cannot see half of what is being said in the chat channels at all! I have fiddled with settings in social and chat settings and still no cure. My fleetmates with the issue and friends with it same result, tho for some the fiddling helped.

Can you PLEASE look into this or at least give me a carrier pigeon so I can see what is going on again (Which would be esp helpful when the fleet is organizing or running an event)

***Disenchanted***
Real Join Date: Monday, 17 May 2010
Career Officer
# 53
02-26-2013, 02:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by borticuscryptic View Post
The cooldown changes made to Pounce and Lunge still allow a Ferasan or Caitian Tactical Captain to fire both abilities with 100% more frequency than any other species. Each already had a 12-second cooldown. The shared 6-sec cooldown allows you to still activate this rotation of powers at double the rate that any other Tactical captain can manage.

Both powers are high-damage melee attacks which bypass a large portion of the targets' shields, and then knock them to the ground causing them to be unable to act for several seconds. While at the same time placing the user in prime position for maximum-efficiency attacks from Pulsewaves, or additional shield-bypassing melee attacks.

The ability to use them back-to-back for chain stuns and massive shield-bypassing damage, while simultaneously gaining advantageous positioning, was determined to be imbalanced for both PvP -AND- PvE. Rather than reduce the effectiveness of the abilities themselves, we chose to limit their use, allowing opponents a window of opportunity to react before suffering a second strike from this powerful ability.

To be frank, it probably won't change much, if anything. Pounce/Lunge is still one of the best tools in a Tactical officer's arsenal, and the Felinoid species still retain dominance in their ability to use it frequently and effectively.
When why not make an adjustment to the Energy Whip also? I have been personally cheaped out by this things stun effect lasting longer than it takes the opponent to fire off another shot. Seriously though, you guys cherry pick crap to fix and ignore things that really could use a change.
Empire Veteran
# 54
02-26-2013, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wdoc View Post
The cd on pounce and lunge is something that has needed to be done for a long time. As stated above, they were used in chain with pulsewaves. It created situations were a skilled tac could land 3 disables in a row, thus killing their opponent(s).
A buffed pulsewave will kill faster than any pounce combo.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891

Last edited by ashkrik23; 02-26-2013 at 03:37 PM.
Republic Veteran
# 55
02-26-2013, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
A buffed pulsewave will faster than any pounce combo.
Aye. Hell, a fully buffed sniper secondary shot can 1 shot kill things. I know. I've done it.

[6/24 23:12] [Combat (Self)] Your Thalaron Pulse deals 126254 (48978) Radiation Damage to Tactical Cube. Hehe. Suck it Borg!
[10/8 15:47] [Combat (Self)] Crystalline Entity deals 98082 (147136) Kinetic Damage to you with Warp Core Breach. WUT? I blame Kurland for this and all other problems in STO.
Empire Veteran
# 56
02-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tazurensavulen View Post
Aye. Hell, a fully buffed sniper secondary shot can 1 shot kill things. I know. I've done it.
And what about the Cyro pulsewave, isn't that still dealing too much damage?
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
Empire Veteran
# 57
02-26-2013, 04:28 PM
Quote:
And what about the Cyro pulsewave, isn't that still dealing too much damage?
I believe the actual issue is that nothing in-game currently has resistance to it (other than environmental suits, but that's obviously not competitive), rather than damage numbers.
Was named Trek17, but still an author.
Empire Veteran
# 58
02-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
I believe the actual issue is that nothing in-game currently has resistance to it (other than environmental suits, but that's obviously not competitive), rather than damage numbers.
Then they need to add cold resistance.
Captain
# 59
02-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Then they need to add cold resistance.
Yes Sherlock, we have posted all the issues, we don't give them priority over another, Cryptic does.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Rihannsu
# 60
02-26-2013, 07:32 PM
How about an update that isn't about Andorian Consoles and fixed Klingon bugs?