Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 118
# 11
02-25-2013, 04:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by unangbangkay View Post
While we're on the topic of the Omega Force weapon, has anyone else noticed that it doesn't appear on your character's back when holstered? On mine it just disappeared like before the feature was added.
I agree, the Omega weapon should get a holstered image. And as stated it should be folded and on the side like a pistol holstered due to its "compactness"

I even posted it on the "List your top three short, mid, and long-term requests for the game" thread as a short-term request. Hope it gets heard
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 44
# 12
02-25-2013, 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwarlord View Post
I agree, the Omega weapon should get a holstered image. And as stated it should be folded and on the side like a pistol holstered due to its "compactness"

I even posted it on the "List your top three short, mid, and long-term requests for the game" thread as a short-term request. Hope it gets heard
Always liked the fact that the autocarbine didn't have a holster, personally I think all these giant cannons strapped to people look kinda stupid and utterly non-trek. (easy enough to disable thankfully, too bad I can't choose to hide other peoples guns on my client).

But if their MUST be a holstered version it should be in a sling or maybe strapped to the thigh.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,173
# 13
02-25-2013, 09:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypl View Post
The weapon was designed to be compacted and has the melee animations of a pistol. Would be nice if Cryptic showed it folded up and holstered on the hip or something.
Did you just pull this out of your behind? Where did the devs state this is the reason there is no holstering visualization?

What is more likely is that it was overlooked just like the ghostbuster gun.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 376
# 14
02-26-2013, 01:47 AM
The devs have said its because it is classified as a pistol weapon but they didnt want it holstering to your hip since its a "carbine", and pistols cant holster to your back. Problem was there was no carbine class of weapon when they made it thus it fell through a gap when they did the weapon holstering.
Starfleet Veteran
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 961
# 15
02-26-2013, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoney3448 View Post
The devs have said its because it is classified as a pistol weapon but they didnt want it holstering to your hip since its a "carbine", and pistols cant holster to your back. Problem was there was no carbine class of weapon when they made it thus it fell through a gap when they did the weapon holstering.
Bwah?! Pistol?! That's...that's not right. "Carbine" is a shortened RIFLE. It's definitely a "holster on the back" weapon. And there's not a single pistol (not dual pistol) in the game that does full auto.

Plus, even pistols show up properly when holstered.

FIX IT, Cryptic!
Ensign
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 11
# 16
02-26-2013, 05:31 PM
I would be happy if they just changed it's range to 35 like every other full auto in the game. Give me a reson to use the omega set in IGE.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 993
# 17
02-26-2013, 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amosmoses1 View Post
I would be happy if they just changed it's range to 35 like every other full auto in the game. Give me a reson to use the omega set in IGE.
It's not a rifle it's an autocarbine.
Division Hispana
www.divisionhispana.com
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 102
# 18
02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Evidently the holstered visuals for the autocarbine are problematic for one reason or another, and so Cryptic, rather than fixing it, just disabled holster visuals. To give them the benefit of the doubt, I suspect that fixing the holstered visuals is just TMWFTLB, and they would rather focus on other aspects of the game that are more important.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,489
# 19
02-28-2013, 07:18 AM
Reasons not to use the omega carbine in combat have nothing to do with the (lack of) visuals, and everything to do with the fact that borg adapt easily to automatic weapons.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:40 PM.