Ensign
# 11
02-26-2013, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trek21 View Post
Umm... did you miss this patch note?

The patch notes can't be directly replied to, so the copy-and-paste isn't exact. And if you're wondering when this happened, it was patched to Holodeck on the 21th, and to Tribble earlier than that.
Read the thread http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...d.php?t=552391
Ensign
# 12
02-26-2013, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbaldy View Post
Just as an FYI, when you buy Zen, you're paying Perfect World. Not Cryptic and not DStahl.

And I'm pretty sure a week lapse from removing an exploit to increasing flark rewards doesn't count as "screwing over"
PW pays Cryptic and Stahl......you pay PW, you pay them.
Starfleet Veteran
# 13
02-26-2013, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navarran View Post
PW pays Cryptic and Stahl......you pay PW, you pay them.
Still doesn't change the fact that A. It was one week and B. They did listen to the players and increase flark rewards
Empire Veteran
# 14
02-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by navarran View Post
Many of the posts in that thread happened in-between the removal, and the return of them in the patch notes.

Not after... I think you missed the point: people were mad at the removal, and then it was added back in other places, and in bigger numbers than the removed. And if you're saying we should be upset that we were screwed over in the first place...

That's not something we do anymore It just creates needless anger and frustration that could otherwise be used to more constructive means

Edit: do you even know how to multi-post?
Was named Trek17, but still an author.

Been playing STO since Open Beta, and have never regarded anything as worse than 'meh'.
Captain
# 15
02-26-2013, 05:35 PM
I cannot even conceive of a single theoretical reason to take anyone still paying attention at this point to that 290 page embarrassment seriously.
--------------------------------------

"We are smart." - Grebnedlog

Member of Alliance Central Command/boq botlhra'ghom
Career Officer
# 16
02-26-2013, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
I cannot even conceive of a single theoretical reason to take anyone still paying attention at this point to that 290 page embarrassment seriously.
To not be able to conceive of even a theoretical reason about a the continuation of a forum thread shows a lack of ingenuity on your part :p

I think you may be exaggerating a tad

Last edited by thisisoverlord; 02-26-2013 at 06:07 PM.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-26-2013, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Just as an FYI, when you buy Zen, you're paying Perfect World. Not Cryptic and not DStahl.
and since Cryptic is a wholly owned sub, of PWE, you are in fact, directly contributing to cryptic.
Quote:
And I'm pretty sure a week lapse from removing an exploit to increasing flark rewards doesn't count as "screwing over"
Oh you mean the one that Cryptic, put INTO the game? You know the single best way in the game to earn EC DIL and FM at one time, in a ridiculously short Cooldown.

Yeah, about that.

They put the "exploit" into the game, not the players, they then blamed us for misusing the mission. The problem was, at that time, that mission was the single best way to get all three major currencies, at the same time. So while they removed the "exploit" they put in, it was their fault to start with.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-26-2013, 06:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsurutafan01 View Post
So, you're admitting to being a close minded, opinionated person, who looks down on others that they disagree with

Glad we got that clear.
Next time you log in, ask yourself this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dastahl View Post
If you can't have fun, then what is the point?
Career Officer
# 19
02-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuui13 View Post
and since Cryptic is a wholly owned sub, of PWE, you are in fact, directly contributing to cryptic.

Oh you mean the one that Cryptic, put INTO the game? You know the single best way in the game to earn EC DIL and FM at one time, in a ridiculously short Cooldown.

Yeah, about that.

They put the "exploit" into the game, not the players, they then blamed us for misusing the mission. The problem was, at that time, that mission was the single best way to get all three major currencies, at the same time. So while they removed the "exploit" they put in, it was their fault to start with.
Just to let you know, you're beating a dead horse. The exploit wasn't that people were using the Foundry wrapper mission to accumulate FM quickly, it was that people were designing Foundry missions solely for the purpose of grinding out those FMs as quickly as possible, which violates the stated intent of the Foundry.

Even if that weren't the case, Cryptic is allowed to make balancing adjustments to in-game currency rewards. They stated outright that this was a balance adjustment and that Fleet Marks would be added elsewhere, but the forum community didn't believe that it would be done in a reasonable time frame (if at all), and threw a collective fit.

Since then, Cryptic has added more ways to gain Fleet Marks, and in greater quantity than were available before the Foundry wrapper mission got removed, and it seems like people are generally happy with the addition of a lot more Fleet Marks and varied ways to get them.

In short, the issue that you're harping on was a short-lived misunderstanding about a rebalancing of in-game currency. Especially egregious is that you're continuing to bring up that issue in a thread that has nothing to do with it, so please, let it die.

On topic - while I'm bummed that I already picked up some Zen this week due to it being my birthday and having some extra spending cash, I've still got a couple of birthday cards coming, and I just might consider picking up some discounted Zen. Thanks for the sale, even if I don't wind up taking advantage of it personally!
Career Officer
# 20
02-27-2013, 01:23 AM
Of corse there are many nug's in the game and more wishes of users to bring functions and content into the game, but did anyone recognize that there is never a response to the comments of an announcement?

I even think they don't read this comments either.

So we have to submit Support Tickets en mass like we did it in the past if they don't react on the comments.

An directly speak in an Ask Cryptic to DStahl so we can pin him with his own answers.
If we ask exact questions and requested a real answer and no contentless bla bla answer then this could work for good.

And please forgive me to remain optimistic that we get the functions and content we all want.

And as Reminder, DStahl told that we should send him PM's with our wishes and he promised to consider them in his development plannings.

Greetings

kngor (Motzi)
=/\= 58. Geschwader - Fleet Admiral =/\=
=/\= Vice Admiral |□|□|□| Andreas@Motzi =/\=
=/\= Yan Isleth - yo' 'ai =/\=
=/\= Lieutenant General |₳|₳|₳| K'ratak@Motzi =/\=