Lt. Commander
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 104
# 11
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Nope, because it's the 1000 day vet ship.
Or insta-gained through a Lifetimer buy
Commander
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 427
# 12
02-26-2013, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyryck View Post
Andorians are founding members of the Federation.

Perhaps you should change your demand to include only ships with a saucer and nacelles design that fits into the "destroyer" category?
I thought the 'Starfleet' description made that a given, but if I got to pick a hull design:

Insignia class U.S.S. Phoenix

The creator of that design wanted to enter the Enterprise-F contest but couldn't because he lives in the UK.

I'm sure the ship team could come up with a good design though.

I do agree that there needs to be parity for the Klingons before anymore Fed hulls are released. There needs to be a Vesta and Kumari equivalent at very least.

Last edited by dkeith2011; 02-26-2013 at 04:13 PM.
Empire Veteran
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 6,764
# 13
02-26-2013, 04:20 PM
Out of curiousity, are not the fleet escort variants just as good as any 3pack (andorian excluded) that wpuld be availible?
Otherwise wouldnt a 3pack escort bundle just be a very obviuos money grab to make a uber escort when an alternative already exists?
Why not just ask for the ability to reskin the Andorian if you buy it to an escort skin of your liking? Surely any escort made to fill said 3pack would be no moe powerful than it?
Unless they just copy the bug.
In which case, yeah. I think us KDF and even the future RSE would have honest right to complain on not having a similiarly powerful vessel.
Richard Hamilton (1975-2014)
goodbye good friend. We will see you in the DMZ in the sky oneday, save a shot for us.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,600
# 14
02-26-2013, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitemepwe View Post
Out of curiousity, are not the fleet escort variants just as good as any 3pack (andorian excluded) that wpuld be availible?
No, they would be better.

Fleet trumps Zen Store, even pack ships because of higher stats (a good example is the Fleet Intrepid compared with the Vesta) were the only advantage of Zen Store ships is consoles, of course with discount available its just a question of 500 Zen for a "upgrade" over a Zen Store ship, only ships that are out are the pack ships but I dont think they should enter the Fleet system because it would create problems.

Also the Andorian pack is not really that good, people gone nuts because "OMG 5 forward weapon slots!" ignoring the fact the only ship that can potential out DPS the Fleet Defiant have a terrible BO layout, Pack ships do get close to Fleet ships because they have 10 console slots but thats it.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,177
# 15
02-26-2013, 05:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashkrik23 View Post
Need KDF versions first. The Andorian ship is the Tac focused pack.
This. The KDF could seriously use a Flight-Deck Escort pack and perhaps some kind of disable/drain-centric science ship pack. The Ferasan still don't have a ship yet either - not even a shuttle.
Captain
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,223
# 16
02-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Yeah what the FED needs is totally more warships.

Or not.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3,298
# 17
02-26-2013, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith2011 View Post
Now that we have a 3-pack Cruiser (Odyssey) and a 3-pack Science ship (Vesta) can we get a 3-pack Destroyer for the Tactical captains?
No.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no!

NO!!!









No.


"I won't try to hide behind the Law if what I stand for is what's Right."

The Masterverse Timeline / Ten Forward Fanfics
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,351
# 18
02-26-2013, 05:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkeith2011 View Post
I have not and will not be buying the off-brand ships.
Neither the Odyssey nor the Vesta are on-brand, as one was a Cryptic contest winner and the other was made up for a book series.

So I think you already bought off-brand ships.
Captain
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 5,351
# 19
02-26-2013, 05:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2pdrakron View Post
Also the Andorian pack is not really that good, people gone nuts because "OMG 5 forward weapon slots!" ignoring the fact the only ship that can potential out DPS the Fleet Defiant have a terrible BO layout, Pack ships do get close to Fleet ships because they have 10 console slots but thats it.
I disagree. The 5th forward weapon + 4 Tactical Consoles of the Engi and Sci versions can outdamage a Fleet Defiant. Already seen that in action. Haven't seen mine go up against the fleet MVAM yet. But the Andorian 3-pack is A-OK. People just keep talking about the Tactical version and forget all about the Charal and Khyzon, which are both very good ships.
Rihannsu
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 3,600
# 20
02-26-2013, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snoggymack22 View Post
I disagree. The 5th forward weapon + 4 Tactical Consoles of the Engi and Sci versions can outdamage a Fleet Defiant.
A cloaked Fleet Defiant will come out with +15% damage, now lets add a 5th Tactical console ...

Also you are stuck with Wing Cannons, the Defiant 7th weapon slot is turret ... sure its not a DHC but at the same time is still going to do at least 1/4 of damage that a DHC.

Quote:
Already seen that in action.
Combat logs plz.

I am not saying it cannot but a Fleet Defiant have a 5th tac console, that significant and the only difference is BO layout and the fact the Defiant have its 7th weapon on the back.

Quote:
Haven't seen mine go up against the fleet MVAM yet. But the Andorian 3-pack is A-OK.
No, its not ... paying 2500 Zen for +10 accuracy is what you are doing and that comes at a 2 console cost, the consoles are simply not really worthy to have and that is why Cryptic keeps buffing then so people dont just take one and ignore the pack.

Quote:
People just keep talking about the Tactical version and forget all about the Charal and Khyzon, which are both very good ships.
They are no Fleet Defiant or Kumari, the reason people look for this ships is because a 5th tactical console slot means +26.2% more base damage minimum (Blue Mk XI Phaser Relay) and that can go up to 30%.

Sure the other 2 have better BO layouts adding much needed defense but if I wanted defense on a escort I would be flying a Streamrunner.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:53 PM.